Lewis Hamilton Turns to Gran Turismo in Formula 1's Forced Shutdown

Long time lurker, first time poster.

I like the look of Lewis Hamilton’s monitor on his rig.
Does anyone know if a widescreen monitor is plug and play on PS4?

I didn’t think it worked on console without bands on sides of screen.
Thanks in anticipation of answer from one of the many knowledgeable members!

Last edited:
Worth noting he also set those Times the Day before the 1.57 Update dropped to prior to the Handling change.

Me personally I'm still yet to Download this but I'm doing so today to finally tackle them in my well earned down time!

So awesome to see him doing this. I'm huge Fan of his and It's always great to see.

All well and good but the stretched resolution on that widescreen monitor is jarring as hell
Why would anyone play the game like that?! I mean, I realise I'm bothered by some things that many people aren't, but I'm truly baffled by how anyone could be happy playing a driving game with the graphics stretched like that!

Why would anyone play the game like that?! I mean, I realise I'm bothered by some things that many people aren't, but I'm truly baffled by how anyone could be happy playing a driving game with the graphics stretched like that!

So is there anyway to get widescreen monitor to render properly on PS4?

So is there anyway to get widescreen monitor to render properly on PS4?
I'm not aware of any support for wider than 16:9. It would need significantly more GPU power to render the additional display area with the same quality as 16:9. A PS4 Pro would have enough power to do it at the same quality as a base PS4 does 16:9, but there might be hardware limitations that can't be overcome with software changes. I think PD would also be averse to providing a competitive advantage to people with wider screens, in the same way that they avoid a pattern shifter being able to provide a competitive advantage in sport mode.

I'm not aware of any support for wider than 16:9. It would need significantly more GPU power to render the additional display area with the same quality as 16:9. A PS4 Pro would have enough power to do it at the same quality as a base PS4 does 16:9, but there might be hardware limitations that can't be overcome with software changes. I think PD would also be averse to providing a competitive advantage to people with wider screens, in the same way that they avoid a pattern shifter being able to provide a competitive advantage in sport mode.

Fingers crossed ps5 allows widescreen then

I was wondering how come we weren't seeing our popular guys from GTsport events...guys like Fraga, Hizal and the rest, in the e-sport weekend events. And then I saw in this Hamilton article about "contractual obligations may preclude it" so that's probably why. I would have wanted to see them in the mix though.

Lewis beating his own times
JGbRJUQJnVI_tNevcCxeFwSmTaZ1ht9p13Myt1GWVU8rFk1wkzYYBKc78BQvcbgXsHiqq80ouh6YXbt0a0YQ

purely joking. I love to see that he's gotten back GTS more

Lewis beating his own times
JGbRJUQJnVI_tNevcCxeFwSmTaZ1ht9p13Myt1GWVU8rFk1wkzYYBKc78BQvcbgXsHiqq80ouh6YXbt0a0YQ

purely joking. I love to see that he's gotten back GTS more
I beat my times after the last update affected the handling of that dreadful AMG. He's not that different from the rest of us.

PD seems to be missing a trick at the moment. Lots of series running on other platforms but nothing on GT Sport which has the advantage of FIA backing.

That's because unlike the other Platforms, PD didn't put in any flexibility for it unlike everyone else. Their number 1 was the World Tour and without that, they have had nothing else to fall back on. The one huge drawback from this games singleminded focus is the lack of adaptability. Obviously for instance with the variety iRacing offers, it was always a matter of that perfect opportunity for it to really shine and it's perfectly adaptable for television (Though it helped that ironically NBC was already invested in it prior to all this so this was just a convenient situation).I'd say it's less of the typical try hard sim racer nonsense and more that GT Sport isn't flexible despite the FIA backing. You know what else has FIA backing? F1 2019. Clearly, it's less the backing and more what you can do with the platform.

Last edited:
Lewis is probably staying out of it to give other people a chance
or maybe he doesn't want to be humiliated :)
All joking aside, Id like to see Lewis and a few other real-life professional drivers join in :cheers:

PD seems to be missing a trick at the moment. Lots of series running on other platforms but nothing on GT Sport which has the advantage of FIA backing.

PD did have their own thing setup for this year that was way above what the others have produced. But that relied on real world events which simply wasn't going to happen. And with the entire company focused on the PS5 it would have taken an extraordinary effort, and delay for other projects to turn the FIA races into something else. And then we have the car problem, in the GT World there is plenty of cars, but putting up a race with manufactory drivers but not the right cars weren't going to happen. F1 drivers is not going to compete in Lewis car, to bad PD didn't make a vanilla F1 car like in the old days, and GT-Sport is stuck in 2017 with old cars, save for the Supra.. that happens to have a championship :)

When you watch the other streams it really shows just how far ahead the GTS FIA Series, 30 fps broadcast with ****** graphics, bad production on almost every race, buggy games, and when there is a studio setup it looks cheap and the production is flaky. I still think it is fun to watch but i would pick the GTS Series any day.

Back