License Test Strategies

• Thread starter Jump_Ace
  • 47 comments
I am having trouble just getting bronze in S-7, managed the bronze standard in all the others but that Formula car and laguna segway and I am still 2 secons off the pace.

It doesn't help I am partially sighted with arthritus in my fingers so getting this far is somewhat an achievement but I am really going to struggle on this one.

I may have to break my own rules and turn what assists I am allowed on this one but still those times are crazy.
Same(except for the artritus part)

The F1 reacts really nasty to curbs and bumps, on the contrary, it gets better and better in the corners the faster and cleaner you can take them.
It generates a multiple of downforce for every km/h you throw cleanly into a corner.
Try to drive it "conservatively" but as fast as you possibly can. And very importantly, in good time before turning into a curve, off the brake, it tends to push something over the wheels quickly.

Thought i'd post this here, FFWD to Blanchimont, the absolute MOTHER of all saves. This was a 4 seconds off gold i think so not too bad for now but holy moly did my butt pucker at blanchimont.

I got gold on all the license last night… S-10 took me 2 hours and some change… I cried, yelled and thought of very bad thoughts during the process. God bless y’all heart trying to to do S-10… I’m on a Thrustmaster T300 with clutch and TH8A shifter… if I can tell you how many times I miss shifted this car smh 🤦‍♂️.. I had to throw on TCS for the last high speed sector for I had no clue where the water was and kept sliding all over. Good luck to all!!

View attachment 1121132
Excellent work lol I had to put away the wheel and hop onto the controller for that one. I just couldn’t go fast enough on the wheel.

I am getting desperate - I have managed a time of 29.029 seconds on A10, and I cannot go any quicker.

I have watched dozens of YouTube guides,but I can't t go any quicker.

I play using a controller, and I think what kills my chances is exiting the hairpin - no matter what I do, when I accelerate, the ghosts zoom past me like I'm stationary.

I just don't know what to do to get Gold.

I'm getting better on A10 - my best time is 29.010...so, so close!

I'm not sure if I can beat that! I don't think I have the skill to get gold :(.

Last edited:
No, mate - it's the Supra RZ on Autopolis.

Really tricky test!
If I remember correctly I was able to make up most of the time by being more careful and tighter initially and exiting the last corner in an extended arc but with a quick exit.

Add my two cents to the A10 license test, it works best for me to be as smooth as possible in the tight turns in beginning, you can lose plenty of time there scrubbing off speed in the turns if not smooth.

Here's a tip I've used for many GT games...
As soon as the license test starts... Stop and carefully do a U-Turn (to avoid a reset) and drive the track a few laps, turn around and drive back. By then you should have the feel for the track and the car. Go get your gold.
I gave my wife that tip and she is getting all gold in GT Sport and GT 7.

Thank you to all of you for your help, and advice - I finally, FINALLY got gold on A-10 (28.838).

I really appreciate all your advice - I was stuck on trying to get gold on that one for weeks, and I honestly thought I'd never get it!

I could use lots of help on IA 10, Only test I haven't gotten gold on besides the S tests. The car is so slidy and unstable. I tried with CT on 1 and off, but have only gotten silver in what must be hundreds of tries! I'm on ps4 controller but I do have a T150. I am not as good on the wheel but maybe it's time. Anyway any tips would help. I've seen a bunch of online videos but I still am not getting it.

EDIT: I DID IT!

Last edited:
I could use lots of help on IA 10, Only test I haven't gotten gold on besides the S tests. The car is so slidy and unstable. I tried with CT on 1 and off, but have only gotten silver in what must be hundreds of tries! I'm on ps4 controller but I do have a T150. I am not as good on the wheel but maybe it's time. Anyway any tips would help. I've seen a bunch of online videos but I still am not getting it.
The test is something special, because here you should learn what real precision is in the limit area, and you have been given a very sensitive but powerful car.
There are several points that you need here.. You have to learn step by step where the limits of the tires are, at which speeds and steering angles the grip breaks down. It is important to understand that your car builds up and moves a lot of G forces due to its high weight. Try to brake a little earlier but much more gently, this keeps the car more stable overall and the weight transfer is not sooo high. As a result, the front tires are not overloaded too much and at the same time the rear tires have too little load. At the same time, many drivers have found that it is helpful here to drive with a manual transmission and a higher gear.

Thought i'd post this here, FFWD to Blanchimont, the absolute MOTHER of all saves. This was a 4 seconds off gold i think so not too bad for now but holy moly did my butt pucker at blanchimont.

The driver view makes it look nice and relaxed, one hand on the wheel.

Back