Le mans track , photographed for GT 4

  • Thread starter Thread starter Nizar1980
  • 57 comments
  • 2,503 views
Messages
126
I found this in a French forum . Here's My translation to English ( not Babel fish ).

I first wanted to buy me the new PSM2 (special summer) because of the 8 pages news on San Andreas, but I didn't find this mag , then I decided to buy Jeuvideo magazine (a very good mag! ) , where I found some news on GT4.
I quote: " Like each year since 1998, Kazunori Yamauchi and his staff went to Le Mans in order to attend the most famous endurance race of the road racing set. But this time, a few days before the 47 mad ones come to burn it, The Polyphony DIGITAL staff , with extreme care , started modeling sarthois asphalt , circuit, sponsors, environment ;nothing have escaped from the catching eyes of the developers. Will there be finally a chance to race Le Mans WP? All the hopes there will, since 110 cars from the departure of the 24 H are being modeled right now on the grid of this fourth installment. " 👍 👍 👍


Amazing staff , isn't it ?
The Jeux Video mag is excellent and highly reliable.
The forum link is :
http://www.jeuxvideo.com/forums/1-7...8-1-0-1-0-0.htm
 
I really hope it's in but I can't get the vid. Something is wrong with that link.
 
I used to love that website, but they keep changing it around. Moving stuff all over the place, closing stuff down; I no longer like to go there.

There is an error message when clicking on the link. I bet they moved the video to someplace else...
 
Isn't this old news? I'm sure I've heard of PD testing at that Le Mans track before... They could've been rumors, but just as easily as the article you mentioned could be one..
 
No , this is no rumour but reliable facts. The article talks about this year's Le mans competition and so it's not old news. By the way , there's no video , the link is just to the forum where I got the paragraph.
 
I pretty much assumed it would be in, but great news then, now we can try and fill up some empty spots on the track list.
 
If the Nurb can be rendered in gt4, why not the Le mans track? Some have said there would be more track side detail and that's understandable but hey, you never know. I would love to race on that track online.
 
Could we have the link to the forum post?
 
I would like to see LeMans (The ultimate endurance race track) in GT4. Then you could take those new Prototypes, and the GT cars (R390, GT-ONE) and finally race them on one of the tracks alot of them dominated.

EDIT: If this track makes it, it definately needs to be an endurance. (Maybe not 24 hours, but maybe 12 hours. Like 30 minutes for every hour)
 
I hope this track really is in, I would love to race the LM cars on Le mans.
 
I do remember reading somewhere that somebody found a Le Mans file on the Prologue PAL disc but I fogged the idea off.
 
Man the tracks just keep getting better and better. I don't know how much more of this i can take...and we're still waiting for a full car list which i'm lookin forward to.
 
Anyone up for an online 24h of Le Mans? :D
 
McLaren F1GTR
If this track makes it, it definately needs to be an endurance. (Maybe not 24 hours, but maybe 12 hours. Like 30 minutes for every hour)
Apart of the mytical name of the track, did you ever try it out (in another racegame)? It is well done in Grand Prix Legends, but you'd see the track layout is quite boring, even in GPL were you have to work harder then in GT to keep the cars on the road. You don't want to drive 12Hrs on it, I bet. Certainly not with only 6 cars, you'll find yourself driving alone most of the time. And once behind, there's even no hope of coming back into the race due to a failure on the leader cars, as failures or even significant time loss due to getting of the road are impossible in GT.

Still want an endurance? :)

However, I agree that the LM track being in GT4 would be fabulous.
 
Ev0
Anyone up for an online 24h of Le Mans? :D
well I am! 👍

I hope this to be true, Le Mans on GT4 would be great.
 
Isle of Man is a motor cycle track if I'm not mistaken. And Targa Florio would be nice but not all the needed in my opinion :P

I'm hoping for le mans. That and the Nurb will be the main tracks I race on in gt4 :)
 
Yeah, but what is to stop some of the smaller cars racing on it.
I believe if tehy do have a 24hour race yoyu should be able to save the game when you enter the pits and continue the game from there.
 
Definately.......I hate long races! Saving the game and resuming should be standard for all endurance races.............
 
What if we could save our game in a Endo race, wouldn't it be cool to have to go into the pits and save it? You could only save the game if you went into the pits. I think that would be a great idea for saving the game in a Endo race.
 
Actually it would be pretty realistic to stop and pit in races this long in real life to change drivers anyway...........there are like 3 drivers for each car so I don't see why we have to be the sole driver for however many hours!.......unless you trade places with ure mate!
 
cobragt
Isle of Man is a motor cycle track if I'm not mistaken.

It maybe raced on by motorbikes but when you drive it in Grand Prix Legends you know how awesome it is, it completely wipes the floor with the Nordschleife :) the track is amazing if you have GPL go and download if you haven't already. The track would be an amazing addition to Gran Turismo's track portfolio, but at the end of the day I'm dreaming because they won't put it in. :indiff:
 
Isle of man rules!!!!!...........cos its narrow......and super dangerous :D 👍 .....should definately be in GT4........

p.s................where are any UK tracks in GT4!!!!!!!!!!!! arrrrggggg!! :scared: :grumpy: 👎 its not fair :(
 
If they have a British track it should be Donington and not silverstone. At 9 I could recite all teh turns of dongington and the braking points after playing it alot on Toca Touring Driver.
 
Well, I think it be pretty sweet if GT4 could host a 24 hour endurance race online, and all kinds of players would be racing (more than 6) like a BIG DAY event. Then maybe a cash prize, say $5,000?

PS:There was a $5,000 prize for an online turnament for PGR2.
 
Maybe on the same day as the real 24h. Hey i would do it if I was free.
 
xcsti
Maybe on the same day as the real 24h. Hey i would do it if I was free.
Now that would be awesome, yet bad.
Fun to race, but then I coudn't watch the real thing.
 
Back