Let's see those desktops (rev 4.0)

• Thread starter Sage
  • 11,075 comments
For my preview I use the icon straight from the OS, I extracted all the hardware icons & converted them to PNG, I have a ZIP with them all in if you want it.

I think they are all MB Pro icons though right? I think I'll just go for a less optimistic angle. Thanks though.

I think they are all MB Pro icons though right? I think I'll just go for a less optimistic angle. Thanks though.
Nope, there's icons for all the major apple computers & iPods made, apart from for whatever reason the antiglare versions. Your way is definitely more creative though, for mine you just resize the screenshot & stick it in.

screenshot20100217at235.jpg

I'd quite like the original of this:dopey:

Wow, I'm flattered! Thanks alot! 👍

It's a really nice picture, much better than some of InterfaceLIFT's offerings. I've got sort of bored with that site now, nothing really catches my eye anymore. I get most of my walls from /wg on 4chan or 4walled, along with car walls from posts on this forum.

Overall though I've become bored with desktop customization, I've found a setup that I'm comfortable with and anything else I try seems worse. A change of Wallpaper often is enough for me now.

Overall though I've become bored with desktop customization, I've found a setup that I'm comfortable with and anything else I try seems worse. A change of Wallpaper often is enough for me now.

Same here. I found myself to change the actual customization perhaps once a month. As of lately I just change the backdrop. I've also grown tired of digging through DeviantART to find something suitable so I just change whenever something really good appears on IFL.

Found it!
Capture.png

There's my desktop. I need to clean it up a bit!
Ona semi-related note: when playing a game, how do I stop it taking a screenshot of my second monitor alongside my primary monitor where the game is being played?

Last edited:
boxdesk.jpg

Still using RocketDock. Suits me pretty well, only ever have to use the hidden taskbar when I go into my folders and I might just set up the more frequently used folders on the dock.

Gone for the Porsche as I've a hankering for one at the moment. Good few years off yet but I reckon my next car will either be a Boxster or an 80s 911 SC. Depends on whether the novelty of having an open-top car has worn off by then...

I just cleaned up my desktop and got a new background :drool:
Capture-1.png

One of the most stunning Ferraris to date I feel.

Back