Legendary cars dealer refresh

• Thread starter sejtur
  • 8,253 comments
I believe Sony priced the MTX bundles without considering their viability.
They considered them carefully, that they get cheaper the more you buy is evidence of that.

This is a point that too many overlook, these cost Sony/PD nothing to create, they literally have a production cost of zero. Yet the more credits you buy, the cheaper you can buy them in per credit terms.

Cr. 100,000 = £1.99
Cr. 250,000 = £3.99
Cr. 750,000 = £7.99
Cr. 2,000,000 = £16.99

Per Cr.100,000 that's £1.99, £1.596, £1.065, or £0.85. Which pushes people towards spending more by offering 'better value', value that is false as these are digital items - no cost of scale for production exists.

So it costs less than half the amount of real money, per Cr100,000 when you buy the more expensive pack vs. the cheaper pack. Sony and PD could have attached any cost they like to these, the fact that they are scaled in this way indicates they most certainly considered the viability of them. How accurate that viability will be is a different matter, but it most certainly was considered.

They considered them carefully, that they get cheaper the more you buy is evidence of that.

This is a point that too many overlook, these cost Sony/PD nothing to create, they literally have a production cost of zero. Yet the more credits you buy, the cheaper you can buy them in per credit terms.

Cr. 100,000 = £1.99
Cr. 250,000 = £3.99
Cr. 750,000 = £7.99
Cr. 2,000,000 = £16.99

Per Cr.100,000 that's £1.99, £1.596, £1.065, or £0.85. Which pushes people towards spending more by offering 'better value', value that is false as these are digital items - no cost of scale for production exists.

So it costs less than half the amount of real money, per Cr100,000 when you buy the more expensive pack vs. the cheaper pack. Sony and PD could have attached any cost they like to these, the fact that they are scaled in this way indicates they most certainly considered the viability of them. How accurate that viability will be is a different matter, but it most certainly was considered.
I didn’t say the pricing structure isn’t viable I’m saying the price point isn’t viable.The best “value” bundle at £16.99 is equivalent to around %25 the cost of the entire game but only %10 the cost of a single car from the game.The relative value between bundles is irrelevant compared to the overall outlay which is so extortionate it’s a disincentive to all but the most profligate of players

Anyone know how much the CLK GTR will be? I've seen 8 mil and 8.5 mil.

Edit: NM, I see in the link above it shows as 8.5 mil.

Last edited:
I didn’t say the pricing structure isn’t viable I’m saying the price point isn’t viable.The best “value” bundle at £16.99 is equivalent to around %25 the cost of the entire game but only %10 the cost of a single car from the game. The relative value between bundles is irrelevant compared to the overall outlay which is so extortionate it’s a disincentive to all but the most profligate of players
In terms of microtransactions they are not that expensive, and given how MXTs work they don't need or expect everyone to buy them.

Studies have shown that 50% of all MTX revenue comes from just 0.15% of players, but these players are not normally wealthy people, but rather people with addictive personalities that spend far more than they should.

It's almost inconceivable that Sony and/or PD are not aware of this, and also that they have not looked in detail around the revenue forecasts for them. Particularly when they brought in over $2billion for Sony in the holiday 2021 period alone, more than physical and digital sales of games combined.

GTA Online's shark cards make the GT7 ones look cheap and they bring in half a billion a year.

Last edited:
In terms of microtransactions they are not that expensive, and given how MXTs work they don't need or expect everyone to buy them.

Studies have shown that 50% of all MTX revenue comes from just 0.15% of players, but these players are not normally wealthy people, but rather people with addictive personalities that spend far more than they should.

It's almost inconceivable that Sony and/or PD are not aware of this, and also that they have not looked in detail around the revenue forecasts for them. Particularly when they brought in over $2billion for Sony in the holiday 2021 period alone, more than physical and digital sales of games combined.

GTA Online's shark cards make the GT7 ones look cheap and they bring in half a billion a year.

0.15% of players paying £159 vs 70% of players paying £2.49 which is more lucrative for Sony?
I’m against MTX but given the choice between grinding for 18.5 million credits for a McLaren f1 or paying £2.49 I know which I would choose.
3239DBF2-F42C-4514-97B8-302CFC4B85EA.jpeg

0.15% of players paying £159 vs 70% of players paying £2.49 which is more lucrative for Sony?
I’m against MTX but given the choice between grinding for 18.5 million credits for a McLaren f1 or paying £2.49 I know which I would choose.
View attachment 1127133
You've made an inaccurate assumption in that the 0.15% isn't spending 'x' amount, but that the 0.15% makes up 50% of all revenue for MTX for each title (on average).

Sony will have crunched the numbers on this, zero chance that hasn't happened and what we have, is what they see as the model most likely to bring them the highest additional revenue for the title, and they will have based it on what people spent on GTS MTX. They will know how many spent, what they spent in total, what the highest spends were and what the max spend percentile was and how much they spent each.

If we take the GTA V example, they have circa 33 million on-line players, and made $600 million in microtransaction revenue in 2019, that works out to be 495,000 people (0.15%) spending $300 million (50%) which is $606 as an average for each one. If Sony could match that spend in GT7, and it sold say 10 million copies, that's just shy of $90 million from the 0.15% and $180 million in total. 70% @ $2.49 is just under $17.5 million for comparison.

Now you and I might not spend $606 on MTX (well I know for a fact I never would), but their are people out there who will, it might be in lareg chucks, it might be broken up over the course of a year or two, but they most certainly exist, and 0.15% is a low target to need to hit to get a huge revenue.

It's not unreasonable for Sony to conclude that if Rockstar can get those kind of spends out of GTAV, they should be able to get them out of GT7, particularly given the similarity in pricing and approach both have to MTXs

Last edited:
But this is where addictive personalities develop when games don't reward properly for the time spent on the game in order to obtain items in game which are most desired. It is almost like they shaping their ways around another prestigious title insert sarcasm called 'FIFA Ultimate Team' which is EA's biggest cash cow. Whom a person will buy a pack costing £2-5 to gain coins to get a card and then as more items are released throughout the games cycle, by the end of the cycle the game is costing them over £100+. The way Hagerty is structured does not help this at all where most casual players will see that these cars are on a limited timer.

Seems both can be true at the same time. They maliciously broke the economy, and due to their incompetence in spreading out the extremely expensive cars the optics of the maliciously broken economy became even worse.
Yes, the economy is terrible in GT7, but it makes zero difference that two extremely expensive cars are being sold simultaneously. Unless you want to buy every car at the first opportunity you get, but I fail to see why that would be important when they all come back around eventually in what looks like an infinite loop.

Last edited:
Yes, the economy is terrible in GT7, but it makes zero difference that two extremely expensive cars are being sold simultaneously. Unless you want to buy every car at the first opportunity you get, but I fail to see why that would be important when they all come back around eventually in what looks like an infinite loop.
Having 2 of the most expensive cars on at the same time makes a big difference. Think of it from a casual gamer perspective, they don't know the time frame for when these cars will be back but when you have 2 of the most desirable at the same time with the economy stricken... you essentially create a FOMO effect and this is a tactic to entice microtransactions.

Having 2 of the most expensive cars on at the same time makes a big difference. Think of it from a casual gamer perspective, they don't know the time frame for when these cars will be back but when you have 2 of the most desirable at the same time with the economy stricken... you essentially create a FOMO effect and this is a tactic to entice microtransactions.
Exactly. 99% of the player base aren't on these forums, Reddit, etc. They don't dedicate years to the game like many on here do and to turn them away with the terrible optics of having 36mil for two cars IMMEDIATELY after nerfing credits is a bad omen for the game's future.

I don't care about the Jag or 917; not like we have any where they could be used anyway, lol. The F1 debacle sucks though as that has always been one of my most used cars since it came to the series. Now, because Kaz wanted to sell even more advertising space within a $70+ game, we are paying 18x as much for the F1 as we were before, and I'm sure there are many other formerly "cheap" cars that will meet the same fate. Tying prices of the cars to their real-world value might have seemed good on paper, but at least in THIS economy it's a train-wreck. "But the Mark IV was only 4.6mil!!!" That's great, where are you going to race it? It's sat in my garage untouched...

I'd much rather have the 8-10 15+ million credit cars we always had as most of them were extremely niche to very specific races anyway, but now we're seeing cars people have always used in a lot of the content become unicorns, and that's just a losing situation for everyone aside from those cashing the macro-transaction checks.

Last edited:
just read the last 4-5 pages

the only thing that is more hilarious than sony's, polyphony's and kaz's greed

is the "bu bu bu bu forza" dudes

either they are "picking up" their "information" from the internet without ever playing the game,
or there are some very serious underlying issues there

Another car that soared up in price (2x more expensive in relation to Sport) and that I won't be able to realistically afford.

Ford GT40 Mark I.

5.6 million everyone. It used to be about 2.2 or 2.4 million before. And yet again, another car that is a favourite (at least of mine) that I won't get for a while.

Again... GG.

I just realised something in retrospect, but why wasn't the Honda S800 in the Legends dealership?

Like what criteria is PD using for what qualifies for the Legends dealer? I'd think one of Honda's most iconic and important sports car deserves a spot.

Unless

It's too cheap for PD's "agenda." :sly::sly::sly:

I just realised something in retrospect, but why wasn't the Honda S800 in the Legends dealership?

Like what criteria is PD using for what qualifies for the Legends dealer? I'd think one of Honda's most iconic and important sports car deserves a spot.

Unless

Maybe what they really meant was ''legendarily expensive''.

Unless

I think it’s intended for cars that are either totally iconic, classics in limited numbers or with rare quirks as well as historic entries from motorsports.

The Honda S800 is not much more than an old classic. I’m more surprised how the ‘73 BMW 3.0 CSL is considered pedestrian enough for the used car lot.

Ford GT40 Mark I.

5.6 million everyone. It used to be about 2.2 or 2.4 million before. And yet again, another car that is a favourite (at least of mine) that I won't get for a while.

Again... GG.
They were 2.8mill in GTS, they were my bank cars, as a bit of a prolific grinder in GTS i once had 22 of them at one time, worth 840k each,probably bought and sold aleast 50 of them.

What a difference a game makes.:boggled:

:irked:

Back