Lets make our own career mode

• Thread starter hardtofind
  • 36 comments
GT PSP may have not a career mode.but it has lots of cars and tracks.it has all the content from GT4 .
so what if we make our career mode.for example i will make a checklist from the gt4 race event list.

Beginner Hall
Sunday Cup:
FF Challenge:
FR Challenge:
4WD Challenge:
MR Challenge:
Light Weight K Cup:
Spider & Roadster:
Sport Truck Race:
i dont remember specific tracks for the races now but i will check them later.
i can race single player trough this plan .you get the idea :)

what do you think?

GT PSP may have not a career mode.but it has lots of cars and tracks.it has all the content from GT4 .
so what if we make our career mode.for example i will make a checklist from the gt4 race event list.

Beginner Hall
Sunday Cup:
FF Challenge:
FR Challenge:
4WD Challenge:
MR Challenge:
Light Weight K Cup:
Spider & Roadster:
Sport Truck Race:

what do you think?
Iv'e had this idea aswell. It would be nice to redo all the tracks in a certain order. Maybe i might do the sunday cup from GT1! YAY!

Beginner Hall
Sunday Cup:
FF Challenge:
FR Challenge:
4WD Challenge:
MR Challenge:
Light Weight K Cup:
Spider & Roadster:
Sport Truck Race:

what do you think?
Mister, you just had the best idea ever :D instead of whining and complaining about the bad reviews or about the lack of something someone has finally had a constructive idea! Kudos to you, I salute you :)

Beginner Hall
Sunday Cup:
FF Challenge:
FR Challenge:
4WD Challenge:
MR Challenge:
Light Weight K Cup:
Spider & Roadster:
Sport Truck Race:

what do you think?

awesome idea!!

This is a great idea! If it's not on here by tomorrow, I can look the races up in GT4, and I'll post 'em here. That'll be a great print-out to go by, check the races off as you go.

we can make like race,rally,drift endurance challenges and ranking system to see who is top in each category and if we can get xlink kai send cars to winners each month or something

Ok, since this thread is playing dead right now, I'll kickstart it.

My Tournament Ideas

BEGINNER

Sunday Cup (All D Level AI)
Twin Ring Motegi Super Speedway
Mid-Field Raceway
Trial Mountain

Clubman Cub (Again, all D-Level)
Deep Forest Raceway
Grand Valley East
High Speed Ring

FF Challenge (D or C-Level, must have FF car)
Autumn Ring Mini
Twin Ring Motegi East Short Course
Costa de Amalfi

FR Challenge (C-level, must have FR car)
Fuji Speedway 2005
Grand Valley Speedway
Trial Mountain

MR Challenge (C-level, must have MR car)
Infineon Raceway-Sports Car Course
Laguna Seca
Driving Park Motorland

4WD Challenge (C-level, must have 4WD car)
Tsukuba Circuit
Sarthe Circuit 2005
Apricot Hill Raceway

Lightweight Car Cup (C-level, must be under 1000 kg)
Autumn Ring Mini
Deep Forest Raceway
Suzuka Circuit West Course

INTERMEDIATE

Japanese Sports Car Championship (B-Level, must be Japanese sports car
Suzuka Circuit
Tokyo Route 246
Tsukuba Circuit

American Muscle Gathering (B-Level, must be American muscle car)
Seattle Circuit
Leguna Seca
New York

(More coming)
This is just what I'm going to do for my Championships for the game.

Nice to see the community getting together to solve this missing element. It's a bit too much for me to go through though even though I find the missing career mode pretty much ruined it for me...

So much for all those pre relesae who said missing career mode wasn't a big deal.

I actually find the lack of career mode to be rather refreshing and well-suited for the concept of 'Portable GT'. But creating our own career mode is good too :).

Ya know...the past week Ive been playing this, Ive been wondering how hard it would be to actually make a little GUI app for the game that started the races and gave prize cars...would be a ton of work though...any programmers wanna help? :P

As Ive gathered from this game, those who are saying it doesnt NEED a carreer are right. I totally agree, the way this game is laid out is less of a 'play-through' style. It truly is portable, pick any car any way any time...its about collecting more then 'beating-the-world'. It is pretty refreshing to not have to deal with the NFS-style 'top 10' racers bull...

...anyways, Ill be thinking about this...its a shame we can pick what cars are auto-selected for the race. Theres always been that one car way out of class...like the gt40 against us sedans or something...and prize cars cant really be done either...

"Congratulations, you have won the FF challange! Go buy yourself a black RX7 as your prize!"

As for this thread, that was my exact reaction to reviews - if you really want to you can still match most events in previous GT games by just setting up similar races.

Ya know...the past week Ive been playing this, Ive been wondering how hard it would be to actually make a little GUI app for the game that started the races and gave prize cars...would be a ton of work though...any programmers wanna help? :P

Prize cars is pretty much impossible unless perhaps someone completely hacks the ad-hoc car-sharing feature to share exactly that one prize car based on a combination of your PSP name and the cars you have available for sharing indicating what races you've done. But that seems somewhat farfetched.

As Ive gathered from this game, those who are saying it doesnt NEED a carreer are right. I totally agree, the way this game is laid out is less of a 'play-through' style. It truly is portable, pick any car any way any time...its about collecting more then 'beating-the-world'. It is pretty refreshing to not have to deal with the NFS-style 'top 10' racers bull...

Correct. And even then you can still try to get all the Tracks to S level, which is enough of a career mode for me personally. That together with the car collecting and getting the Challenges to Gold is enough of a 'completionist' view of this game. GT4 was nuts - I tried and I think I got close to 80% but that had me pretty much burnt out on career modes like forever, lol. Thankfully I can import cars from the PSP in GT5.

...anyways, Ill be thinking about this...its a shame we can pick what cars are auto-selected for the race. Theres always been that one car way out of class...like the gt40 against us sedans or something...

For this I really like that when setting up your own race you can choose to race against same-class cars, or identical cars.

and prize cars cant really be done either...

"Congratulations, you have won the FF challange! Go buy yourself a black RX7 as your prize!"

The best thing I can think of in terms of prizes, is that once you've done the FF challenge, you are obliged to buy the car you can get from the available dealers at that time that's closest in purchase price to the credits won in the challenge (may never be over that purchase price). In the unlikely event that there isn't a car available for that maximum price, then you may add these credits to the next challenge.

This makes the car you win random, but that's ok because sometimes it was random in GT4 as well.

Nice to see the community getting together to solve this missing element. It's a bit too much for me to go through though even though I find the missing career mode pretty much ruined it for me...

So much for all those pre relesae who said missing career mode wasn't a big deal.

It's not a big deal 👍

I really like how this is shaping up. However ...

For this I really like that when setting up your own race you can choose to race against same-class cars, or identical cars.
... how do you do this in single player mode? I only see the option to limit to a single manufacturer, or do you mean selecting opponents via ad hoc races?

Latest Posts

Back