Lets talk about the horrible graphics of this game

United States
Heaven
Feel like this needs a thread and what can sms do if anything to fix this.

Those on pc/xbox/ps4 feel free to post more on this matter.

Click on the image to see the full picture and no the image is not being compress that's what it really looks like on my tv.
gUGLtEv.jpg

CO3vYE3.jpg

fvl6znc.png

I feel bad for you.

Buy a proper console.

In all seriousness it looks great on Xbox Kne X 97% of the time. Not had anything to make me think its terrible or awful. Occasional graphical glitches but nothing serious. Its not the best looking racing game I've played but its far from the worst.

Last edited:
On a PS4 Pro and they’re so bad I’ve stopped playing it, bought WRC9 and that’s now my go to game..shame really as it’s a fun title but I just can’t get past the low key graphics
Yeah i'm really thinking of deleting this game from my ps4 :( something i thought i would not do when i bought it.

At the mods could you merge my replies. :)

Also, for what its worth, there's always some compression when taking raw game captures and sending it through a few different things for upload. Plus, when you explode a 4kish image on a screen there will always be jagged edges and so on, so while it looks bad when you click on the thumbnail its never going to give you a perfect example. Here's some example captured at full resolution direct from my Xbox, looks cleaner of course but as soon as you expand it you can still see jagged edges and so on, despite the image looking clean while I'm playing on my TV.

save_94.png
save_95.png
save_96.png

So a lot can depend on perhaps where you sit, as well as what your TV is and its own capabilities. I sit about 8 foot from a 55inch TV and I can't resolve jagged edges and stuff from where I am. If you were sitting 2 foot away from it then maybe you could.

There's also a significant drop in quality I've noticed between capturing the shots, downloading them and then uploading them here. The raw image on my phone looks a lot better than whats been uploaded there. So take every single screenshot with a cup of salt as the image will be sharper, cleaner and less blurred prior to uploading, on the console and while playing.

The main thing I find (Xbox One X) are inconsistencies between circuits. Some look fantastic, Road America stood out to me after years of playing the Forza version for example.

Screen tearing is pretty rough at night, in Multiplayer and on street circuits. The lack of anti-aliasing is pretty noticeable in places too. According to Digital Foundry the game runs with a dynamic resolution, even in Prioritise Framerate mode, but never drops to 1080p.

Forza Horizon 4's framerate mode locks the game to 1080p but also helps guarantee 60fps. That's something I'd like to see, as generally everything else about the game I am enjoying :)

Also, for what its worth, there's always some compression when taking raw game captures and sending it through a few different things for upload. Plus, when you explode a 4kish image on a screen there will always be jagged edges and so on, so while it looks bad when you click on the thumbnail its never going to give you a perfect example. Here's some example captured at full resolution direct from my Xbox, looks cleaner of course but as soon as you expand it you can still see jagged edges and so on, despite the image looking clean while I'm playing on my TV.

View attachment 955113 View attachment 955114 View attachment 955115

So a lot can depend on perhaps where you sit, as well as what your TV is and its own capabilities. I sit about 8 foot from a 55inch TV and I can't resolve jagged edges and stuff from where I am. If you were sitting 2 foot away from it then maybe you could.

There's also a significant drop in quality I've noticed between capturing the shots, downloading them and then uploading them here. The raw image on my phone looks a lot better than whats been uploaded there. So take every single screenshot with a cup of salt as the image will be sharper, cleaner and less blurred prior to uploading, on the console and while playing.
I fully respect your opinion but what i see with my eyes is what your seeing in my images it really does look that bad on my tv on my ps4 pro.

There maybe compressing on those images but not on what i see on my tv screen.

I fully respect your opinion but what i see with my eyes is what your seeing in my images it really does look that bad on my tv on my ps4 pro.

There maybe compressing on those images but not on what i see on my tv screen.

Yeah I'm just trying to set a realistic bar in terms of everyone's experience. What TV do you have, how close do you sit in front of it, what graphical setting are you using in game, what resolution is your PS4 set to?

All of these can play a part and can be variables in what individuals see and perceive.

I'm absolutely not doubting your image quality, I'm just trying to understand the variables contributing to it looking that bad for you.

Yeah I'm just trying to set a realistic bar in terms of everyone's experience. What TV do you have, how close do you sit in front of it, what graphical setting are you using in game, what resolution is your PS4 set to?

All of these can play a part and can be variables in what individuals see and perceive.

I'm absolutely not doubting your image quality, I'm just trying to understand the variables contributing to it looking that bad for you.
2020 Sony 55" X900H PS5 Ready bravia tv.

I’m on 4Pro and image quality is all over the place. Some tracks/cars/weather/ToD look great, others look rough to say the least. Cockpit views seem to bring out the worst in the graphics, as do large grids and lots of weather.

Can’t say I’ve seen quite the level of jaggies in these photos, but they’re definitely out there.

save_97.png

Another example, this example when blown up has less jagged edges but again doesn't represent what is seen on the screen where it looks much smoother and cleaner.

For those on PC, how does it look? I am considering picking it up.
This video captures the long and short of it - which is basically a few minor refinements on what we saw in PC2.

Overall, I'm pretty disappointed in the sheer lack of work they've put in to this aspect of the game. There seems to be no material difference in any regard, apart from the lighting at night being worse.

This post tells you :lol:
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/pccp-championship.395260/page-3#post-13195309

But i fail to see how that matters when every other ps4 game i have looks just fine?

It can matter a great deal in games that have less AA for example or run to lower resolutions than others. If I sit on top of my TV I can see jagged edges and lack of aliasing and areas that don't resolve as much detail. Theres a few guides out there that recommend a viewing distance for your TV size. A 55 inch TV for example. The most common formula recommends 1.5x the diagonal size of your TV.

So 55x1.5 = 82.5 inches viewing distance, or just under 7 foot.

I can test it in real time and being 1-2 foot away, vs 7-8 foot away from my 55 inch TV makes a massive difference in the perceived image quality.

As for other games, again, it will depend on the game and how they resolve AA, the resolution they run at, what game it is an so on. But even those games you may find would have better visual impact when sitting at the correct recommended distance.

Same size as mine, how far away do you sitnif you don't mind me asking?

Didn't you say in a previous post that you had a Philips Ambilight?
Am I confusing with someone else?

By the way, I have more or less same TV as Chikane (Sony 55 X900G, 2019 version), and I second his impressions.
Just to say that on One X the jaggies are really evident only in certain conditions (night and rain).

Didn't you say in a previous post that you had a Philips Ambilight?
Am I confusing with someone else?

By the way, I have more or less same TV as Chikane (Sony 55 X900G, 2019 version), and I second his impressions.
Just to say that on One X the jaggies are really evident only in certain conditions (night and rain).

Yep thats me. Philips Ambilight 55" 4K TV. I was stating the size was the same rather than the TV. :)

Feel like this needs a thread and what can sms do if anything to fix this.

Those on pc/xbox/ps4 feel free to post more on this matter.

Click on the image to see the full picture and no the image is not being compress that's what it really looks like on my tv.
gUGLtEv.jpg

CO3vYE3.jpg

fvl6znc.png
Yup, that's how it looks (even worse at times) on my base PS4 on my TV as well. I'm kind of used to it by now and just focus on the driving, but it still is very distracting at night with a bunch of cars because it gets considerably more pixelated. I know Digital Foundry said it only drops to around 768p at worst, but it sure looks like 480p at times.

It can matter a great deal in games that have less AA for example or run to lower resolutions than others. If I sit on top of my TV I can see jagged edges and lack of aliasing and areas that don't resolve as much detail. Theres a few guides out there that recommend a viewing distance for your TV size. A 55 inch TV for example. The most common formula recommends 1.5x the diagonal size of your TV.

So 55x1.5 = 82.5 inches viewing distance, or just under 7 foot.

I can test it in real time and being 1-2 foot away, vs 7-8 foot away from my 55 inch TV makes a massive difference in the perceived image quality.

As for other games, again, it will depend on the game and how they resolve AA, the resolution they run at, what game it is an so on. But even those games you may find would have better visual impact when sitting at the correct recommended distance.

Ok lets forget those other games since they look just fine on my tv from my distance and lets look at pcars 2 which uses the same game engine.
Pcars 2 is not a looker but is not as bad as 3

bupN8YH.jpg

nlbm2KT.jpg

b1xktNb.jpg

Ok lets forget those other games since they look just fine on my tv from my distance and lets look at pcars 2 which uses the same game engine.
Pcars 2 is not a looker but is not as bad as 3

bupN8YH.jpg

nlbm2KT.jpg

b1xktNb.jpg

I think the general consensus is the PC2 looks better than PC3. But again, the images look fine until blown up where the jagged edges then become more prevalent in a similar way to altering viewing distance.

Back