LEGO 2K Drive

• Thread starter Famine
  • 89 comments
Is it possible to replicate something like a Chaparral 2J with the car building feature?
In handling terms, no. To look at... sure - if you've got enough time you can do pretty much whatever. Here's a very quick and dirty rear 3/4:

1684362422017.png

I'm sure others can do better, but you've got a lot of bricks (not comprehensive, but a lot) and a lot of colours including glowing and clear. I reckon your best bet is probably to try and make one in one of those external builder sites so you know what bricks you need and replicate that in the game.

You can certainly recreate a Speed Champions car from the instructions (which might set the lawyers off).

The vehicle creator gives us total freedom to do something from scratch, or are we limited to some preset chassis?
I've only seen custom builds on preset chassis so far.
What I didn't liked from previus trailers and gameplay videos was the ridiculous fast pace switches between road/water/air modes. Barelly seconds from one type of racing to another. I guess this is made for children with a lifespan of an average TikTok video.
As noted in the article for which this is the discussion thread, you can turn that off and operate it manually - or not at all.

Last edited:
In handling terms, no. To look at... sure - if you've got enough time you can do pretty much whatever. Here's a very quick and dirty rear 3/4:
Excellent. I mainly wanted to replicate the look of the car so that's great news.

It'd be great to get some info on how deep the microtransaction rabbit hole goes. I know it's a massive red flag for many people.
Red Flags Reaction GIF by Kamie Crawford

Cant Tell Cbs GIF by Paramount+

Quick summary from what I can tell:

Some vehicles have exclusive "perks" (abilities) which you can apply to other vehicles by owning them.
Some vehicles are only available for the in-game "Brick Bux" currency.
You earn Brick Bux pretty easily on your first pass (there's more for beating a race at A than B, and at B than C) and there's some out in the world but it appears you get reduced rewards for subsequent races.
To give you a broad idea, I'm at 20k Brick Bux having done two-thirds of the story, a handful of the billions of sidequests, and only at B level.
Cars look to be around 10k Brick Bux (there may be more expensive, there may be less expensive, I haven't dug deeper but that's the median value). You can also buy exclusive characters, "flairs" (things that do stuff in certain circumstances, which you can program), horns and - pretty puckeringly - special LEGO blocks.
You can buy Brick Bux for coins, which you buy for real money:

1684376036671.png

500 coins converts to 10,000 Brick Bux - so in essence you're looking at £3.46/$3.84 - £4.49/$4.99 for each additional car.

The game does throw cars, characters, flairs, and brick packs at you pretty much constantly (I'd guess until you've finished everything), but you just know there'll be some sweet, unique stuff on Bux-only cars...

Last edited:
I hope you can build your own car in this LEGO game, otherwise it completely defeats the point of LEGO as a whole...

I'm playing this now for a review hopefully tomorrow; anything anyone wants to know?
Is it possible to change the size of the wheels and tyres? And also is it possible to change the wheelbase length on the predetermined chassis options?

If you get rewarded with a car you already have
I don't think this is possible.
I hope you can build your own car in this LEGO game, otherwise it completely defeats the point of LEGO as a whole...
:odd:

Look up to post #13.

Is it possible to change the size of the wheels and tyres?
Yes.
And also is it possible to change the wheelbase length on the predetermined chassis options?
I didn't get that deep, but I'll check again after the review article. Edit: Actually I just checked on my way past and it doesn't look like you can. Also the game got stuck in a loop in the creator...

Last edited:
Saw Black Panthaa playing it and when he put a huge wing the car became top heavy and almost got on two wheels at every corner,it is simplified but the care for details is there.

So you're telling me my gtplanet friends are now having more fun doing lego swaps since gt7 has gone stale? 🤣🤣
season 6 episode 22 GIF by SpongeBob SquarePants

What I didn't liked from previus trailers and gameplay videos was the ridiculous fast pace switches between road/water/air modes. Barelly seconds from one type of racing to another. I guess this is made for children with a lifespan of an average TikTok video.
RIP to those children, hopefully they had fun at least.

Picked up the game. I like how goofy it is so far, and some of the missions are a big enough change in the gameplay that they have my full attention.

Took some time last night to build up a 2J, though I am absolutely atrocious with LEGO and this is like 33% larger than it needs to be.

image.png

image.png

I'll have to come back through and redo this to make it thinner and much less brick-heavy but hey, it's a start.

Also found an amusing bug already - NPCs with set spawn locations will try to respawn at that location when knocked away, regardless of whether something is occupying that space or not.

DONT THINK I DIDNT NOTICE GAME (the Lightning Sword boat that just shown up as a weekly item in Lego 2k Drive's shop is basically a reference to the Thunderblade from H2Overdrive)

A H2Overdrive reference in 2023...this is delightful
1896e6a8eda90-screenshotUrl.png
Screenshot_2023-07-19-22-41-35-157.jpeg

My plus runs out this month. I wonder if I'll be able to snag this before then. It won't be playable once plus is gone but I'll be able to play it if I renew plus. I'm thinking out that quite a lot.

My plus runs out this month. I wonder if I'll be able to snag this before then. It won't be playable once plus is gone but I'll be able to play it if I renew plus. I'm thinking out that quite a lot.
If you still have Plus the game is now available. My sub runs out soon so I’ve just added it to my library for now.

this one comes out on ps plus soon, get it whilst you can!

Edit: huh
Edit: well I very much look forward to at least downloading it, then playing it and stuff wonder if it has MTX or other stuff that I don't like... like why is it on ps plus? nobodys buying it? why?

Last edited:
Lego sets come with instructions for building various cars, this game doesn’t seem to have instructions for building sweet cars

Last edited:
If you still have Plus the game is now available. My sub runs out soon so I’ve just added it to my library for now.
I'm getting old. My plus runs until 2024. Not a bad game though.

Lego sets come with instructions for building various cars, this game doesn’t seem to have instructions for building sweet cars

I have no experience of the game so I don't know if this helps, but you can download the instructions for almost any set for free from Lego's website.

Attachments

• 98ED06DE-C15E-4AE4-9E24-66A92EE2EF69.jpeg
    98ED06DE-C15E-4AE4-9E24-66A92EE2EF69.jpeg
    220.7 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:
Back