Licenses - Why so poo?

  • Thread starter Thread starter kateNwilly
  • 40 comments
  • 3,156 views
Messages
74
Managed to rack up around 200 cars and reach level 29 (15 B Spec) so in terms of being able to drive on the game I can't be THAT bad...

With that said every time I give one of these licenses a go the best I get is around silver/bronze - Only gained around 2 or 3 golds (although I'm only two into the A licence).

I mean really =/ What more could you do in a 20mph mini.
 
Im the same mate ... thing is people replay them until they get the gold before moving on whereas our type of gaming is yes ive got bronze... NEXT :)

Ive gone back and improved a few but you have to keep replaying each one until you know it inside out really 👍

Apparently people who have the wheel can do everything because 'theyre better than everyone else' so try using a wheel ... ill stick to my DS3 :sly:
 
the most hilarious part is that the S-license is basicly the easiest of them all
 
Granted xD
Would be nice to receive a little more xp for them though...

Incidentaly - Those videos are fantastic, must have been a lot of work that went into those thank you very much 👍
 
Im the same mate ... thing is people replay them until they get the gold before moving on whereas our type of gaming is yes ive got bronze... NEXT :)

Ive gone back and improved a few but you have to keep replaying each one until you know it inside out really 👍

Apparently people who have the wheel can do everything because 'theyre better than everyone else' so try using a wheel ... ill stick to my DS3 :sly:

Now you can adjust the sensetivity of the controller if you downloaded the 1.06 patch the advantage of using a wheel is now very minimal.:sly:
 
the most hilarious part is that the S-license is basicly the easiest of them all

Agreed, especially when it hypes you up to expect it to be really hard by saying "this is the hardest of them all" or something like that.

Op if you're using a controller setting sensitivity to 7 worked for me, i made a new account and got gold on everything in 2 days and i don't consider myself a great driver.
 
Now you can adjust the sensetivity of the controller if you downloaded the 1.06 patch the advantage of using a wheel is now very minimal.:sly:

True :) cant say ive tried it yet but i suppose it should be the same 👍
 
Managed to rack up around 200 cars and reach level 29 (15 B Spec) so in terms of being able to drive on the game I can't be THAT bad..
With respect, Aspec and Bspec are very easy and especially so when compared to previous titles in the GT series, plus GT5 licenses are also easily the easiest yet... just saying and many will agree.

License tests are a different ballgame in terms of difficulty, approach and the AI. Some require skill others patience and a few ... a lot of both. They can be quite repetitive but I am by no means alone in golding them with a DS3.

Look upon them as unique and individual challenges, some of which are actually very good training exercises. Just keep at it, improving slowly at first and it will all come together.

There are a few toughies eg IC-10 which have been discussed at length in other threads and where you can find tips on setups etc via searching.

Good luck.
 
Managed to rack up around 200 cars and reach level 29 (15 B Spec) so in terms of being able to drive on the game I can't be THAT bad...

With that said every time I give one of these licenses a go the best I get is around silver/bronze - Only gained around 2 or 3 golds (although I'm only two into the A licence).

I mean really =/ What more could you do in a 20mph mini.

Well, not to question your skills (for real), but beating the a-spec is easier than licenses. Mostly because people (me incl, I admit) tend to use cars that are slightly (or a lot) better the AI, making it easy to win.

In licenses you'll have to do it what you're given(one specific stock car). And there isn't much room for error in most of them. In the licenses it all comes to nearing perfection when it comes to driving the right lines. In races, you get to spin out and still be able to win.

But anyway, you don't have to them. Unlike in previous GT's, it's not required to do the licenses to unlock races.
 
Never said they were particularly difficult, only that it does require a certain amount knowledge to get through them (which was the original point).
Following on from that though...

*Looks at screen*
- Start? IC-10 -

Oooooo dear D=
 
I forget which one I'm stuck at, it's an early one, the final race on a city track.... every time I get hit by an AI car which gets me disqualified!! That aint right!!
 
Never said they were particularly difficult, only that it does require a certain amount knowledge to get through them (which was the original point). Following on from that though...

*Looks at screen*
- Start? IC-10 -

Oooooo dear D=
And the point we were making is that 'certain amount of knowledge' required is low.

btw; IC-10 is probably the hardest licence test in GT5, IB is a lot easier.
 
When I first got the game, I did the first few licenses with the DS3... then hooked up a wheel and did the rest. I got gold on the first 2 or 3 series, then silvers, and then mostly bronze on the IA and super licenses. Months later, I decided to go back and try and better the bronze ones. I was lazy and didn't hook up the wheel, but lo and behold, I managed to easily get silver with the DS3.

The key is that after months of playing, I've learned every track, and the nuances of the different cars. So when I went back to the licenses, it was easy, even with the DS3. A few more months, then I can go back and try and get gold :D

But yes, if it's frustrating and difficult, just put them aside for a while; when you come back to them, you will have gained some knowledge and experience from the rest of the game.
 
I've been slowly chipping away at getting silvers and golds. Bronze is easy on most. It takes time and lots of repeated tries. I have alternating between the ds3 and my wheel...some seem to be easier with one vs the other.
 
I'm getting more golds on mine. I found that turning OFF the traction control helps a lot. I try it with manual and auto trans and can't seem to find what one works best.
 
I managed to gold all the licenses with a DS3 (Using only ABS in Auto) before the controller sensitivity option was introduced (which I still see no need for tbh) (I recently did a few events with the wheel and I did manage a few faster times!)

Like has been said there is some need for repetition, but I think licenses such as Indy with that Nissan & the FR Slalom with that Lexus where probably the harder ones.

On some tests I found you just need to barge your way through, such as that one at the end of Tokyo in those slow hybrids, just push the Prius out the way lol! :P

Golding the licenses is a good thing to achieve as they force you to try new lines, which can help in overtaking manouvers etc. in online racing, things like the Pug at Tsukuba, the Integra at Autumn Ring & the Swift at Deep Forest. The S-License is very useful aswell I feel, as if you hit the other cars you will be disqualified, but like in online racing you have no idea what others are going to do next, so that helps you learn where you can position your car etc. (I know they can hit you and you can get DQ'd which I know is frustrating but you'll get past it! :P)

Only thing about the licenses is the addition of that restart confirmation box, I bet that'll wind a few people up whom are going for golds.

Oh also, aswell as the licenses, go and gold Special Event Grand Tour at Eiger, that'll teach you to take new lines aswell! :P
 
I have either silver or gold in my licences, but to me there just pointless, in no way have they changed my driving style at all when on the track, 90% of the races in this game are so easy you don't need to perfect anything, but that said they are good if you want to better yourself or if your new to the game.

I have been playing GT from the first day it got released and 5 has got the be the easiest by far inc the licences,, hence why I don't bother putting to work in any more its a case of got silver yeah that will do, the A1`s have always been lazy but in this game they don't even what I would call race they just drive around the track with no sort of emergence at all, not even sure if they have been programmed to know that they are even in a race

It depends a lot on what sort of driver you are, if like me you like to win fairly IE correct bhp/weights/tyres etc and not hit any cars on your way round, the licences are more of a personal challenge or in my case use to be, but if you play GT5 as the game lends its self to be played IE bumper cars just bouncing of the A1`s with little to no consequence in an over power car then I would not even bother with the licences in this game , unlike other Gt`s in the series you don't even need them for anything other than personal gain.
 
^^^^^^

Personally, I think the AMG event helped me improve my driving the most. Nurburgring really teaches you a thing or two about hitting the apexes and maximizing corner exit speed.
 
I managed to gold all the licenses with a DS3 (Using only ABS in Auto) before the controller sensitivity option was introduced (which I still see no need for tbh) (I recently did a few events with the wheel and I did manage a few faster times!)

Like has been said there is some need for repetition, but I think licenses such as Indy with that Nissan & the FR Slalom with that Lexus where probably the harder ones.

On some tests I found you just need to barge your way through, such as that one at the end of Tokyo in those slow hybrids, just push the Prius out the way lol! :P

Golding the licenses is a good thing to achieve as they force you to try new lines, which can help in overtaking manouvers etc. in online racing, things like the Pug at Tsukuba, the Integra at Autumn Ring & the Swift at Deep Forest. The S-License is very useful aswell I feel, as if you hit the other cars you will be disqualified, but like in online racing you have no idea what others are going to do next, so that helps you learn where you can position your car etc. (I know they can hit you and you can get DQ'd which I know is frustrating but you'll get past it! :P)

Only thing about the licenses is the addition of that restart confirmation box, I bet that'll wind a few people up whom are going for golds.

Oh also, aswell as the licenses, go and gold Special Event Grand Tour at Eiger, that'll teach you to take new lines aswell! :P

Any tips on the Nissan at Indianapolis test? It's driving me (get it?) insane. I've managed to get silver but I'm nowhere near to getting gold.
 
Any tips on the Nissan at Indianapolis test? It's driving me (get it?) insane. I've managed to get silver but I'm nowhere near to getting gold.
Yeah that test is a real b*tch, took me about 60-70 tries I think, was one of the last license tests I needed to gold.

A few tips are; don't be afraid to powersteer, try to push the car further then you think is possible, come in at a wide angle in the second corner.
 
I mainly just used youtube videos to help me with it, but mainly it is just repetition. I think firstly you have to carry as much pace through the first corner as you can by sliding the car a bit, and then you have to get over to the left for a wide entry into corner one and then try to run through straight-ish towards the last corner, and then just try and keep it tight whilst still getting on the power early.

Youtube vids all the way lol :P
 
The AMG challenge in Begineers where you drive Sector 4 of Nurburgring with the white car
will teach you to be Jeff Gordon.

Haven't gotten gold on that one, but now I can pull good corner speed in every corners almost every time lol.
 
Yeh that does give you a good idea of the kind of speed you take through corners and how to carry speed through.

I've just been back through A & B Licenses and done them again (Now as I'm driving with a wheel & with ABS off) and I've knocked off, in some cases, a tenth or two! The Rome test in the Alfa Romeo I golded with the DS3, I beat the time again with a wheel when I first got it, and I did it again today, shifted into third a bit too early (thinking I'd lose time) and I went even faster lol!

Same with that Mazda6 at Rome etc. Going to carry on going through improving my times, skipping the ones I hated of course lol!
 
Well, not to question your skills (for real), but beating the a-spec is easier than licenses. Mostly because people (me incl, I admit) tend to use cars that are slightly (or a lot) better the AI, making it easy to win.

In licenses you'll have to do it what you're given(one specific stock car). And there isn't much room for error in most of them. In the licenses it all comes to nearing perfection when it comes to driving the right lines. In races, you get to spin out and still be able to win.

But anyway, you don't have to them. Unlike in previous GT's, it's not required to do the licenses to unlock races.

This is actually why i'm not a higher level than i would be otherwise, i tend to put myself at a disadvantage, like for the beginner FR race sine the beginner races are so easy i wound up going with my miata with less than half the horsepower (i also did that because my friend said it would be impossible haha).

But the license tests do take some work. Some i was able to gold in one or a few tries, but most i had to keep trying until i was able to shave off the time necessary.
 
But anyway, you don't have to them. Unlike in previous GT's, it's not required to do the licenses to unlock races

Only skimmed so missed this comment but I totally wish that you had to do the licenses to get certain events, for example, you unlock all of the normal events by getting either all silver or all bronze, but if you get all gold in the licenses then I would like to see some special events that are a lot harder than the traditional A Spec events. For example, we are given a set range of cars with a set range of tyres etc. against opponents that have slightly better cars than you that you can only win by really properly driving the car. A slightly improved AI would be nice ... And if you win you get a higher payout for credits and XP than any A Spec race, that rewards and gives a reason to getting all golds in the licenses.
 
Here' my strategy for golding them:
If you try and focus really hard to get gold, you might get it; but if you start to rely on instinct and do it with less focus your odds are probably much higher. I had a heck of a time until I started watching TV while I was doing them. The TV distracted me enough that failure didn't matter anymore and eventually I golded every single one within a couple of days. Calm and collected. Calm and collected.
 
I just completed my personal challenge: ALL GOLD on EVERYTHING. What did I get as a reward? - NOTHING

I beat them all on my Dualshock 3

Does anybody know if you actually get anything for this?
 
this was the best my forum searching skills could do for me...

in a cruel twist of fate, my best run at the Tsukuba National B test was 18.901 seconds - 1/1000th away from a gold license. This is the only gold I can't get on the Nat. B license test, are there any settings I can make adjustments to?

I'm already running controller input at 7. Tried turning ABS off but didn't really help.

Sorry if this is addressed in the video links but can't watch the vids at work right now. Any help is appreciated.
 
Back