Le mans track , photographed for GT 4

  • Thread starter Thread starter Nizar1980
  • 57 comments
  • 2,503 views
Spa would be nice. So would the ALMS Tracks. They should have an actual racing series with all of the ALMS tracks. That would be great. This is turning into a wishlist... :scared:
 
I would love to see Sebring.

But I would also love to to see the Texas Motor Speedway ALMS course, but of course that won't make it.
 
Our Morocco representative Nizar came up and talked about the chances of Le Mans making it into GT4. Well let me tell you something. It would really make my day to play Le Mans without having to pick up my "Le Mans 24 Hours" PS2 game, or "Test Drive Le Mans" (the PSOne, less stellar version). But here's my question. When it comes to Le Mans (and I made a thread in the past about it), will that mean we will get Bugatti, or the famed Circuit de la Sarthe's 24-hour classic course? Someone said that textures were more managable for Nurburgring Nords, so that's why Nurburgring was pretty easy. I think trying to model Le Mans is something more of a challenge. You have to get down the front stretch, the Dunlop bridge, Tetre Rouge, the little houses down the Hunadieres/Mulsanne, the chicanes and kinks, Indianapolis, Arnage, Porsche Curves, Maison Blanche, Ford Chicane, and all them. For a future consideration, adding more cars to the level would be very interesting. At least challenge LM24 from Inforgrames/Melbourne House. I have made a topic about more cars in this forum as well. Do a search.

As an off-topic question, Nizar... since you're from Morocco, you going to check out next year's Paris-Dakar rally?
 
If it has been photographed , Le mans is certainly gonna make it into gt4. Polyphony staff aren't stupid enought to waste all that time on nothing. Besides 4 months is enough time to recreate the almighty French endurance with similar detail to what we saw in Nurburgring.
BTW , I have 2 questions concerning cars , not worth creating a thread for anyway , so I'll post them here.
1- The Volkswagen Passat is in the confirmed car list ( red ones ). The creator of that thread claims they have been seen in actual game shots , so can any of you post a screenshot of that car ?

2- If KY said " all cars from previous gt installments will be back " , those cars should be in one of the list's categories ( red , green , or yellow ) , so how come we haven't even heard of Renault Laguna , Peugeot 306 rally car , Nissan silhouette , Golf 3........, and hundreds more ? Can you please explain ?
 
Point 1) Red cars are ones that have been seen testing and not in Screenshots.

Point 2) That could be a good point... maybe have a new colour for cars that were in old GT's that haven't been confirmed... I suggest you can do one of 2 things...

PM the359 with this suggestion... or even better... PM the359 with a list of all the cars in GT1, GT2 and GT3 and then take out the cars that have already been seen got GT4 and send it to him...

C.
 
I would say the Le Mans circuit is more likely to be in GT4 than any other previous GT game.

Infogrames had an exlusive licence for a few years but these games were not very good.

I believe Infogrames signed a deal with the ALMS/Le Mans to produce an official game at least two years. However nothing since has been heard since!

Perhaps Infogrames decided against a new ALMS/Le Mans game and so the license is available again.

With the highly visisble sponsorship at Le Mans form Sony/GT, it wouldn't be a suprise to see the track in GT4.

Also good to read that there will be 110 Le Mans based cars!
 
This is off Topic but I was looking at the images on that French website and this one caught my eye. Not because of the car, it has been seen before. But the two wheels in the air!

148520040429_232115_7_big.jpg


I'm not aware of any other shots like that, maybe some of you have seen wheels off the deck (other than in jumps in Grand Canyon etc), but that looks like a serious improvement on the physics engine to me!
 
Hmmm... You could do that all the time in all previous GT's... I suspect that the Renault 5 has clipped that kerb rather nastily!!

Doubt it would get anywhere over 45 degrees though?!

C.
 
yeti
Hmmm... You could do that all the time in all previous GT's... I suspect that the Renault 5 has clipped that kerb rather nastily!!

Doubt it would get anywhere over 45 degrees though?!

C.

First I've seen of it in a GT4 pic.
I'm wondering how it comes back down? Is it sucked back down with some strange PD physics, does it hang for a bit, or maybe you can turn in on it and drive on two wheels like GTA VC :lol:

I think they already said you can't put a car on its roof, cause you'd have to run out real fast before it explodes...sorry its the new screen shots of GTA SA, they've got me all :crazy:
 
Basically in the past it goes upto 45 degrees and stays at 45 for the time that it would go up and come down... Of course this is a bit of a strange equation due to the fact that in a lot of circumstances it wouldn't have come back down!!

The other thing is that you can countersteer to bring the weight back round and drop it back down!!

C.
 
Tacet_Blue
but that looks like a serious improvement on the physics engine to me!
Hmmm ... I remember Trial Mountains last turn, where I was seldom with 4 wheels on the ground, but it never seemed realistic to me.
Hope they've improved it as you say.
 
Perhaps this is another thing PD is hiding from us? The cars actually being able to roll over? PD could have tricked us, they have done it before........plus there is another screenshot showing a car's entire exhuast pipe system.......we can only hope.
 
I read an interview where he said that he wasn't going toput rollover in because they didn't have the power to make it physically realistic.
 
xcsti
I read an interview where he said that he wasn't going toput rollover in because they didn't have the power to make it physically realistic.
I know, but perhaps he was tricking the public and then blowing their minds when the cars can actually flip in the final game! Just a thought, probably won't happen though. But it looks like it will be easier to get the car on two wheels, which will make it more realistic.
 
Buggy Boy
Hmmm ... I remember Trial Mountains last turn, where I was seldom with 4 wheels on the ground, but it never seemed realistic to me.
Hope they've improved it as you say.

I know the corner you mean just before the start/finish, it was crazy! You could win a race there, cause the AI would never try it at the speed we did!

At first I thought the renault was up on two wheels just from hard cornering, but as Yeti says it is more likely a bad kerb clip...oh well.
 
Tacet_Blue
I know the corner you mean just before the start/finish, it was crazy! You could win a race there, cause the AI would never try it at the speed we did!

At first I thought the renault was up on two wheels just from hard cornering, but as Yeti says it is more likely a bad kerb clip...oh well.
A curb clip on two wheels is still a whole ton better than GT3. In GT3, your car would just slide all the way over to the other side of the track like a pinball.
 
I wonder how far you can get the car up on 2 wheels! almost vertical would be cool.
 
I've read that Kazunori had to agree on making flipping over impossible or the manufacturers wouldn't have allowed him to put in the SUVs and pickups which already have a bad reputation for that.
 
I highly doubt the cars in the game will be able to flip. Without damage? I dont see it happening.
 
Satorian if that was true I would've told them to f off as who really wants to race a SUV (aka Yank Tank) in a racing game anyway with shock horror corners which I'm sure SUV's (in the US anyway) can't take, unlike the Range Rover, Cayenne, VW Touareg etc which also work well off-road !! Keep em on the school run and killing the earth, yeah that's the american way !! :lol:
 
I'm pretty sure that cars not being able to flip onto their roofs has already been confirmed.

btw I didn't mean to hijack this thread about the possible inclusion of the Le Mans track in GT4 :)
It seems that if PD were measuring the track then it is highly likely 👍 Also with the confirmation of the Nurburgring it shows a trend towards longer tracks. I believe the Le Mans track is 13.6Km per lap.

Mentioned above is the infamous Isle of Man TT track at 38miles per lap...awsome.

"This is the world's greatest and oldest roadrace, which has taken place every year since 1907"

It is a lethal course that still claims at least one life per year :crazy: In 1993 there were 10 fatalities :scared: in 89 accidents! The lamposts and stone walls are not crash friendly. I would love to see that one in, but that is dreaming for sure...it is still quite obscure outside UK

But please back to Le Mans :)
 
JohnBM01
As an off-topic question, Nizar... since you're from Morocco, you going to check out next year's Paris-Dakar rally?

That Rally goes through cities far away to the South of where I live. I live in the top North of Morocco , approximately 1700 km far from the starting city ( Errachidia ) . Besides , my 2 jobs duties won't let me take a couple of days vacation to go South and watch the famous Rally.
Anyway , I know a friend of mine who went there and watched last year's Rally , and he told me it was a bad idea to camp out near the starting grids because of the extremely hot winds and desert snakes bites !! poor guy. :scared:

Yeti
Point 1) Red cars are ones that have been seen testing and not in Screenshots.
The VW Passat is in the black ones , thus confirmed , so where is the screenshot ?
 
Woo, look, it's a wishlist thread!

I wonder just how accurate all their photographing was, or if it was even for GT4.

Isle of Mann? 13 miles was a struggle, 38 wouldn't happen.
 
The nurburgring in gt4 is 1.5 MM off from the real thing. Imagine that accuratcy used for the Le mans track :eek:
 
I still say it is highly likely it will be in. Usually, when PD photographs the tracks, it can mean it will be in. Why waste time photographing such a large track, and then not even use the pics.
 
^ but remember that PD is also extensively cataloguing things for future GTs... so it may not mean GT4, but perhaps GT5/6 or whatever down the road. But them photographing it means chances of ever being include in one of their games is way higher than if they haven't done it.
 
If they could get the Nurb in, I believe they can get the Le mans track in.
 
That's what I was alluding too phantasm, when I said that it may not be for GT4.
 
Back