Lewis Hamilton Turns to Gran Turismo in Formula 1's Forced Shutdown

This whole thing is just marketing.

He’s only doing it for the money. If he was doing this for real like some of the other drivers, he’d have a better rig with a DD wheel, better pedals and a better sim.

This whole thing is just marketing.

He’s only doing it for the money. If he was doing this for real like some of the other drivers, he’d have a better rig with a DD wheel, better pedals and a better sim.
Right. If he really just wanted to play GT sport, he could just enter some dailies on anonymous account, and not have photos going out to the media. PD propaganda. :lol:
Whatever. It's their prerogative, I guess.

Yeah its propaganda

If you had hundreds of millions of dollars and lived in a 12 bedroom house with a garage full of cars would you bother with anything more than a dwg or an occasional sport race?

Where I am you can still drive around in your car on a road trip as long as you're not destined to meet a crowd etc. - go for a quick blast in your mclaren pagani porsche etc.

Lewis isn't gonna beat the WR times. Lando explained it best in an article on F1.com

But such is the high level in the gaming world, it isn’t the case that a Formula 1 driver can just turn up and win all the time because of their pedigree on track in real F1 cars.

They are competing against gamers who have spent hours all day, every day, for years practising to exploit every little detail in the game in their bid to win. Some have made careers out of it.

So it’s no surprise that when Norris and Verstappen have competed in races so far in lockdown, they aren’t always winning.

“I spend hours on sim racing, but I do more on particular programmes than others,” says 20-year-old Norris. “You get some drivers who, say, on the F1 game, are extremely quick.

"They know what corners you can push the track limits, what corners you can’t, kerbs you can take, kerbs you shouldn’t take. How to maximise the car’s potential, whether it’s gearshifts, or fuel usage, or DRS usage or ERS usage.

“All of these little things, which sound quite simple, add up to quite a bit of lap time. A lot of it just begins with hours and hours and hours, days in fact, spent on the game and knowing these little things inside out and exploiting those little things. That’s just the edge they get.

https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/...-the-thrill-of-sim.lFM26RLpKxViWXTYwSz0J.html

I just pray that PD doesn't update the times in the game. I can barely get close to some of them as it is :ill:

I might be wrong but i think Ocon said that Ham does play gt sport from time to time in a anonymous account,he might not be super into it but its not just a marketing thing

I've seen all the F1 drivers being "serious racers". I'd rather see the F1 grid having fun playing something like Wreckfest.
wxl-wreckfest_66063.jpg

It might be contractual, seeing as he drives for F1 and all, he might not be allowed to enter.

Anyway, as long as he's enjoying himself 👍

I'd imagine its because he's sponsored by Gran Turismo, on his caps and all, so he can't be seen to use a different game in a public arena.

PD needs to stop putting so much effort into seat stitching we'll never see and focus on making a more serious sim like iracing/rfactor/raceroom. Obviously while still keeping the GT vibe. Lots of missed opportunity for publicity during this time with most professional drivers playing games like iracing. One can hope that GT7 will live up to the slogan "real driving simulator". Cause its definitely not that. More of an advertising machine than a simulator.

Latest Posts

Back