Limited Slip Differential question.

• Thread starter SkylineR88
  • 11 comments
I do not see that setting.

22792368_1853073781373805_669015692221041329_o.jpg

thanks cocoflowa but he said below the LSD setttings. As you can see there is nothing but Transmissions below it. Unless its the LSD Initial Torque you are referring to.

Last edited:
Can someone explain in layman's term what the individual LSD settings do? MIN and MAX

Initial tq - higher the number = the quicker it locks and makes both wheels spin at the same time?

Can someone explain in layman's term what the individual LSD settings do? MIN and MAX

Initial tq - higher the number = the quicker it locks and makes both wheels spin at the same time?

What I think it is, is...
Initial Torque - Diff sensitivity, higher values make it go from open diff to whatever the setting is quicker
Accel - how much rotation difference it will allow between wheels under power
Decel - Same as above, while slowing

A good mod for DS4 users is to reduce Accel and Initial Torque a little bit to make it less oversteery, at the expensive of high speed turning where the rear wheels slipping would rotate the car. This helps low / mid speed usability. Some cars need it more than others.

I messed around with the GTR real quick and I've gotten it to the point where I can get the tail around like a Rear drive car when I want to (or when I make a mistake like getting on the throttle too hard mid turn).

Keep in mind, I'm using a DS4 controller with Traction Control OFF, ASM OFF, Countersteering OFF, and ABS on WEAK.

I've uploaded 2 pics of the tuning setup, hopefully they show up.

Attachments

• PS_Messages_20171030_165525.jpg
    PS_Messages_20171030_165525.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 216
  • PS_Messages_20171030_165522.jpg
    PS_Messages_20171030_165522.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 211
I messed around with the GTR real quick and I've gotten it to the point where I can get the tail around like a Rear drive car when I want to (or when I make a mistake like getting on the throttle too hard mid turn).

Keep in mind, I'm using a DS4 controller with Traction Control OFF, ASM OFF, Countersteering OFF, and ABS on WEAK.

I've uploaded 2 pics of the tuning setup, hopefully they show up.

Personally, I'd always have decel at min on the front of FWD/4WD... it just creates entry understeer.

Also, unless a car really over rotates on entry (ie; wants to spin off the power whilst turning), I'd would also set LSD decel at min on the rear... typically, you only need decel above minimum on rear engined cars, or some mid engined cars that have very high rotation on entry.

Try setting them to min and you'll go faster.

Personally, I'd always have decel at min on the front of FWD/4WD... it just creates entry understeer.

Also, unless a car really over rotates on entry (ie; wants to spin off the power whilst turning), I'd would also set LSD decel at min on the rear... typically, you only need decel above minimum on rear engined cars, or some mid engined cars that have very high rotation on entry.

Try setting them to min and you'll go faster.

Thanks man, that actually reinforces what I just discovered last night. I won the Civic as a prize car and ended up with all the LSD settings on minimum (5 across the board I think) after messing with it for a while.

After dropping those down and making some suspension changes, the car ended up being very fun and fast for a standard car

Thanks man, that actually reinforces what I just discovered last night. I won the Civic as a prize car and ended up with all the LSD settings on minimum (5 across the board I think) after messing with it for a while.

After dropping those down and making some suspension changes, the car ended up being very fun and fast for a standard car
Technically you want a higher accel setting, over 30 for a fwd! To allow the outer wheel to move faster during cornering. But what ever works best, as this is a game.

Latest Posts

Back