legit sport mode concern

Canada
Windsor Ontario
notes2828
So my little cousin brought this to my attention today and I actually think he may have a good concern with people exploiting sport mode.... What happens when people purposely let off the lap times a bit to ensure they are grouped with what could be a slower grid? For example... I'm not 110% sure how it's going to be grouped and how tight the qualification times will matter but let's say you are a beast on a certain track layout and you say... Maybe take a few extra seconds to cross the line in the qualification then just blow everyone away in the actual race if you are letting up a bit to be matched up against people who actually tried their best for their lap times... Do I have something here or am I thinking way to much into this lol.

If the beta was anything to go by, if you perform very well in a race, no matter the qualifying, it'll end up with that person being ranked up higher after a race or a few, so while it may be exploitable for a couple of races, you wouldn't be able to do it for long.

It goes based on rating, qualifying is just that, qualifying. If your Driver rating was an "S" and Sportsmanship rating was "S" you would be placed in the fast lobby with drivers rated similarly regardless of qualifying time. Now if your DR (driver rating) was an E but you put the fastest lap time on the leader board, you still wouldn't be in the S-S or A-S lobby. You would be going up against drivers with your skill rating, in this case other E's or C's.

If the beta was anything to go by, if you perform very well in a race, no matter the qualifying, it'll end up with that person being ranked up higher after a race or a few, so while it may be exploitable for a couple of races, you wouldn't be able to do it for long.

Ok that makes sence. Thanks I appreciate the reply

It goes based on rating, qualifying is just that, qualifying. If your Driver rating was an "S" and Sportsmanship rating was "S" you would be placed in the fast lobby with drivers rated similarly regardless of qualifying time. Now if your DR (driver rating) was an E but you put the fastest lap time on the leader board, you still wouldn't be in the S-S or A-S lobby. You would be going up against drivers with your skill rating, in this case other E's or C's.

Ok cool that makes alot of sence I forgot about the ratings themselves. Thanks buddy

There's no point in being concerned with this imo.

The more people do it the less impact it will have because everyone would end up matched with people from their skill level anyway. Also, if you want to be a top e-sports driver, there's no way you'll get away with sandbagging.

Just try to be as fast as possible and that's it. Also, nothing guarantees you that a guy who's fast on Qualy is equally good and consistent during a race with others around.

Back