Lets talk about the horrible graphics of this game

I work for Codemasters, not SMS.

I play Project CARS 3 (Xbox) in my spare time because I enjoy the game, and am curious about the PC side of things since I have a Steam copy too :)
Well I am sure hoping they are working on some of the issues already. Keep us posted if you hear anything. Enjoying the game.

Well I am sure hoping they are working on some of the issues already. Keep us posted if you hear anything. Enjoying the game.
I'll hear same time you do most likely, any earlier and I wouldn't be allowed to share details :D

Since I own quite a good laptop (i7-9750, RTX 2060 6gb, 16gb Ram), I wanted to give a try also to the PC version and test the quality of the graphics on a better system, so I bought the game on Steam and installed.

After installation, the game opens up showing only a quarter of the entire game screen (top left), so is basically unplayable.
I cannot even navigate in the menus.

The Nvidia drivers are updated.

I have uninstalled and re-installed the game three times, but always the same problem occurs.

Any suggestions?
For the time being I got the refund from Steam, but if anyone has any ideas, I can give another try.

Last edited:
Last edited:
Horrible graphics ? Sry i don't understand :P
Me neither...
2b7b2d51-746b-4f66-b35b-f1b21eb87f6b_Thumbnail.PNG

Not even sure if they fixed anything other than wheel support

PS4 update

• Audio:

• Fixed double audio when quitting during the 3-2-1 Pre-Race countdown

• Career:

• Increased Difficulty for Road E
  • Increased Road D Hot Lap 3 target time
  • Increased Road D Pace Setter 2 target time
  • Increased Difficulty for GT C & GT B
  • Adjusted Race Length for GT C Race 5
  • Adjusted Race Length for GT B Race 5
  • Adjusted difficulty for Challenges Championships to match other changes
  • Adjusted number of corners to master in GT A Majors Long Beach from 10 to 9
  • Fixed invalid lap-time during rolling starts at Havana Capitolio
  • Fixed issue where the car lost all its customisation and appeared red in the 2nd round of the championships in Career

• Crash Fixes:

• Fixed a crash when tuning the Jaguar XJ220 and the McLaren F1
  • Fixed crash when user selected replay from a customisation screen on re-entering from a replay
  • Fixed crash when last “My Style” was removed
  • Fixed customisation rims size crashing if moving between vehicles with different number of available sizes
  • Fixed crash when entering “Deal of the Day” via the career

• GUI:

• Fixed Player Label corruption upon restarting a race
  • Improvements to Replay Mode UI
  • Fixed inability to select anyone below P12 in Spectator Mode
  • Tuning button in Pre-Race Menu now shows name of currently-selected tuning setup
  • Tuning button disabled in Rivals
  • Fixed screens not showing “Blizzard” weather type
  • Weather info made consistent throughout all screens in-game
  • Enabled Photo Mode in replay
  • Default colours to be used by patterns (black, white, grey) assigned
  • Added on-screen hint for how to take a photo in Photo Mode
  • Improved player label visuals for online / offline experience.
  • Background now scales with text.
  • Fixed fonts on Player labels on restarting a race
  • Lap counter on point-to-point tracks hidden
  • Subtitles stuck in races fixed

• Online:

• Always use player’s choice for gearing when in Quick Play and Scheduled Events assigned
  • Player now returns to lobby when quitting out of Spectator Mode
  • Rivals event participation rewards increased

• PS4 Only:

• Peripherals:
  • Logitech wheels issues on PS4 fixed
  • Support added for Thrustmaster T-GT

• Render:

• Toned down red crash vignette
  • Fixed clouds popping-in during races
  • Fixed shiny vinyls when using gloss base
  • Fixed random shadow flickering in-game

• Vehicles:

• Formula E:
  • GUI logo, vehicle name, and country flag updated
  • DS Techeetah team livery updated
  • Championship livery added, set as new default livery

The PC update was over 18GB, it looks like they also toned down the color vibrance, which looks better now to me.

Has anyone figured out how to get the best AA possible in pC3 yet? I just got it and need to fix the horrible shimmer, jaggie's! PC version here at 5760x1080.

Feel like this needs a thread and what can sms do if anything to fix this.

Those on pc/xbox/ps4 feel free to post more on this matter.

Click on the image to see the full picture and no the image is not being compress that's what it really looks like on my tv.
gUGLtEv.jpg

CO3vYE3.jpg

fvl6znc.png
So bad

Yeah i'm really thinking of deleting this game from my ps4 :( something i thought i would not do when i bought it.

At the mods could you merge my replies. :)
I had pc2 on ps4, the gfx was not great, wen I got my ps4 pro the gfx was much better, I don't think I'll ever get pc3 tbh as I heard thy f ed up the game

Last edited by a moderator:
I had pc2 on ps4, the gfx was not great, wen I got my ps4 pro the gfx was much better, I don't think I'll ever get pc3 tbh as I heard thy f ed up the game
If it's on sale for 20 or less I would say grab it. It's a good 20 Dollar game but not a 60 dollar game

If it's on sale for 20 or less I would say grab it. It's a good 20 Dollar game but not a 60 dollar game
does it play better than PC1 & PC2, I heard its more arcade focused, like GRID, do we know if they are working on a Current Gen patch to take use of the more power on tap? I still enjoy PC2.

does it play better than PC1 & PC2, I heard its more arcade focused, like GRID, do we know if they are working on a Current Gen patch to take use of the more power on tap? I still enjoy PC2.
I have PC1 and 2. I found that 1 and 2 are better with my T300rs than a controller. PC3 seems better on a controller than my wheel so I use the controller which is nice since I only play it maybe twice a week and I dont have to drag my rig over. I still only use the wheel on GT Sport. I have never played Grid so I can not compare. I also mostly play only multiplayer in most games but it has alot of single player stuff to do. Graphics are ok if you keep it to daytime and no weather or time progression. Thats how I like it anyway. Anyway for $20.00 or less its worth it I think even if you only play it once in a while. I am a Gran Turismo fan and bought PC3 just for the change of cars and tracks which PC3 delivers on. Looking forward to GT7 whenever that is released in the next 5 years.

Over the weekend I sold my copy of pc3. I had fun with it. But after a while the too short braking distances got on my nerves.

PC2 on the ps4pro looks also sharper than PC3.

Back