Let's see those desktops (rev 4.0)

  • Thread starter Thread starter Sage
  • 11,083 comments
  • 786,521 views
Been so so long since I last posted in this thread. Well here I am. Using Win 10 1809. Sometimes my desktop always feels like a work in progress. Lol.

Win10_SS_Capture.PNG
 
It's been a while and here's my current desktop on my XPS 13.

Desktop 15th of November 2019.PNG
 
desktop2jan2020.jpg


It's amazing how this thread has evolved over the years! More and more mobile posts versus computers :lol:
Anyways, starting off 2020 👍
 
What theme is that for the clock and audio visualizer, if you don't mind? That whole setup looks pretty clean.
Anyway, I updated my desktop. The wallpaper on the first one is actually live by wallpaper engine with moving water.

Also replacing the uptime gadget to more simple "Elementary" skin and removing Recycle Bin Icon.
2020-02-12 (2).png

2020-02-12 (3).png
 
And this is my phone. ;) Not sure why Youtube compress the video that much since it's very sharp 1080p on my source.
 
The wallpaper's just one of the stock ones, but I've got my Linux Mint Xfce desktop environment looking pretty nice.

KVuP8Xx.jpg


Edit: Another stock wallpaper, but I've got my portable Manjaro XFCE installation looking similar (though arguably slightly better):

ATHcDft.png
 
Last edited:
upload_2020-11-14_2-3-46.png


Straight from my desktop PC I got in late September.
 
one of many backgrounds I have in a rotating thing ^-^
image_2020-11-14_105955.png
 
Gonna be having some rotating ones each month, beginning with this one:

upload_2021-1-26_4-16-22.png
 
Last edited:
The only drawback to this aspect ratio is finding a good wallpaper that doesn't get cut in half, but I finally found one that I might stick with.
1.png
 
Last edited:
Going down the minimalistic route with this one.

upload_2021-2-10_0-1-52.png
 
Last edited:
I would love to know what font you're using for the date/time here.
I'm afraid I don't recall the exact font, but it's from huk kwgt (needs the base KWGT app to work).
 
The wallpaper's just one of the stock ones, but I've got my Linux Mint Xfce desktop environment looking pretty nice.

Hey, I know those images being edited.
 
I'm afraid I don't recall the exact font, but it's from huk kwgt (needs the base KWGT app to work).

Ah, gotcha. Definitely something I'll look into at a later date.

In any case, after spending a few hours messing with/de-cluttering a new-to-me phone, this is the final result:

Screenshot_20210315-153049_One UI Home.jpg

I was a bit miffed to find out that I couldn't have my background image change on its own, but I'm pretty pleased with the final results, as I tend to be a proverbial old man with this stuff.
 
Last edited:
Back