Laughable

• Thread starter Illogical
  • 56 comments
United States
PA
Illogical_mind
My opinion of this may be biased because I've been playing assetto Corsa and project cars 2 with a Rift on PC. I have a g29 and older PS4. But this is nothing like I expected.

Just to start off, why can't you drive in first gear? Just touching the throttle causes instant redline and tire spin with no movement. I never understood that about gt games. Racing softs, a stock m4 and I can't go anywhere cause it wheelspins like it's 1500hp?

AI just drives through you like you're not there. They don't even attempt to slow down or dodge you.

Car selection is limited compared to other games, the appeal of Gran Turismo in the past was massive car selection. Thanks for removing the fun cars.

Sounds are weak. The tire squeal is so high pitched and louder then everything else, except for the transmission whine. I can't change this cause there's no options menu.

The force feedback feels non-existent, while the wheel strength is like it's cranked to 150%. None of the settings lighten that up for me.

The graphics I won't lay into cause ps4. But I can't see a ps4pro being any better. Everything seems dull and not the details I was expecting. Not impressed though.

The driving feels so fake and overly sensitive. After all this waiting, it was supposed to be exciting to get back into GT. It's been probably 2 years since I switched from gt6 to Assetto Corsa.

What a shame...

I want to be more constructive and have more realistic and detailed points. But I'm so confused by it and the community here loving it so much.

I hope it gets better. But there's 4 major players here to me. AC, PC2, Iracing, and GT. If you can switch between 3 of them seamlessly and not the 4th, then it's not in the same league.

Just to be clear, I've had every got game. And a g27 for 5 and 6.

GT was my go to for years. But it's just so disappointed after all the waiting

Last edited:
I am judging the demo, but they aren't going to change the physics for the full game.

Apparently I can't use the shifter in the demo either?
You shouldn't judge a demo. The most you could do at this point is point out any bugs that PD could fix. & if you don't like the physics, then like I said, don't play it.

Seriously, if you want something that is "Laughable" then you should read over what you have just written.

I wanted to find that, but I got your attention, so I'm good
Keep double-posting and you'll get the mods attention, too.
F.A.Q.
“Double posting” occurs when a user makes two consecutive posts, one after another. If this is done for no apparent reason, “double posting” is typically frowned upon and may result in a warning or infraction for “spam”.

However, double-posting is not forbidden, and can be useful in many cases. For example, if a reasonable amount of time has passed or you have significant information to add to the topic, present it in a new post so that others, including thread subscribers, are made aware of the update.

I know I'm being harsh, I'm a huge gt fan.

I think laughable fits. I laugh every time it doesn't register a shift. Then I laugh more when I can't shift at all anymore and have to wait for the car to almost stop to get it into gear.

Don't go super forum tough guy because you don't like my opinion. It's based on years of anticipation.

Keep double-posting and you'll get the mods attention, too.

You are not a mod, nor are you contributing to the topic, so why don't you go read the rules yourself.

Last edited by a moderator:
You are not a mod, nor are you contributing to the topic, so why don't you go read the rules yourself.
You're so rude & disrespectful!

I know I'm being harsh, I'm a huge gt fan.

I think laughable fits. I laugh every time it doesn't register a shift. Then I laugh more when I can't shift at all anymore and have to wait for the car to almost stop to get it into gear.

Don't go super forum tough guy because you don't like my opinion. It's based on years of anticipation.
Your opinion is not relevant. It's 'Laughable'. I give up.

I take back one thing I said. The road feel in the wheel is really weak, but the wheel strength to center itself is ridiculously strong

So if I have an after thought or read somebody else's reply after I've written I have to edit and add it?

My opinion of this may be biased because I've been playing assetto Corsa and project cars 2 with a Rift on PC. I have a g29 and older PS4. But this is nothing like I expected.

Just to start off, why can't you drive in first gear? Just touching the throttle causes instant redline and tire spin with no movement. I never understood that about gt games. Racing softs, a stock m4 and I can't go anywhere cause it wheelspins like it's 1500hp?

AI just drives through you like you're not there. They don't even attempt to slow down or dodge you.

Car selection is trash compared to other games, the appeal of Gran Turismo in the past was car selection. Thanks for removing the fun cars.

Sounds are weak. The tire squeal is so high pitched and louder then everything else lol. I can't change this cause there's no options menu.

The force feedback feels like it's cranked to 150%. None of the settings lighten that up for me.

The graphics I won't lay into cause ps4. But I can't see a ps4pro being any better. Not impressed though.

The driving feels so fake and overly sensitive. After all this waiting, it was supposed to be exciting to get back into GT. It's been probably 2 years since I switched from gt6 to Assetto Corsa.

What a shame...

I want to be more constructive and have more realistic and detailed points. But I'm so confused by it and the community here loving it so much.

I hope it gets better. But there's 4 major players here to me. AC, PC2, Iracing, and GT. If you can switch between 3 of them seamlessly and not the 4th, then it's not in the same league.
I see nothing wrong with the graphics on standard PS4, except dark cockpits which is piss poor. The presentation is great, livery editor likewise, that's where the goodness ends for me. The driving is uninspiring and feels so unnatural, the curbs have zero affect on the car. It's a real shame as I'm loving the livery editor but then don't want to actually drive. It's an expensive tech demo to me which is why I will pick it up pre owned.

You've been playing Assetto Corsa? then GT Sport should be nirvana for you :lol:
On track AC pisses all over GTS in every aspect bar graphics.
The game creator says there will be about 500 cars down the line
lol if you believe that. He also said GTS will have more features than any GT in the past and on launch, not a single feature from the past has been dropped he said.

Course maker is 100x100 square miles he said.....and that's just for starter. Nothing Kaz says means anything until we actually see it.

Last edited:
besides having to be connected all the time (a peeve of mine) I think it's great! The motion-steer for DS4 is a little twitchy but a lot better than Driveclub's motion steer. I just wish I had more time to play (and PSVR)

I can't stand it when, and not sure why every game released needs to be better than all other similar games or be locked together in a battle to the death style debate.

We are all (well mostly) mature gamers who have different tastes. If you like one game over the other then go and enjoy it.

Leave others to form their own opinion and enjoy anything they want. Don't like it? Don't play it. It's just that simple.

I like it so far. I'm not pro racer, I just like cars and photography so it's all good for me.

Be excellent to each other.

I have a G29 and the FFB if anything is too weak on full strength i don't get how you can say it's 150%.

Ya I should edit that. I meant the centering strength is 150% while the feedback from road and edges is barely noticeable.

I did chuckle a bit....after playing PCars 1 and 2 in preparation for the GTS release, the physics felt so different, that I thought that the N100 stage in sport mode had you riding on a big fluffy couch in cockpit mode! :DIt took me some time to adjust/accept GTS for what it is, but it's just a lovely all around title. The lounge-core racing enthusiast's simulator. I love it! :D:bowdown::cheers:

I did chuckle a bit....after playing PCars 1 and 2 in preparation for the GTS release, the physics felt so different, that I thought that the N100 stage in sport mode had you riding on a big fluffy couch in cockpit mode! :DIt took me some time to adjust/accept GTS for what it is, but it's just a lovely all around title. The lounge-core racing enthusiast's simulator. I love it! :D:bowdown::cheers:

Yeah, the MX-5 feels like a sailing boat in GTS compared to race-spec cars in PCars2.

I raced the Miata Cup Car a lot in iRacing and the steering felt much more direct. Maybe the Cup variant has different suspension components, though, and I haven't driven an MX-5 IRL, so I cannot really judge the accuracy of the GTS MX-5 physics.

Like any other "simulator" (I prefer to call GT a game) you have to learn how the cars behave in each game. Even the same car drives different in each game. For instance, the first thing I tried was a Group B rally car on gravel. First few laps felt like I was driving on ice compared to real life (there's literally no grip on the front wheels when turning and it slides around like real cars do on snow when you are going sideways), but after I learned how the gravel and tires work in GT it was pretty easy to take it around the short gravel track.

Also, it feels like the car is going really slow in the bumper cam. But again, it's all about learning how a simulator works.

My personal favourite game is Assetto Corsa on PC, but that's just a hotlap game, not a racing game. On PS4 it's actually F1 2017 because of how it feels with the T300RS. That game gives really good feedback after some adjustments. Only reason I have GT Sport now is because of the FIA championship.

I take back one thing I said. The road feel in the wheel is really weak, but the wheel strength to center itself is ridiculously strong

I found more detail reducing the feedback strength and increasing the sensitivity. It will feel "lacking" at first, but do it one at a time then hotlap, then one more etc.

Re opinions - perfectly entitled to them, but how you phrased it will get some people's backs up. I love the "feel" in AC, but admit I got bored after a while - that doesn't make it a bad game, if you love driving games and have a wheel, you should play / try / own as many as is sensible - this is not "either / or".

Keep racing.

It simulates siting on a lounge? Cool.

I watched that Ovel race with the cars hitting the wall(whether full damage option is on, I don't know) and keeping up speed. Looks like GT5 & 6. I'll never expect it to handle like real cars. However, I'd expect PD to brig back the fun from GT1-4. Gran Turismo is what it is. It'll always be "the close to real looking driving simulator".

Perhaps it's not trying to be in the same league. I've played iRacing, too sim-like for me. Original Project Cars...awful with the pad. AC, was OK based on what little I've played. For me, GT strikes that balance of accessibility, airs on the right side of arcade vs sim, and frankly just feels like an old pair of slippers. I'm a car fan first, racing fan second I guess so this just works for me.

Fired up the game, selected the BMW M4 and hit start on a time trial. M4 sounds nothing like an M4, car floats all over the road and the race background music is unbearable. Exit time trial, try to turn Background music off in the settings and the demo crashes. I'll probably leave it there for now and go back to Project Cars.

Graphics look nice though

Back