Lewis Hamilton & Kazunori Yamauchi Announcement

• Thread starter Marky264
  • 37 comments
United Kingdom
Surrey, United
Marky264

"Following the release of the limited time demo, we’re excited to share more exciting news with everyone; Gran Turismo and Lewis Hamilton will be joining forces in the latest iteration of the franchise, GT Sport. Lewis will be appearing in game as a mentor to share his racing wisdom with players from around the world to help them improve their driving technique."

Take a look at the video below to hear from Lewis in his own words.

“I have been playing Gran Turismo since I was a child, so to actually be part of the gameplay design has been an incredible experience.” – Lewis Hamilton

Lewis will reveal his driving philosophy and techniques through driving images and interviews for players of Gran Turismo Sport, providing valuable advice to many players who strive to be as fast and strong as Lewis himself.

The team at PDI are really excited to have Lewis as part of the team:

“From watching Lewis drive on TV all these years, I had an idea of how he might drive, but the experience of watching him drive in person was well beyond my wildest expectations. And I’m really glad to be able to share his driving and philosophy with the players in Gran Turismo.” – Kazunori Yamauchi

Last edited:
Probably something related to these GTS Trophies:

Record Number of Wins
Matched Michael Schumacher's record of 91 F1 victories

Record Number of Races
Matched Rubens Barrichello's record of 322 F1 races

Certified Genius
Matched Ayrton Senna's record of 65 pole positions

I guess F1 is coming. We don't have a lot of tracks on release but it could be promising.
IMO, this is better than NASCAR or Indy series. :D

Probably something related to these GTS Trophies:

Record Number of Wins
Matched Michael Schumacher's record of 91 F1 victories

Record Number of Races
Matched Rubens Barrichello's record of 322 F1 races

Certified Genius
Matched Ayrton Senna's record of 65 pole positions

I guess F1 is coming. We don't have a lot of tracks on release but it could be promising.

Could be, Could also be bringing the New Mercedes Project One to the GT Series. I will avoid dreaming of having the W08 in the Game...

Could be, Could also be bringing the New Mercedes Project One to the GT Series. I will avoid dreaming of having the W08 in the Game...

Even if that would be cool, I don't think it's related to these particular tweets. It would come from Mercedes I guess, since they're the owners of the car. Lewis on the other hand, can land his name to some kind of F1 event like we had with Senna.

From what I remember, he detests racing games (especially those with a simulation-type nature) but probably Gran Turismo had changed his mind...

The big news is that bring that Lewis is finally going to get a real hair stylist?

From what I remember, he detests racing games (especially those with a simulation-type nature) but probably Gran Turismo had changed his mind...
Lol what? How would GTS change his mind? It's pretty sub standard once you get on track. Also he doesn't detest Sims, he just doesn't think they're a good tool for the real thing.

Given that PD and Sony don't have the F1 licence that's not going to happen.

It may be a single car, but unless CM have just lost the licence its not going to be F1.

Oh nota the F1 championship, just F1 content. I wasn't clear. :)

So a car then, to go with the one F1 homologated track in GTS.

By that definition AC has F1.

Yep. F1 content, like AC. There was nothing in GTS. Well, there isn't until we know if it is coming or not. Might be just some marketing maneuver.

Oh this should be good, The guy who got beaten by Nico Rosberg of all people and who is currently only leading the championship down to bad luck on Ferrari's side of the garage....

I think he likes video games but despises them as sim.

I think this is over-stating it. From what I remember he enjoys video games, and has always enjoyed playing them with his brother. He however doesn't really value simulator work and so tends not to do it. Though it must be said that that Lewis was rather lucky in that he came to F1 with a monumental amount of proper on-track testing, the likes of which no rookie after has ever really had.

It's also annoying that the day after I cancel my pre-order, my fav driver is announced as in the game... ugh

edit:

Oh this should be good!! The guy who got beaten by a world champion and is back with a vengeance! A guy who is currently leading the championship over 4x world champion Vettel driving a faster Ferrari....

fixed you post :)

Lol. He's still an otherworldly talent and should be respected as such.

When he isn't whinging that is :sly: If Max had a more dominant and reliable car he would be challenging for the WDC in only his second year, I rate him alot more highly than Hamilton.

Or a dump truck full of money pulled up to his house. :sly:

Just what I was thinking! What I would like to see is a bunch of real life race drivers, who are not assocciated with any games developers in any way, putting various racing sims & games through their paces without being paid to shill them up to the max. Maybe then we'd finally start to get some genuine, honest, & unbiased observations.

You can rate him however you please. Hamilton has 3 championships.

And Michael Schumacher has 7 :rolleyes: Still doesn't get past that fact that to all intents and purposes he lost a WDC to an inferior driver and I watched the last race of the season, When he completely disregarded all team orders, So my opinion of Hamilton is far from what it used to be.

And Michael Schumacher has 7 :rolleyes: Still doesn't get past that fact that to all intents and purposes he lost a WDC to an inferior driver and I watched the last race of the season, When he completely disregarded all team orders, So my opinion of Hamilton is far from what it used to be.

And again, that's fine. Winning a single championship is extremely difficult and unlikely for the vast majority of F1 drivers.

He's got 3.

Back