Leonidae's Brick Special 2.0i ( AKA Volvo 740GL '90)

  • Thread starter Thread starter Leonidae@MFT
  • 33 comments
  • 4,537 views
I have a reason to believe that the headgasket is done for. The coolant is pretty dark and oily looking, also, it feels more slippery than what is should. Just to add insult to the injury, exhaust manifold nuts are so badly burnt and corroded that I think I will leave it on the cylinder head once I get that far as taking it off for gasket replacement. :irked: Oh the joys of old cars.. But, still, I'd still take this over any modern flying saucer with their electric everything. Oh, and the summer wheels.. I really need to start doing things.
 
I was always told to look for the color of the coolant in the oil, rather than for the Oil in the Coolant :P
 
Both works.
 
And now the bugger doesn't start. After checking the in-car tester that gave "no malfunctions" code, fuses, ignition leads etc, I'm suspecting that ether the primary or secondary fuel pump is out. I hear the buzz, but there's not even a whiff of fuel in the engine compartment. :irked: Oh well.. Joys of owning old car with personality.
 
Back