League of Mature Rookie Racers -CST

• Thread starter akira2501
  • 502 comments
akira-2501
Lay-z-Boy Racer Cup
Social Lounge:
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/group.php?groupid=272

Next Race: Thursday the 10th @ 8PM CST

We now have a few race slots available! Contact Akira-2501 for entry.

About Us
Looking for mature, friendly, drivers who are looking for some fun competition. I'd politely ask those who dominate to find tougher competition.*
Race rules are still evolving. Feedback is welcome!

About the league creator:*I'm a 35 year old car enthusiast. Not a hard-core gamer. I'm a bronze / silver racer in the license tests, and have completed all standard races with golds except Formula GT without resorting to massive HP or messy racing.*

I have a business-class T1 which should ensure a solid race experience.

CLASS ALPHA: Extreme Tuner Championship
(NO RACE CARS Permitted Zonda R is not banned YET)
Track: Daytona Road Course (4 Laps)
Max HP: NO RESTRICTION
Min Weight: NO RESTRICTION
Tires: Racing-Soft*

CLASS BETA : LPR (low-power Race Car)
(any Race-Modified car can compete as well as some GT5 race cars and tuner cars)
Track: Daytona Road Course (4 Laps)
Max HP 315
Min Weight: 950kg
Tires: Racing-Hard

CLASS CHARLIE: UltraLite
Race cars are permitted
Track: Rome (4 laps)
MAX HP: 197
MIN Weight: 620Kg
Tires: Racing-Hard

In addition to these 3 Classes, every Monday there will be a 4th ONE MAKE Race, Team members will be notified 6 days in advance of one-make races and I will check the forum for car suggestions.

CLASS DELTA: This Week's One Make: Ferrari
Track: Rome (4 laps)
MAX HP: 600
MIN Weight: 1276
Tires: Raceing Hard
Race any Ferrari that makes the weight / HP. There should be enough flexibility in the numbers for modified cars to compete.

Last edited:
I'm in the US Central Time zone, (CST), but as a contractor my hours are all over the place so I race day and night depending on the day. I could schedule at least three races a week: 1 day, 1 night and 1 evening race. I'd also suggest a "major race" on a weekend or whenever we could pull off the biggest turnout.

Ideally, I'd like to see other league members host too for more frequent races.

LOVE the tune WIKI btw!

I too am in the CST, and would love to get in some decent online racing, especially in a league. However, my schedule varies more than Oklahoma weather, and since I have a daughter, I keep most of my playtime late at night while everyone's asleep. A set schedule would help out, or at least a set day/night.

Feel free to add me and keep me posted.
PSN- McClarenDesign

Mature Noob, eh? I think that is me. I am very interested as well. Located in pacific time zone and have time in the evenings and weekends here and there. So like, Tue-Fri 6pm to midnight'ish and weekends whenever are generally when I would be available.

As far as the game goes, I am new to sim racing but played some racing games years back. I first played through most of GT5 a-spec like an arcade game before starting to understand what it was really about. So I've started over racing competitive cars and clean racing to really learn what I'm doing.

I am good sometimes but not consistent at all. For example, I've yet to get around the ring without going off :scared:

Sounds great, I'm in central time as well and trying to get in to online racing.

I'm working on getting on the GTP registry so the account I'm usually on is GTP_Singe, but I think it is probably WAY out of my league and may bail on the idea. I don't think I'll be dominating anyone soon.

I think I qualify, I am pretty much a bronze/silver type driver. I am also PST and can usually race after 6ish most nights and some weekends when life doesn't intrude.

Cool! I'm online now "Akira-2501" if you guys what some informal racing. I don't have voice chat myself yet but will have it soon.

Looking forward to some good races.

I'll try to schedule some "official" races soon with prizes if we can get enough players.

Hey Stan, so is there a way for me to invite you to the race?

I cant get on chat - says I'm missing a plug-in but doesn't tell me what plugin!

erm, you should note the number in the tope left of the screen and send it to me through psn.... or here... but u should deffo try find the plugin because gtplanet chatroom is where all the organising goes down... anyway

number goes like this

4444-76474-366636-3636 random random random 4 figures in each section i think

hey there akira2501.......am also in central time zone. Been looking for average guys to race with myself. WestTexas here......Odessa. I'm entered in the SCANA race this weekend but not sure I'll even be able to keep up with those guys. Dude lets do this. I'm in and will help you out any way I can with kicking around some ideas. Please let me know how you want to keep track of members or what not so I can join you.
Thanks........sped1966
PSN - spedd1966

I wouldn't mind giving this a try. When are you guys meeting up next? I have two youngins so after 9est is best for me.

EDIT: Mobile phone substituted lounging for youngins....*rolls eyes*

Last edited:
some good racing last night, at first i thought i was doing really bad in the stock supra, until i noticed the bhp limit lol. had to leave in the end as the missus walked in and shouted at me cos it was 2 in the morning here...

this is me: (under the thumb)
👎
:grumpy:

Questions & Responses

Anyone can host run at any time by entering the race number here, but I'd love to turn this into a league with scheduled races. We'll just need to come up with some schedules and ground rules that work for everyone. Its got to be the kind of event where:
a. You guys can run if I'm not there and
b. Missing a race or two doesn't automatically disqualify a participant from the overall standings.

Setting up a race Overall Rules:
Tire Restriction on Production: Sports Soft
Tire Restriction on Race Car: None
No Restriction On Driving Aids use whatever you're best with.

Track Selection:
Any track works but I'd like to keep each run short. With rookie drivers we have a better chance of good clean race if its a short race.

Breaks:
What do you think 5min or 10 min breaks in-between race?

Rules
I hate rules, but I noticed yesterday that because of the huge variety of cars in GT5 we'll have to have some narrow entry requirements per race if we want to keep it competitive.

What do you guys think? How do we keep it competitive without limiting cars and tunes that people like to drive?

Wipeouts
Its often times difficult to determine who causes a crash. I know I caused one yesterday and the guy who crashed quit. It wasn't intentional on my part, but perhaps we need a rule about BIG crashes, ones that take people out of the race. Both involved parties stop perhaps? Its going to happen in rookie races.

I'd like to hear your thoughts.

Communication
I don't have a keyboard or a voice com on GT5 but I'm getting one today.
My god does it suck to chat via the PS3 on-screen KB! For those that have neither a keyboard or voice com on the PS3 I suggest we use the GTP chat and forum to communicate.

Until we get that settled, how about we each just enter a “X” when ready into chat so that I know when everyone's ready to start the race.

I'll also host another race this afternoon, about 2 hours from now.
If anyone else here wants to host a run, and a league meet-and-greet please do!

Last edited:
I was not able to join last night because on my network I am "Nat Type 3" which means I cannot join a race by number. I should be able to straighten that out this weekend.

The rules as posted sound good. I suppose that I'd prefer no Skid Recovery Force, but other aids ok. In my opinion SRF is an unnatural advantage and an arcade'ish option. But honestly I don't care that much one way or the other.

As far as the car restrictions, would it be better to simply have everyone use the same make/model? Personally I have a hard time picking a suitable competitive car given HP/weight restrictions. For example the seasonal time trials. But again, I don't feel very strongly about it after all, picking a car is part of the fun.

Last night I picked an online race at random, but it didn't go to well for multiple reasons, so I hope to you you folks soon!

I'll try to partake in these events / league... school leaves me little time with GT5 lately... if there is a set schedule, I may be able to allot that time for GT5.

I'm in GMT-3:30, (Newfoundland (Canada) Time Zone, 1.5 hours ahead of eastern time zone).

PSN ID: "TooFast_4U2Day" ~ Anyone taking part in this event feel free to add my PSN

edit:: possible ideas... just throwing this out there, makes no difference to me, I"ll still participate..
I would like to see all aids off except TCS & ABS...definitely remove SRF
I think the Event organiser should choose both, track & car(s).. maybe have a list of 4 or 5 cars to select from for that track/week ... could take suggestions / votes from the participants for the next weeks event.

Last edited:
I honestly don't know to much about the driving aids, especially the skid recovery force.
I felt that allowing everyone to set the options they're comfortable with would help promote clean racing from new players who may not be especially talented gamers and may be using the d-Pad rather than a wheel. Perhaps we could do preliminary races with no restrictions on aids, and championships (for the top 6 or so) with SRF off?

I really don't know though, I haven't played around with these much. I'm open to suggestions.

As for car selection, you may be on to something, and as a “collector” I'd have no problems with this.
However, I'm a bit concerned about setting the rules too tight. I see a lot of on line races where the host sets the rules and entry requirements that favor specific cars, tracks or driving preferences. Something I'd like to avoid.

I'll take a look at the car DB and try to come up with some classes that are wide enough to accommodate everyones favorite car while not giving a single driver too much advantage.

Last edited:
I honestly don't know to much about the driving aids, especially the skid recovery force.
I felt that allowing everyone to set the options they're comfortable with would help promote clean racing from new players who may not be especially talented gamers and may be using the d-Pad rather than a wheel. Perhaps we could do preliminary races with no restrictions on aids, and championships (for the top 6 or so) with SRF off?

I really don't know though, I haven't played around with these much. I'm open to suggestions.

As for car selection, you may be on to something, and as a “collector” I'd have no problems with this.
However, I'm a bit concerned about setting the rules too tight. I see a lot of on line races where the host sets the rules and entry requirements that favor specific cars, tracks or driving preferences. Something I'd like to avoid.

I'll take a look at the car DB and try to come up with some classes that are wide enough to accommodate everyones favorite car while not giving a single driver too much advantage.

This is why I would suggest having to choose from a few (4/5 max) different cars for each event. It will eliminate people from using "the best car" for 'whatever' track (I know there is no "best car", but some do have big advantages over others)

I understand where you're coming from about driving aids, that would help the new(er) players "keep it clean" as possible. Driving aids could be left to driver preference.

edit::
<<< DS3 SixaxiS racer... & no chat at the moment, it broke & I'm broke lol

Last edited:
Ok, here's what I've come up with.
I'm trying to leave car selection as open as possible while using the limited HP / Weight conditions on the race to filter the entries. The numbers should be close to correct, but may need some tweeking as we go.

I've tried to keep the automotive world's natural competitors together as much as possible, and tried to keep race cars or race moded cars out of all classes (other than a race car race which we can add).

Most cars can move from one class to another with tuning, but not all.

So far, here's what I've got for classes; feedback is welcome:

Class D:
MAX HP 276
MIN Weight 1180Kg

Example Cars: (entry not restricted to just these models)
Mitsubishi Lancer Evo IV '96 265HP / 1350kg
Mazda RX-7 '02 276HP / 1270kg
Subaru Impreza Sedan WRX 276/1390kg
Ford Focus GT '06 221HP / 1430kg
Lancia Delta HF '91 207/1350kg
Nissan Silvia Spec-R '02 246 / 1240kg
Nissan Z 300ZX '89 276 / 1510kg
Toyota Supra 3.0GT '88 266/ 1530kg
Lotus Evora '09 268HP / 1330kg
Honda NSX Type R '02 276HP / 1270kg
Honda S2000 238HP / 1250kg
Honda Integra Type-R 216HP / 1180kg
Audi TTS '09 263HP / 1415Kg
BMW Z4 227HP / 1365kg
Alpha Romeo Brera Sky Window 256/ 1750kg
Volvo C30 226 / 1430
VW Golf V GTI 197 / 1336kg

Notes:
I think the Evora and NSX may dominate this class, but I can see a good way to filter them out by weight or HP. Only actually racing them will tell for sure.

Class C:
MAX HP 326HP
MIN Weight 1470Kg

Ford Mustang 299 / 1630
Nissan Fairlady Z (Z34) 331 / 1530
Nissan Skyline GT-R (R33) '97 276 / 1540
Nissan Skyline GT-R (R34) '02 326/ 1560
Subaru Impreza Sedan WRX '10 303 / 1480
Subaru Impreza WRX '07 303 / 1470
Jaguar XK Coupe '07 299HP / 1690
Infinity G35 297HP / 1598kg

Class B:
MAX HP: 453HP
Min Weight : 1414Kg

BMW M3 Coupe '07 414 / 1655
Alpha Romeo 8C Competizione '08 443 /1585
Aston Martin DB9 449 / 1710
Chevy Camaro SS 429 / 1755
Chevy Corvette Z06 405 / 1414
Dodge Challenger SRT8 425 / 1878
Maserati GT S 433 / 1780
Mercedes Benz C63 AMG 450 / 1730
Lexus IS F 417 / 1690
Jaguar XKR 502 / 1810
Ferrari 512BB '76 355 / 1440
Ferrari California 453 / 1467
Audi R8 4.2 FSI R Tronic 414 / 1560

Class A:
MAX HP: 617
MIN Weight: 1350

BMW M5 499 / 1855
Nissan Skyline GT-R SpecV 478 / 1680
Audi R8 5.2 FSI 517 / 1620
Ferrari 430 Scuderia 502 / 1350
Mclaren MP-4 591 / 1350
Mercedes SLR Mclaren 617 / 1768
Lamborghini Gallardo LP 560 562 / 1410
Dodge Viper 509 / 1565
Ford GT 533 / 1451

So what do you guys think?

Last edited:
Wow akira you have put alot of effort into the class organizing. I will to have buy one of each class so I can join you guys. I am an average racer as well. You mentioned a room number earlier in this thread, will it always be the room number?

Thanks clip

Psn : clipless72

Back