Licenses - Why so poo?

  • Thread starter Thread starter kateNwilly
  • 40 comments
  • 3,156 views
I just completed my personal challenge: ALL GOLD on EVERYTHING. What did I get as a reward? - NOTHING

I beat them all on my Dualshock 3

Does anybody know if you actually get anything for this?

You get a nice and shinny trophy? Also yo get best a different cars for getting gold on licences and special events.
 
I just went back for my gold S license this weekend, as my original run was one try each and taking what I got, and they made it way easier. Hitting other cars no longer fails the run. I had gone through about half the tests, getting gold by the third run, when I accidentally hit the brakes way too late and hammered the cars going into the turn. I was very surprised when it didn't DQ, but the clock kept going. It was a one run per license aggressive streak after that :)
 
Last edited:
The only tests I had trouble golding were the 370Z at Indy and the IS-F at Le Mans. After a while, I got them. I got all golds using a automatic too. I can only imagine how much easier they are with a manual.
 
I just went back for my gold S license this weekend, as my original run was one try each and taking what I got, and they made it way easier. Hitting other cars no longer fails the run. I had gone through about half the tests, getting gold by the third run, when I accidentally hit the brakes way too late and hammered the cars going into the turn. I was very surprised when it didn't DQ, but the clock kept going. It was a one run per license aggressive streak after that :)

So I was right in thinking you got a DQ for these when the game came out?

I'd silvered & bronzed most of them and wasn't that bothered about going back but then my bro said they were easy, so I aced the lot with 2 tries max. I remember feeling embarrassed I'd not done better first time around
 
I just went back for my gold S license this weekend, as my original run was one try each and taking what I got, and they made it way easier. Hitting other cars no longer fails the run. I had gone through about half the tests, getting gold by the third run, when I accidentally hit the brakes way too late and hammered the cars going into the turn. I was very surprised when it didn't DQ, but the clock kept going. It was a one run per license aggressive streak after that :)

I didn't know they changed that. I thought I got lucky the second time going for all the golds. There were a couple times I was sure I was going to get DQ'ed.
 
I just went back for my gold S license this weekend, as my original run was one try each and taking what I got, and they made it way easier. Hitting other cars no longer fails the run. I had gone through about half the tests, getting gold by the third run, when I accidentally hit the brakes way too late and hammered the cars going into the turn. I was very surprised when it didn't DQ, but the clock kept going. It was a one run per license aggressive streak after that :)

I still treated it like it was before the update. Felt like cheating otherwise. That said, the S-license was surprisingly easy.
 
Yeah, I didn't go after the impact too much, but I definitely didn't second guess going in hard to pass.
 
With respect, Aspec and Bspec are very easy and especially so when compared to previous titles in the GT series, plus GT5 licenses are also easily the easiest yet... just saying and many will agree.

License tests are a different ballgame in terms of difficulty, approach and the AI. Some require skill others patience and a few ... a lot of both. They can be quite repetitive but I am by no means alone in golding them with a DS3.

Look upon them as unique and individual challenges, some of which are actually very good training exercises. Just keep at it, improving slowly at first and it will all come together.

There are a few toughies eg IC-10 which have been discussed at length in other threads and where you can find tips on setups etc via searching.

Good luck.

Funny thing is, there are some licenses in the first set, that I cannot get Gold in, after maybe 50, 60 or even more tries... that's both with a wheel/pedals and the DS3, yet IC-10, I did within 10 attempts using the DS3.

I can't understand it, how some easy ones can feel so downright impossible... drove me mad.
 
the most hilarious part is that the S-license is basicly the easiest of them all

i found it silly that there is forced srf in those tests... really really weird imho
 
4 licences took me more than 30 minutes to gold (using sixaxis):
Nissan 370Z on Indy;
Nissan Skyline on Sarthe (Indianapolis section);
BMW Series 1 Concept on Nurburgring (Schumacher S);
Renault Megane on Nurburgring (the Dunlop curve).

Rest were pretty easy.
My strategy for golding them is improve my driving lines, work out how I'll go through the quickest possible path.
 
Back