Less Players in the Americas VS EU?

• Thread starter ceres2000
  • 37 comments
At a guess I'd think Oceania (Asia/Pacific) would have the lowest player base. I've had a race with only 9 players in a room that should've had 16 (approx. 10 am on a weekday). Check out the mix in my second race that day, everything from D/E to A/S and again, not a full room :confused:

View attachment 713738
Thats some terrible matching.

Question is : would you accept getting matched against low SR drivers and potentially suffer from repeated punts ?
Absolutely not, that is why I try to maintain the high SR rating. Most of the time, racing against the higher SR drivers, the quality of race is better, I just have very little chance of winning. And I’m ok with that.

Question is : would you accept getting matched against low SR drivers and potentially suffer from repeated punts ?

I would be fine with that as there isn't a lot of difference between SR.A and SR.S to how people behave. I've even had cleaner races at SR.B than at SR.S where people can afford to drive dirty at little risk. Once you're DR.A a little bump in SR will get you at the top of those rooms with a DR.S to DR.D mix at SR.S. That's no incentive to drive clean at all. Can't drive clean, here start in pole between DR.B to DR.D drivers to get your SR back to max.

Repeated punts happen at max SR as well, the range for matching could easily be a lot bigger. 35 SR points would be fine as a range.

In terms of GTS Europe is by a long short the largest player group.

The UK alone is only slightly behind the US in terms of total players.

View attachment 713811

Add the EU together and its not even close.

http://www.kudosprime.com/gts/stats.php?stat_preset=nb_players_by_country

I don't really take those stats seriously , cause it adds all people ho have played once... And that counts the last open beta /demo...

I see friends in the game that don't have the final release and only haved downloaded the demo when it was available

Didn't see any news on any website about GT Sport passing the 2 millons of sales like happened with older releases like GT5 that achieved those numbers after being 2 weeks on sale..

I don't really take those stats seriously , cause it adds all people ho have played once... And that counts the last open beta /demo...

I see friends in the game that don't have the final release and only haved downloaded the demo when it was available

Didn't see any news on any website about GT Sport passing the 2 millons of sales like happened with older releases like GT5 that achieved those numbers after being 2 weeks on sale..
The stats do separate out the demo from final title, one of them looks at conversation from demo to final title.

The do extrapolate based on a submitted user set, which is why the ratios and percentages are the ones to look at rather than raw numbers. Those percentages do then sit in the right areas when we look at other values, so 6% of players sticking with online long term is pretty much in line with other titles.

As such even if it did include the demo, rough splits by country would still end up in a very similar ratio.

The number of American GT players I've been in contact with specifically with the idea of competing pales in comparison of EU players by a mile and I'm going back to gt3 days. I don't see a difference now either so I'm going to take the unscientific route and stick by my first claim. It seems obvious to me, I'm not sure why it's in question really as the EU loves them some GT.

Back