Le Mans - What car?

• Thread starter Pudlian
  • 55 comments
Started this race the other day. Running the jag tuned to 650hp. 7.5hrs in, 2 laps ahead, rain the whole time, running intermediates. 13 lap stints. Low 4min laps, besides pit out which are in the 5:20 range. The headlight glare off the spray is awesome, but definitely makes passing much trickier and you can definitely become disoriented easily. I would definitely use a car with light toggle for passing purposes, to reduce glare. I do hope the rain stays though as it makes stints much longer, which helps the time go by quicker.

yeaa thought it was a bug (100% rain that long)..anyway im currently in 5 hours 5 minutes and it has been 100% wet from the start and its very dark now on the track.finally some interesting happening :) tbh the headlights of the speed 8 arent very good,so i can't see the last porsche corner at all:D you just gotta drive it with a feel :)

allright the track is drying at 68% now,so on what wet-level i should start using dry tire compounds?

I've started with the GT-1 and after 40 minutes I have a 7seconds lead. It's dry and I pit every 4 laps. The second pits every 5. Lap times are about 3:30 and so far I have no major problems(except 2 spins) with the GT-One

Now after 2 hours I have noticed the first annoying bug. I was batteling with a Speed8 who could drive stints a bit longer than mine. I went into the pits and saved the game and when I returned the driver was driving into the pits and therefore ruining his strategy. Now I have an 1:30 lead instead of a 45second one and I am not too happy about it. I mean when I choose a car that's equal with the others I expect an exciting race which isn't influenced with some bugs. Polyphony probably should have left the 24h races out if they just mean 24hours of boring lap grinding :P

In trouble, rain stopped and the track dried out in the 10th hour. Now 16 hours in and in third, about to be a lap down. The 650hp just can't keep up on all the straights, maxing out about 210mph. Mean while the AI cruises by me at 230+mph. I need rain in the worst way possible to get back in it.

Apologies for bumping this thread folks,

Gonna attempt the LM24 for the first time, just in time for the real one!

Thinking about using the GT by Citroen race car. Gonna do some testing. Few simple questions:

1) am I wasting my time with this car? Has anyone else tried it?

2) what laptimes should I be hitting to be competitive? Bearing in mind I don't want to be five laps up five hours in and the race already be in the bag - I want to be competitive but in with a chance of victory.

Any info would be greatly appreciated, thanks :)

Apologies for bumping this thread folks,

Gonna attempt the LM24 for the first time, just in time for the real one!

Thinking about using the GT by Citroen race car. Gonna do some testing. Few simple questions:

1) am I wasting my time with this car? Has anyone else tried it?

2) what laptimes should I be hitting to be competitive? Bearing in mind I don't want to be five laps up five hours in and the race already be in the bag - I want to be competitive but in with a chance of victory.

Any info would be greatly appreciated, thanks :)

Just dont, joining a race against ultra powered cars in a batmobile with awful handling, please do yourself a favor and dont try it, batman wont be happy if he finds his car in an eternal race

I am currently running this race. Eight and half hours, and now a lap ahead. Didn't notice the the Judd was in my race till about 3 hours in so I didn't want to restart. If you start, and that car is there be mindfull. Luckly the rain started at about six and half hours in and caught him. I think he short pitted and put on full rain tires.Track is now down to 95%, but still raining. Running 5 lap stints, only getting the bottom half a tank of fuel a turn. Using the Puegot 901 HDI and having a great time with it. Learned alot about the game after the first couple laps. Learned to feather preatty quick, or going to be a long tough road.

Also, running everything stock. The only thing I adjusted was the controller sensitivity to 2. Running the intermediate rain tires even in 100% wet. Found this tid bit of advice in another post and found it to work the best.

I'll be doing this race in the summertime with a RedBull X2010 5G. It's massive amounts of aero should give it the edge in the corners, but the LMPs will easily catch it on the straights, offering a fun fair race.

If you want a real challenge and a great close race try doing it in the premium Audi r10 TDI. Stock if you use a wheel, turbo upgrade if you use DS3.

Looking to do this...after all the patches - whats the best go? I want a sort of comfortable lead, not be 10 but a few laps wouldn't hurt....I ain't a great driver. I tried the 787B but I was 1st or 2nd vs the Bentley 8 speed. And I tend to pit at about 5 - 6 laps but the opponents keep going, 1 pit puts me down by 20 seconds. So I get back down to 7th etc.

Help?

For the love of god. Where did you clowns get the idea that softer tyres on the rear would ever work?! You put *harder* tyres on the rear, and then you can go 11-13 laps, basically until the fuel runs out.

When they do that in real life, these cars do 40+ laps on the same set of tyres, but this game is broken.

Le Mans isn't a sprint race. Drive carefully, not as if your life depended on it. That extra 0.1s rear softs gives you will come back to bite you in the arse when you have to pit every 5 laps.

Last edited:
I have attempted nothing else but the 24 H le Mans Endurance for many months. The conditions being a sports car, sports soft tyres, a low PP and absolutely no heavy crashes into barriers.
Usually the Veyron or the R8 5.2 Quattro.

I made it to lap 86 once.

Great fun!

Now I entered the 24 hour race in a R10 that has 45kgs of ballast,no turbo,detuned,and max downforce with my setup on,it my WEC feeder car,hasnt been to gt auto since before I did a 2 hour race,I'm 3 hours in at the moment taking a break as I've driven for 3 hours staight,leading by 30secs and making more stops because I have to push to stay ahead,doing 6-8laps,fuel can last atleast 12 so I refuel a little bit then go,so more stops,but they are shorter than the A.I.

For the love of god. Where did you clowns get the idea that softer tyres on the rear would ever work?! You put *harder* tyres on the rear, and then you can go 11-13 laps, basically until the fuel runs out.

When they do that in real life, these cars do 40+ laps on the same set of tyres, but this game is broken.

Le Mans isn't a sprint race. Drive carefully, not as if your life depended on it. That extra 0.1s rear softs gives you will come back to bite you in the arse when you have to pit every 5 laps.

Actually, you can do nearly 10 laps with soft tyres in the rear if you feather the throttle and don't slam the foot on it. With the Audi R8 I was able to do 9 laps with soft compound, and 10 with the Peugeot 908 HDI.

I took a gtr road car and actually won by the off chance cause it rained all race apart from say 20 minutes.

Actually, you can do nearly 10 laps with soft tyres in the rear if you feather the throttle and don't slam the foot on it. With the Audi R8 I was able to do 9 laps with soft compound, and 10 with the Peugeot 908 HDI.

I was using a de-tuned and ballasted R10,965KG,539BHP,so I had to push to stay ahead,anyway I didn't finish it since I had a race to attend on Saturday.

I will be using a stock R10 with max aero - what kind of strategy is required? From testing I presume 4-5 laps max with Softs can be done, and about 8 on Hards (not too sure on that one) but how much fuel will be required on each stop?

Just started my first 24h race.
Car: Mazda 787B
Bought all the tires just in case to big gap both ways. Want it to be hard, but I do not want to loose at the same time.

Tested the car with different setups for a couple of hours before starting the race.
Have started the race with Racing Hard tires.
Lap times so far:
Best lap time: 3.32
Worst lap time: 3.36

6.5 hours in, and the night has come. Are in third, 27 seconds behind the first car.

I will be using a stock R10 with max aero - what kind of strategy is required? From testing I presume 4-5 laps max with Softs can be done, and about 8 on Hards (not too sure on that one) but how much fuel will be required on each stop?
With full upgrades, my R10 does 11 laps per stop with all my fuel used first (RM/RH tyres)
If you're having trouble keeping pace see my thread on the R10.

I'm currently 10 hours in this race and I'm using the Peugeot 908 Team Peugeot Total, by now I'm first with 5 laps over the Audi R8. Race started on wet, but in 6 laps it became dry and stayed dry until now. If you're going to choise this car, make sure to have a button to change headlights mode, because this car has very dark high headlights, while the normal headlights are more brighter and allow you to effectively see the road.

EDIT : I've just noticed that you have restarted the race with the Peugeot, good choice! :)

I'm doing a pit stop every 4 laps on racing soft (Out Lap - Fast Lap - Fast Lap - Pit lane at the end of the 4°), and I think this is the best strategy because it allows me to have a lap time pattern like that :
4:00 - 4:03 (Out lap -It depends on how much fuel you decide to put into the car, I usually refuel for only 32 liters every pit stop)
3:22 - 3:24
3:24 - 3:26
3:31 - 3:33 (Pit lane)

Plus this give me more stability and less stress over the race, and it's generally better than RM-RM or RM-RH in terms of times, because with a RM-RH setting I was doing 3:29 - 3:36 only for 4 laps, and Lap 5 I had to be extremely careful to not spin the car due to the worn out tires. So, the extra lap they give to you it's not worth the time you lose through the laps compared to RS-RS.

Im getting 7 laps with the Peugot 908 HDI.

Out lap: 1.40~
5 laps of: 1.30- 1.36
In lap: still with reasonable traction.. just dont oversteer on the exits and be sure to break straight and watch the turn in.

Latest Posts

Back