lightings

  • Thread starter Thread starter Mivec
  • 22 comments
  • 1,217 views
Messages
4
i love the interior lightings of the 2f2f's nissan skyline.what brand are those lights?are they the thinner rod lights?they even have the short small ones..which i ain't able to find..where can i find it?
 
There just interior neons. I'd say check APC first then go to Eurolite, Street Glow, Low Glow, or try Lite Glow. I'm sure someone will have em. And if all else fails check eBay.
 
I'd go with Street Glow first, they usually have what you're looking for and it's been my experience that they're the only ones with any quality behind them. You can also check out computer case modding websites, since a computer's power supply runs 12VDC like a car.
 
I'd still say check APC just because all there crap was used in the movie
 
Street glow is very good. You can get some really cool effects if you put neon lighting inside of your air vents. It sounds stupid, but it actually looks very good.
 
OK...........the thread is really old but I didnt wana start a new one........but I have a question on cars neons......

I want to get a set of under car neons (or those cool LED ones) to fit to my Vauxhall Corsa 2004.

I was wondering.......Is it possible to fit under car neons safely WITHOUT having to drill into any of the body work?

I dont know if there is any adheasive / bonder or 3M tape that will properly secure it........is there anyway of maybe using exsisting holes with cable ties to secure them?

If anyone has got a Corsa, or has installed under car neons could they give me any hints and tips as my car is bacially new and still under warranty......

Preferably ones that ensure that my neons suddenly dont get crushed through my back wheel as they fall off! :lol:

Any help would be great........thanks

Robin :)
 
Robin 2223
OK...........the thread is really old but I didnt wana start a new one........but I have a question on cars neons......

I want to get a set of under car neons (or those cool LED ones) to fit to my Vauxhall Corsa 2004.

Two questions (well, three).

1. Why? To draw attention to the fact you drive a Corsa?

2. You ARE aware that they're illegal for road use, right?
 
Since the topic is lighting, I'll join in the fun. Is there a parts catalog that would sell an interior dome light lens(cover) for a 1960 Biscayne? I'd try Ebay, but I don't want to pay out the @$$.
 
Robin: Zip ties work well if you really tighten em down really good and there are holes to put them in. I can't think of any other none drilling methods.

Menglan: Try Year One maybe? Or I know JcWhitney sells OEM parts.
 
Yeah, I was going to recommend Year One. They started out doing Mopar parts but I think they do a lot of other stuff. There's another company that does a lot of reproduction A-body stuff but their name escapes me at the moment.

See if Hemmings Motor News has a website, or pick up a copy at Borders. They probably have a lot of adds for parts houses.
 
Thanks guys, I'll give it a look-see. 👍 :)

Edit: Harmon's has what I'm looking for. They're a good place to go for old Chevy parts.
 
Famine
1. Why? To draw attention to the fact you drive a Corsa?
2. You ARE aware that they're illegal for road use, right?

1. Firstly its a brand new 2004 black facelift SXi with an Irmscher kit which I'm really happy to have seeing as its my first car when other people I know that are 18 are driving 10 year old micra's, If I want to draw attention to the fact I think its a great car then I can.......what car do you drive?

2. Yes I am aware......................

BlazinXtreme
Robin: Zip ties work well if you really tighten em down really good and there are holes to put them in. I can't think of any other none drilling methods.

Thanks for the info :) 👍 , I was trying to look for some exsisting holes in the chassis and there are few but at odd distances apart.......Im sure if I found a way to Zip tie them in place then they wouldnt fall off, I could use the ties along with maybe 3M tape just to make double sure that they dont come off. As you said most of these kits assume that you wont mind drilling into your body work. Does it actually matter if they are not parallel with the car sides?......because surely the light diffuses everwhere......if they are slanted to take advantages of holes to secure them do you think that it will make any difference to the lighting?

Robin
 
Robin 2223
1. Firstly its a brand new 2004 black facelift SXi with an Irmscher kit which I'm really happy to have seeing as its my first car when other people I know that are 18 are driving 10 year old micra's, If I want to draw attention to the fact I think its a great car then I can.......what car do you drive?

2. Yes I am aware......................

Lordy it gets worse...

It's your FIRST car. Don't go throwing money away needlessly on pointless tat (and I HOPE you didn't pay for that extra Irmscher stuff). It doesn't matter if it's a 1994 plate or a 2005 superduperhuperturbo with sprinkles - it's still a Vauxhall Corsa. Entry level to the Vauxhall range, designed to fit one person, three passengers and some shopping in relative comfort, made easy to park and with economy in mind (both for the owner and the manufacturer).

Putting neons or LEDs onto it would be a waste of money. It'll make the MaxPower crowd swoon, but anyone who actually matters would either not notice it or chortle* copiously.

I'm pleased you like it. I'm happy for you that you've got a relatively new car as your first one, of which you should rightfully be proud. But for Zarquon's sakes don't go silly with it - it's a Corsa.

My car can be found on this site with relatively little effort. Search the GTP Member's Cars thread. Not that it matters in the slightest - I could drive an F16 or a rusty Nova and my advice would still be sound. Save your cash for a BETTER car down the line, or you'll be stuck with small hatchbacks for the rest of your driving life.


Oh, police now have powers to crush cars found driving with illegal modifications. Do you want your 2004 black facelift SXi with Irmscher kit to end up in a cube?


*It appears that a word meaning "laugh like Muttley", which begins with an s and contains a derogatory term for black people in its spelling is actually censored... So "chortle" has been substituted... Gah!
 
Robin 2223
1. Firstly its a brand new 2004 black facelift SXi with an Irmscher kit.


Where you in Beaconsfield this morning?
 
DQuaN
Where you in Beaconsfield this morning?

Um, where's Beaconsfield! No I wasn't.......there are many black Corsa's around I see one just like mine nearly everyday.....
 
Thanks for the info , I was trying to look for some exsisting holes in the chassis and there are few but at odd distances apart.......Im sure if I found a way to Zip tie them in place then they wouldnt fall off, I could use the ties along with maybe 3M tape just to make double sure that they dont come off. As you said most of these kits assume that you wont mind drilling into your body work. Does it actually matter if they are not parallel with the car sides?......because surely the light diffuses everwhere......if they are slanted to take advantages of holes to secure them do you think that it will make any difference to the lighting?

Just find a way to keep the lights tucked up out of site, it looks really bad to have them hanging below the body work. It shouldn't matter where they are but the light won'
t defuse as much as you think, if you mount them futher in the light intensity will be greater there.

Double sided tape will work ok, but you are going to want zip ties as well. Double sided tape wears out fast. Also I assume it snows and gets cold in England, so when winter comes around take the lights off or they will be broken come spring time.
 
Robin 2223
Um, where's Beaconsfield! No I wasn't.......there are many black Corsa's around I see one just like mine nearly everyday.....

How about going the whole hog and getting an exhaust the size of a dustbin to release that precious extra 3 hp ? or how about the kits that inject petrol into the exhaust for the batmobile effect flamethrower ?

Its still a birds shopping trolley.
 
Famine

*It appears that a word meaning "laugh like Muttley", which begins with an s and contains a derogatory term for black people in its spelling is actually censored... So "chortle" has been substituted... Gah!
So what if you type 's*****'?
(*drumhit*)

edit: Curses, my groan inducing humour has been crippled. Who writes these filters?
I used an S followed by the rap music slang variation of the original racial slur. Laugh, damn you!
 
O/T, but my school cafeteria used to sell little chocolate chip sized microcookies called Chortles. They were freaking good!
 
Pooh_Bare
How about going the whole hog and getting an exhaust the size of a dustbin to release that precious extra 3 hp ? or how about the kits that inject petrol into the exhaust for the batmobile effect flamethrower ?

Its still a birds shopping trolley.

Harsh...



Bwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahahahaha!
 
:odd: ........


Guess all you guys have Ferrari's then!
 
Oh jeez...

Famine
Lordy it gets worse...

It's your FIRST car. Don't go throwing money away needlessly on pointless tat (and I HOPE you didn't pay for that extra Irmscher stuff). It doesn't matter if it's a 1994 plate or a 2005 superduperhuperturbo with sprinkles - it's still a Vauxhall Corsa. Entry level to the Vauxhall range, designed to fit one person, three passengers and some shopping in relative comfort, made easy to park and with economy in mind (both for the owner and the manufacturer).

Putting neons or LEDs onto it would be a waste of money. It'll make the MaxPower crowd swoon, but anyone who actually matters would either not notice it or chortle* copiously.

I'm pleased you like it. I'm happy for you that you've got a relatively new car as your first one, of which you should rightfully be proud. But for Zarquon's sakes don't go silly with it - it's a Corsa.

My car can be found on this site with relatively little effort. Search the GTP Member's Cars thread. Not that it matters in the slightest - I could drive an F16 or a rusty Nova and my advice would still be sound. Save your cash for a BETTER car down the line, or you'll be stuck with small hatchbacks for the rest of your driving life.


Oh, police now have powers to crush cars found driving with illegal modifications. Do you want your 2004 black facelift SXi with Irmscher kit to end up in a cube?
 
Robin 2223
:odd: ........


Guess all you guys have Ferrari's then!

Nope a company repmobile -

but then i am driving 50,000 miles per year on our poorly maintained highways and with the current low standard of driving skills (tailgating, undertaking, inappropriate use of foglights etc etc) I'm happy to have someone else paying my insurance and servicing costs.

I don't understand though why you would want to attract the old bills attention though ?????
 
Back