Launching..

  • Thread starter Thread starter poyol
  • 8 comments
  • 768 views
Messages
170
Messages
poyol22
How do you guys launch your cars at the start of the race?
Floor it and let it bounce of the limiter or hold it at a certain RPM?

I'm talking about tuned road cars yeah, not the F1 or GT or LM cars...
 
I dont hold at a certain rpm because the car redlines at about 30% throttle anyway when stationary. I generally hold aat about 80% for RWD or 60% for FWD until the get go, then feed the throttle in maintaining a tiny bit of wheelspin until its time to change to second.
 
@Delarado: Holding it at a certain RPM and flooring it at the get go "feels" like it's a smoother launch, because of the minimal wheelspin.

But sometimes I find that redlining it and producing lots of wheelspin at the start is faster... I'm quite confused on this matter actually...
 
The launch :D

gt51.jpg
 
IBOW thats an awesome picture lol.

Poyol ill give that a go, ive still not managed a decent time on the first license test lol (The one that is literally go and then stop)
 
In an FF, FR, MR, and RR cars 400hp and under, I floor it from the start.

With an FF, FR, MR, and RR cars over 400hp, I rev up to around 75 ~ 85% throttle. If the tires slip when the lights go green, I maintain throttle pressure until I hear the revs drop as the tires start to hook up, then I floor it.

If I'm in a 4WD, I floor it -- horsepower be damned.

Results online have been fruitful.
 
For the guy who needs to pass the license. Put it on Manual transmission without any traction control and floor the gas straight from the start. The car has to low HP to spin the wheels at start and the straction control only decreases the amount of power transferred to the wheels. Automatic shifting results in not using the full extent of the gears (it shifts before redlining)

With ABS set to 1 you can (almost) slam on the brakes as well. Watch the example replay to find the exact brake point. Schould be easy peasy this way..

On topic; i just floor the gas in low power cars; higher power cars i semi throttle first gear then floor it in second.
 
Take a look at the cars tuning menu, to check where the cars power band starts.

Then rev your engine up to the start of the power band, in time with the 3-2-1-go.

On go, regulate your power for a small amount of wheel spin.

As far as I can tell, after many practices, this is the fastest way to get going.
 
For the guy who needs to pass the license. Put it on Manual transmission without any traction control and floor the gas straight from the start. The car has to low HP to spin the wheels at start and the straction control only decreases the amount of power transferred to the wheels. Automatic shifting results in not using the full extent of the gears (it shifts before redlining)

With ABS set to 1 you can (almost) slam on the brakes as well. Watch the example replay to find the exact brake point. Schould be easy peasy this way..

On topic; i just floor the gas in low power cars; higher power cars i semi throttle first gear then floor it in second.

Take a look at the cars tuning menu, to check where the cars power band starts.

Then rev your engine up to the start of the power band, in time with the 3-2-1-go.

On go, regulate your power for a small amount of wheel spin.

As far as I can tell, after many practices, this is the fastest way to get going.

Thanks! I'll try those methods tonight:tup:
 
Back