Le Mans 24H B-spec endurance strange result

• Thread starter Rotorist
  • 14 comments
Greece
Patra
Rotorist
Hi to all! I don't know how many of you have come across the situation I am going to describe immediately:

I begun the 24H endurance in Le Mans in B-spec mode and my 3 bobs were given a Bentley Speed 8 to race (and win of course). After the 1st hour's race in which I adjusted the settings about when a pit-stop is needed, I left them alone and when after 8-9 hours I watched again to see what happened. It was full raining and my bobs were 3rd. I pushed them and gained the first position again.

I left them again and after another 5 hours they were still in front and 2-3 minutes ahead of the 2nd R8 '01 and the 3rd Pescarolo Hybride while still raining.

But after 4 hours I watched again to find that while the road was drying my bobs were exchausted (physically and mind) and fell to 3 place, 1 lap behind R8. I started to push as much as I could, but they were only 2 hours remaining having 3 tired bobs.

And here comes the miracle. In the last lap, I was 1.5 minute behind R8. I reduced the difference by about 1-2 secs per sector. So, all was lost. But, when I crossed the fininsh line and waited to see the result, I saw my bobs in the 1st place and gained the full price. An to exclude this option, R8 had refueled 3-4 laps before the last lap and had a fresh and healthy bob driving.

Is there any explanation for this? Has anyone again watched this happening in GT5? I would like to hear a believable explanation.

Last edited:
It is possible that when you werent watching, the game had not recognised a lap being conpleted, showing that you were behind, when you were actually first.

Also possible that for whatever reason, the game lagged and discounted the R8.

Either way, its wierd

Thank you for the ideas. The first is not possible as I was watching closely, section by section. The second one is possible, but R8 showed up as the 2nd in the result and in the same lap as it indeed was. So?

In a timed endurance race, when the initial time is completed the person who crosses the line first will be recognized as 1st place until someone who has completed more laps crosses the line.

In the 24H of Le Mans, the same thing could've happened with a Dodge Viper racecar being shown as first place until, say, a Toyota Gt-One finishes and the viper is pushed to second, then you finish and push the Toyota to 2nd, etc.

In a timed endurance race, when the initial time is completed the person who crosses the line first will be recognized as 1st place until someone who has completed more laps crosses the line.

Its as explained by Giygas above^^^^^

I've seen this quite a number of times during the 4 hour Nurburgring race, since its also a timed race.

During timed races, the first person to cross the Finish Line after the race time is reached will take first place as long as they have an equal number of completed laps (or more) as any other car that has already crossed the S/F line before the race time was reached.

R8 showed up as the 2nd in the result and in the same lap as it indeed was.

The Audi R8 will re-claim first place if he can get back around and finish the next lap within the 30 second count-down time after you cross the finish line because at that point he would have completed one more lap than you, but if he doesn't make it around within the 30 seconds then he will stay in 2nd place. Them's the breaks!

Nice work!
GTsail

In the 24H of Le Mans, the same thing could've happened with a Dodge Viper racecar being shown as first place until, say, a Toyota Gt-One finishes and the viper is pushed to second, then you finish and push the Toyota to 2nd, etc.

Only the AI wont get the time to finish their last lap after 24h if the player does earlier (but behind)... This bug is so poor, you have to wonder what they were thinking.

I had my guys use the RedBull x2010 and finished 150 laps up. I don't care about competitiveness when running B-Spec. It's for XP and trophies only for me.

Yes sgreer but its a timed race. the only gain you will get is how quickly you can get to the line after the 24 hour mark is reached

Other guys.

Thanks for the info 👍

@ ElementRacer: I watched R8 during the last lap and it was 1st a minute or so before the finish line.

@sonic378: I know. Pit strategy almost destroyed my race my friend.

@sgreer78: Very easy with a Red Bull. I like to have a chance to act to save the situation if my bobs fail to deliver.

Giygas may be right but I watched many hours during the race and the last 2 or more hours closely. I was 1 lap behind and when entering the last lap I was about 1,5min behind R8. Who knows? Thank you all for the effort to explain the unexplained. I guess a PD technician must be the only who really knows if this is a glitch which exists to help the player in cases we are so close to the first at the end.

OK. So, it isn't exactly a glitch. I was in front al the time but when approaching the end of the race, the game put the 3 cars that were in the same lap in diverse order. And here is a nice explaining post from another GT5 racer

At least, now I know I took a fair win.

It's actually not that. Well it is, but the other way around. in his case, he was leading the race but when the time had gone out, other cars on the same lap crossed the finish line first, which temporarily sent him down until he reached the finish line himself.

In your case it was the opposite, you were behind the leader but on the same lap. After the time had gone out you crossed the finish line first, which put you in 1st position. You would have remained 1st until the leader crossed the line on his last lap. The race stopped before he had time to reach the finish line though, so you were registered as the winner, although strictly speaking you weren't.

When You do A Spec races , the LMP Cars are at the front .

image.jpg

In B-Spec , the faster LMPs are at the back . The R10 ( Slower ) is at the front . Kinda .

image.jpg

Why is this ? ? ( not my photos )

Back