• 47 comments

Jump_Ace

Compare Yourself To The Best Of Your Own Abilities
Staff Emeritus
United States
Portland, OR
Jump_Ace
JUMPxACE
Let's discuss the strategies on how to complete and achieve the Gold times for all the license tests. From the early reviews, the last one, S-10 is the most difficult; the Porsche 917 @ Spa in the rain.

Update: So for the last S-10 test, I just flipped on the ASM and Countersteering Assist to Strong and enabled TCS 1 to get the gold and achieve the Hard Work Pays Off trophy.

Jerome

Last edited:
Wasn't it a 917K in Steve's video?

I'll just try to gold them all and won't progress to the next one until gold is achieved.
Its one of those two! :lol: Thanks.

Jerome

Do them all after you unlock them. Try to receive gold in all of them, if you are able to do that. Then buy cars you want to have…same way with mission races.

It's simple....

Just Do It Shia GIF by MOODMAN

I am having trouble just getting bronze in S-7, managed the bronze standard in all the others but that Formula car and laguna segway and I am still 2 secons off the pace.

It doesn't help I am partially sighted with arthritus in my fingers so getting this far is somewhat an achievement but I am really going to struggle on this one.

I may have to break my own rules and turn what assists I am allowed on this one but still those times are crazy.

A10 is doing my head in, have spent over an hour trying to nail hairpin exit, but it's just not happening.
Same here. I'm at17:220 and need to be at 17:100 and it's driving me nuts. I have ALWAYS hated that turn.

For A10 do you have the brake line assistance on as you have got the giant billboard as well as the brake lines on the road as the two assistance options.

I think I had issues with it but the ones I don't like are the dirt ones.

For A10 do you have the brake line assistance on as you have got the giant billboard as well as the brake lines on the road as the two assistance options.

No line indicators at the moment, next time I try it though I will put all the visual aids on.

A10 is doing my head in, have spent over an hour trying to nail hairpin exit, but it's just not happening.
Me to. That’s been very frustrating to get, only a Silver for me so far. Car just doesn’t want to turn in to the apex so you can floor the throttle.

Anyone got any tips?

I gave up after 1/2 hour

Me to. That’s been very frustrating to get, only a Silver for me so far. Car just doesn’t want to turn in to the apex so you can floor the throttle.

Anyone got any tips?

I gave up after 1/2 hour
This is A-9, not A-10. I agree I am having the worst time getting the car to turn. I got to within .297 and I can't get closer.

On dirt turn early and try not to slide too much, it’s all about keeping the traction going.

Yay got up early with a pounding headache and went on to see if I could progress any more.

Watched the video again for S7, realised that the video for gold must be somebody manually shifting which I can't do but took some pointers and went again.

Finally after another 90 mins I managed to smash my previous best and was 1.3 seconds the minimum for bronze.

So onto S10 and after a few goes managed to get round almost (binned it twice on the final chicane) got round and was 3 secs under the bronze limit.

So now have my super car liscense, the car dealership offered me a shiny "limited edition" super car (will look it up later) and I spent 1.3 million of my pre-order money on it, but its very nice and shiny.

Any hoo off to Florida tomorrow and so will be back in 3 weeks, have fun all.

Last edited:
Hey
Does anyone know where to see a ranking of all of those times? Like a ranking showing on the right side of the screen in „menu“? Im missing it so much comparing the different times!

Last edited:
Yay got up early with a pounding headache and went on to see if I could progress any more.

Watched the video again for S7, realised that the video for gold must be somebody manually shifting which I can't do but took some pointers and went again.

Finally after another 90 mins I managed to smash my previous best and was 1.3 seconds the minimum for bronze.

So onto S10 and after a few goes managed to get round almost (binned it twice on the final chicane) got round and was 3 secs under the bronze limit.

So now have my super car liscense, the car dealership offered me a shiny "limited edition" super car (will look it up later) and I spent 1.3 million of my pre-order money on it, but its very nice and shiny.

Any hoo off to Florida tomorrow and so will be back in 3 weeks, have fun all.
Those cars have ridiculous downforce and brakes so you just have to throw it into the slower corners and trust it'll make it.

I was losing a fair bit of time in turns 4 and 5, until I just went for it and was able to attack the corner and carry the speed.

Also, because the brakes are so good you can barrel into the corkscrew and leave it ridiculously late...which will gain you time.

I still haven't got gold, but I'm hundredths away.

Last edited:
I got gold on all the license last night… S-10 took me 2 hours and some change… I cried, yelled and thought of very bad thoughts during the process. God bless y’all heart trying to to do S-10… I’m on a Thrustmaster T300 with clutch and TH8A shifter… if I can tell you how many times I miss shifted this car smh 🤦‍♂️.. I had to throw on TCS for the last high speed sector for I had no clue where the water was and kept sliding all over. Good luck to all!!

2F39CA81-9302-41D1-942F-DED5CCD441C3.jpeg

Attachments

• 88022363-892D-4FC9-80BD-9899C5D4F32E.jpeg
    88022363-892D-4FC9-80BD-9899C5D4F32E.jpeg
    92.6 KB · Views: 14
Can someone here confirm that I'm not insane in saying that Suzuka Sector 1 in Circuit Experience is more difficult to Gold than License S-10.

For A-10, remember the Supra doesn't like 2nd gear. Also it's a heavy FR car so it absolutely wants you to kick that rear end out just a little bit.

A-9 is the first test I've had trouble getting gold in. Going by the mileage counter I would estimate I tried it about 60 times and still can't get below 17.44! There was no other test where it took more than about 10 tries. Maybe I'll attempt with the joystick tomorrow. I've always used the directional pad since the first GT. I watched the demonstration and I can tell what difference a driving wheel makes. It just doesn't handle like that with the d-pad.

Any other suggestions would be appreciated.

Let's discuss the strategies on how to complete and achieve the Gold times for all the license tests. From the early reviews, the last one, S-10 is the most difficult; the Porsche 917 @ Spa in the rain.

Update: So for the last S-10 test, I just flipped on the ASM and Countersteering Assist to Strong and enabled TCS 1 to get the gold and achieve the Hard Work Pays Off trophy.

Jerome
Many thanks Jerome for the tip for the S-10 test :cheers:, I just got Gold after a few hours on this test 🙂.

Can someone here confirm that I'm not insane in saying that Suzuka Sector 1 in Circuit Experience is more difficult to Gold than License S-10.
Have to disagree, suzuka sector 1 was a little bit hard, but nothing compared to S-10 i would say. I think i did it in the 5th try or something around that. S-10 costs me 1.5 hours.

Don't chance anything,
Just keep try repeat, I find track condition will change and car condition will improve when your millage raised 100km or more.

I ran 100km in S10, the track get more traction and let me finished as 2:24

One more.... S7 is difficult to me due to I using Game pad and my reaction are slow, I ran over 300 to 500 km, the formula car get better acceleration, this noticeable on Turn 1 to 3. And The track from Noon to dusk due to long stay.

Last edited:
Back