Lay-Z-Boy Racing (Mature Racers CDT) - Accepting New Drivers for New Season

• Thread starter scuudz
  • 235 comments
Good racing with you guys last night! Hopefully I can eliminate the 3 seconds of in-game freeze!
Haha your car disappeared right in front of my eyes at the end of the straight. So weird. Sucks (especially since you were in the lead at the time!)

Good racing with you as welll!

Hi all,

I used to be a part of the following group

and am now trying to revive a similar league 10 years later! It was some of the best fun I've had gaming online, and GT7 has brought me back into the fold.

For those who don't want to go through 17 pages of the old thread, here are the basics:

• Mature, friendly drivers who love good, clean racing and are as concerned about racing etiquette as they are winning (if not more).
  • We politely ask drivers who dominate to find tougher competition.
  • Mostly CST time zone (but drivers from any time zone are welcome)
  • Weekly League Races with a formal points system
  • Tentatively scheduled for Mondays at 8:30 CST for the league races, but mostly of us are on throughout the week hanging out in the lobby doing practice laps, races for fun, sharing tunes, tips etc.
  • Focus on using as much of our garage as possible on a variety of tracks rather than only the quickest, most popular cars.
  • Most of us use voice chat. Not required, but strongly encouraged as it adds to the fun of it all and lets us get to know each other.
  • Time commitment for league races will be kept short and to suit adult schedules so that people can jump in and participate in the league even if they have just 1 hour to spare per week.
  • If there is enough interest, we will eventually run a team racing league. In GT5, we ran a Super GT season with a pair of drivers per team with a F1 points system (and formal qualifying etc), and it was a great success.

Please let me know if you're interested below and once we have at least 8 drivers, I can start setting up the league and share track, car class details.

Thanks for reading!
Is this the old LZ Racing group?

Hi all,

I used to be a part of the following group

and am now trying to revive a similar league 10 years later! It was some of the best fun I've had gaming online, and GT7 has brought me back into the fold.

For those who don't want to go through 17 pages of the old thread, here are the basics:

• Mature, friendly drivers who love good, clean racing and are as concerned about racing etiquette as they are winning (if not more).
  • We politely ask drivers who dominate to find tougher competition.
  • Mostly CST time zone (but drivers from any time zone are welcome)
  • Weekly League Races with a formal points system
  • Tentatively scheduled for Mondays at 8:30 CST for the league races, but mostly of us are on throughout the week hanging out in the lobby doing practice laps, races for fun, sharing tunes, tips etc.
  • Focus on using as much of our garage as possible on a variety of tracks rather than only the quickest, most popular cars.
  • Most of us use voice chat. Not required, but strongly encouraged as it adds to the fun of it all and lets us get to know each other.
  • Time commitment for league races will be kept short and to suit adult schedules so that people can jump in and participate in the league even if they have just 1 hour to spare per week.
  • If there is enough interest, we will eventually run a team racing league. In GT5, we ran a Super GT season with a pair of drivers per team with a F1 points system (and formal qualifying etc), and it was a great success.

Please let me know if you're interested below and once we have at least 8 drivers, I can start setting up the league and share track, car class details.

Thanks for reading!
hello id like to participate, i sent u a friend request my psn is Valex997

Thank you all for a fantastic 1st night of league racing. A close finish, drama on turn 1, spins and thrills - it had a bit of everything!

Looking forward to week 2!

Raceday 2 - Monday, April 4th Details

Race 1 60s Challenge

• Blue Moon Bay Speedway Infield A (8 laps) -Dry/Dusk
  • 350hp limit
  • 600pp limit
  • 1960-69 (inclusive) made cars only
  • Sport Soft Tires
  • All penalties will be set to weak/ON.
  • BOP OFF. Tuning Allowed.
  • Road cars only. No Gr/VGT/Professionally Tuned Cars.

Race 2 4WD Frenzy

• Red Bull Ring Full Course (7 laps) - Dry/Afternoon
  • 400hp limit
  • 700pp limit
  • 4WD cars only
  • Racing Hard tires
  • BOP OFF. Tuning Allowed.
  • Road cars only. No Gr/VGT/Professionally Tuned Cars.

Hi, I raced with the LZ racing group back in the day it was lots of fun, I would like to join a few races if I can find the time.

PSN Gfacter

I am interested.
Psn: dj_lutiano1
0E7F452B-7B67-438C-AB4E-7D1959301693.jpeg

This sounds amazing for me! I made my account here when i was a LOT younger... Now as a dad with a baby daughter still playing GT I've been looking for something to get involved in during free time!

I'll be sure to add you on PSN, my username is "Silverwater666" 😊

This sounds amazing for me! I made my account here when i was a LOT younger... Now as a dad with a baby daughter still playing GT I've been looking for something to get involved in during free time!

I'll be sure to add you on PSN, my username is "Silverwater666" 😊
I’ve accepted.

Raceday 3 - Monday, April 11th Details

Race 1 Be Swift
  • Kyoto Driving Park - Miyabi (12 laps) -Dry/Morning
  • Stock Suzuki Swift '17
  • Only wheel rim edits and livery edits allowed.
  • Comfort Soft Tires (Stock)
  • BOP. Tuning Not Allowed.
  • No wide body kits allowed.

Race 2 Gr 4 Life
  • Brands Hatch Grand Prix Course (7 laps) - Dry/Evening
  • Stock Gr4 Cars only
  • Mazda Atenza Gr4 is BANNED in this race.
  • Racing Hard tires
  • BOP. Tuning Not Allowed.
  • No VGT/Prototype/Hybrid Cars.

NO NITROUS ALLOWED IN EITHER RACE.

Something has come up for one of our members so we have one opening for tonight’s races starting at 2045cdt. There will be two races. Details are in post #53 above. Add scuudz on PSN if you’re interested in filling in.

Hello. 46yr old dad and grandpa would like to know more about this group. I'm amateur at best abd just recently started racing with the wheel always looking for very clean racing with mature folks that know the difference between competitive talk and bragging.

Thank you in advance.

Hello. 46yr old dad and grandpa would like to know more about this group. I'm amateur at best abd just recently started racing with the wheel always looking for very clean racing with mature folks that know the difference between competitive talk and bragging.

Thank you in advance.

Hi Spit, please add scuudz on PSN. You’ll fit right in. We range from about mid-20s to mid-50s in age, wide variety of skill levels and drivers using wheels and controllers. I’ll send you a PM as well.

Back