LEGO 2K Drive

• Thread starter Famine
  • 89 comments
Lego Racers reboot, except you buy Brick Sets as DLC or Season Passes. Calling it now.
It could indeed be released with the Lego Racers name, or just Lego Drive if it's more exploration than circuit racing, hopefully not 'Lego 2K Drive', that's very corporate.

DLC and Season Passes is a foregone conclusion. Knowing 2K is involved, probably "Battle:yuck:Passes", limited time rewards and Virtual Currency too.

I'll be interested to see which is the better kart racer: this Lego game or Disney Speedstorm, and especially interested as to which one has more aggressive monetisation.

I’m interested! Sure up for a true arcade racing game.

PS - An F1 Race Stars reboot would be great as well. ☺️

The Fortnite of Kart Racers? Every IP Lego has its hand in could make an appearance.

Anyone remember 2K Drive? That painfully underrated mobile racing sim that everyone forgot?
Well… Besides from the micro transactions, because there’s no such thing as a video game without microtransactions

Am I seeing things or is that the McLaren Vision GT on the cover?
Yes.

It's the McLaren Solus Speed Champion.

Am I seeing things or is that the McLaren Vision GT on the cover?
Kinda - it's the Solus GT, right?

I'm releasing a racing game soon called "Enoughwiththemultipleversions Racing"

There'll be 3 version at launch.

Richmans/influencers edition:
Which will be the ultimate edition with everything unlocked, we'll send it to you for free/possibly pay you to say good things about it.

Benefits edition:
Like the ultimate edition but you have to pay something/whatever/in your own time (in installments if you want when you get your gyro) & we hand out free in-game stuff every 2 weeks, you don't even have to play it because you know, why bother, it's free.

Working man's edition:
Unlike the the 2x previous edition seen above this version will cost £80 with 1 car/1 track & you'll have to play the game 8/10hrs a day 5/6 days a week to unlock a new car/track & if you don't log in to play it we'll take a random item away (which can be re-earned once you've put the hrs back in)

Let us know which version you'll be pre-ordering.

Jokey rant aside, this is something my boy would like, I'll wait till it's on sale/gwg/gp/birthday etc.

Last edited:
While I think this is a cool concept I can't get behind it with 2K at the helm. It will be so riddled with microtransactions that it will ruin the experience. 2K managed to do this with its NBA, golf, and wrestling game so I have no doubt it'll do the same to its Lego game.

While I think this is a cool concept I can't get behind it with 2K at the helm. It will be so riddled with microtransactions that it will ruin the experience. 2K managed to do this with its NBA, golf, and wrestling game so I have no doubt it'll do the same to its Lego game.
I think, given that there's already at least one post-launch DLC revealed and three car packs, nobody would be surprised if there's literally individually sold LEGO bricks either in-game for cash (which you can buy via MTX) or as paid add-ons.

Looks like a riot, I'm looking forward to playing it. And to seeing how breathtaking the price tag will be in Canadian dollar for those special editions 😬

Last edited:
Can't wait to see 2K stuff this full with gambling mechanics and MTX and people falling over themselves defending it just because its Lego.

From the way they made it with the two commentators and the old former racer teaching you on your way to winning the trophy, the trailer gave my quite the heavy ModNation Racers flashbacks, which I wouldn't mind at all. I loved that game.

oh wonderful (from a preview on another site)

Lego 2K Drive features an in-game store, Unkie’s Emporium, where players can acquire optional items including new vehicles, minifigures and more. There are two types of items in the store, ones that can be purchased using Brickbux earned through playing, or ones that can be purchased using coins obtained through a real currency purchase
a shame as it does look fun

Cringy voice lines aside, it looks and sounds very fun. The microtransaction focus is concerning but it does depend on how it's implemented and how it works in practice. If it isn't too bad and the microtransactions doesn't have much if any impact on gameplay, then sure, I might grab it. If it's "certain brick-sets cost extra money and progression without cheating is painfully slow" bad, then one might as well stick to Brick Rigs, which admittedly is more toolboxy than it is a fleshed out game, but still.

Reading some other previews it does seem like there is a heavy push of the MTX. Either have them and make the game free-to-play, or ditch them and charge full price. Not both. I'm out on this one.
Couldn't agree more. This game seems to want to become the definition of 'predatory'. Can guarantee that you'll be able to buy access to various brick types you'd have to otherwise unlock as well.

I don't get the thinking, the concept is a slam dunk and doesn't need the predatory MTX, they would make more money on either of your options, doing it this way is a sure fire way to put people completely off it.

Back