Le Mans Car Paint Jobs

Messages
1,198
today i was watching The Le Mans event(American Le Mans series) and i saw a car with a super ugly paint job. no offense but on a le mans car. it had a Blue Flames Job on it. it was car no.13. sorry to rag on it but man...its ugly!
 
Hmm.. I don't know what you're talking about. Supply a picture?
 
Umm was it the ALMS race at limerock park? 'Cause I thought I saw a blue P2 car with blue flames. Was it a P1, P2, GTS or GT class car?
 
What does any of this have to do with the Cars in General forum?
 
Hell, I think it looks better than some wannabe stock (no really STOCK) car. Anyhow, I seen that race earlier today. I didn't think the ALMS would pull it off saying that the track is pretty small for 30+ teams... by the way, a shout out to Risi Competizione for winning in GT. Why them? Ferrari of Houston, baby! Winning one for Texas. Good job, boys and girls! You know, lethal, I made a thread in "Drifting and Other Motorsports on paintschemes. So look for "Best Ever Paintschemes." I can't view Page 2 on my computer because there's too many pictures, and my PC will automatically restart.

Anyhow, I don't think that one was tacky. The one that was sort of tacky was that Pilbeam or Lola that had a checkered (or some spell as "chequred") scheme like the Le Mans Domes. This one was better because the balance was right, white and blue. Blue is one of my favorite colors, and it's a spectacular one for the Nissan Silvia S15.

Well, my thoughts on that car were expressed. By the way, best Le Mans paint jobs of modern times:

Bentley EXP GT (2002 and 2003)
Audi R8 Team Veloqx (2004)
 
lethalAE86typeR
today i was watching The Le Mans event(American Le Mans series) and i saw a car with a super ugly paint job. no offense but on a le mans car. it had a Blue Flames Job on it. it was car no.13. sorry to rag on it but man...its ugly!
Incoherent ramblings. Car with ugly paint job. No pics. Useless.
 
ND4SPD
Umm was it the ALMS race at limerock park? 'Cause I thought I saw a blue P2 car with blue flames. Was it a P1, P2, GTS or GT class car?
Oh yeah with the blue rims right?
 
Yes I believe that was the car, I didn't see it a lot during the race but I noticed it pass by as a big bluish blur most of the time. It wasn't that bad of a paint job, It was more of a unique looking paint job rather than ugly.
 
Whether or not there are pictures to supply, it's NOT useless. Are we some kind of "show-and-tell" society here on GTP? Anyhow, you may want to check the ALMS website (http://www.americanlemans.com), or click on the link in my signature to go there.

Just copy the link for that car you were discussing, and we'll be sure to click on it and take a look. Now if you'll excuse me, I'll be watching either some Spanish show, or the California/Stanford game of 1982 (one of the most memorable in college football). So, see you later!
 
ND4SPD
Yes I believe that was the car, I didn't see it a lot during the race but I noticed it pass by as a big bluish blur most of the time. It wasn't that bad of a paint job, It was more of a unique
Yeah I saw it in the pits and then it was off the jack and speeding away I think.
 
Back