Linkin ParkMusic 

  • Thread starter Thread starter Burnout
  • 40 comments
  • 1,686 views
Messages
2,808
So.

What are you favorite songs? Lying from you isn't too bad.

What songs are good?

What songs have no words? I found out that there are a lot of them, and I generally like them, so I was wondering which ones don't have words, too.

TIA.
 
I do believe there is at least one other thread on the subject.
 
Originally posted by neon_duke
I do believe there is at least one other thread on the subject.
Indeed there is, please end Thread to keep the lifeblood from being sucked out of him.
 
These songs are alright, kind of catchy...Crawling, One Step Closer, numb...but the one thing I hate about this band is that their songs are all too similar. It seems like they take the beat from one song and just add new words. :odd:
 
Originally posted by neon_duke
I do believe there is at least one other thread on the subject.
Perhaps, but does it stress on the 'no words' point? I do not believe so, however I could be wrong.

For all to know, the main purpose of this thread was for songs without words.

:)
 
Any variation of "In the End" tends to tickle my fancy.
 
Originally posted by hanker
but the one thing I hate about this band is that their songs are all too similar. It seems like they take the beat from one song and just add new words. :odd:
Exactly! That and they whore their albums like anything. Most artists would only make 2 or 3 video clips from their album, but no, Linkin Park have to go make 5 or 6 and pollute MTV even more.
 
i wouldnt know if they did pollute MTV because I DONT HAVE CABLE TELEVISION!!!! i really wish i had it, so i can watch crappy infomercials and pop music clips. dont forget the cooking shows and re-runs of 70's sitcoms that no one watches.


sorry, back on topic. there si allready a linkin thread. and for the record, fav song is papercut
 
Originally posted by millencolin
i wouldnt know if they did pollute MTV because I DONT HAVE CABLE TELEVISION!!!! i really wish i had it, so i can watch crappy infomercials and pop music clips. dont forget the cooking shows and re-runs of 70's sitcoms that no one watches.


sorry, back on topic. there si allready a linkin thread. and for the record, fav song is papercut
We don't get MTV anyway. Well, unless you get that new Austar/Foxtel Digital. The only new channel I'd be interested in is TechTV though (yes, we don't get it on a standard plan :grumpy:).
 
Gotta agree with Cano. The songs were good the first.. oh, I dunno, 20 times they were played. But when they're overused (as they are now) they get annoying. Along with that Outkast song, and that D12 song, I give Linkin park a 👎 There's my two cents.
 
The wordless ones, That I remember are. Cure For The Itch and Session. I'm not sure about Reanimation.

Good LP songs would be.
P5hng Me A*wy (Live In Texas)
Faint
Nobody's Listening
Numb
From The Inside (Meteora)
Papercut
Crawling
One Step Closer (Hybrid Theory)
.... And a few others (All of them) :D

LP RULZ!!! :D
 
Originally posted by Burnout
Perhaps, but does it stress on the 'no words' point? I do not believe so, however I could be wrong.
:)
So all you needed to do was make a new post at reviving the older thread, and leading the discussion in a new direction.

:)
 
They are mindless formulaic drivel....... As previously stated, they reuse the same beats, and compositional elements. over and over again..... When they aren't exactly inspired in the first place.....

So.... I guess I don't like any of their songs (worded or otherwise)....


;)
 
I like them because their songs are catchy. I could really care less if they use a similar beat for everything; most modern rock overuses the snare, but I still listen to it.
 
Anyone who listens to that band should be held accountable for the downfall of all good original music.
 
Originally posted by Mopar Muscle
Anyone who listens to that band should be held accountable for the downfall of all good original music.

Seeing as you're the sensei of "good original music", what do you listen to O mighty one?
 
Originally posted by Mopar Muscle
Anyone who listens to that band should be held accountable for the downfall of all good original music.

Wow.... Good call.......


;)
 
I like them a lot.

If you don't like mindless drivel or overused songs, then why the phuck are you listening to radio?
 
Originally posted by Giancarlo
I like them a lot.

If you don't like mindless drivel or overused songs, then why the phuck are you listening to radio?

lol.... It's quite easy to tell the personality types of people who like this kind of crap, and this post is a good example.....


;)
 
Originally posted by silviadrifter
lol.... It's quite easy to tell the personality types of people who like this kind of crap, and this post is a good example.....


;)

Okay, hot shot, tell us what type of personality we have.
 
Originally posted by the_cobbinator
Okay, hot shot, tell us what type of personality we have.

The kind that listens to Linkin Park....




;)
 
Numb only because of the chick in it...

There was one other but I can't remember the name of it.

Oh, the animation one is cool.
 
There are only two songs without words, Cure for the Itch on Hybrid Theory and System on Meteora. System is also on the Matrix Reloaded soundtrack.

As for stereotyping people based off the type of music they like, that's never a wise idea. Yes, there are invariably the LP/"Alternative Rock" fanboys who spend their time pinning up LP posters and telling us that "LP is teh r0x0rz", wearing LP Underground beanies, spelling things with k instead of c, making \m/ hand gestures etc, but there are always going to be people like that, for practically any band. They may not act the same but they'll display the same level of retarded fanatacism you seem to be targeting. Then you have the people who actually appreciate the lyrics or the message songs convey, or the musical talent behind them (not necessarily referring to LP here so don't harass me with "They just use the same damn drum/bass guitar baseline for every single song ever"), who like a diversified range of bands and sounds.

To each their own.
 
Originally posted by silviadrifter
lol.... It's quite easy to tell the personality types of people who like this kind of crap, and this post is a good example.....

Not really. Listen to your local radio station. If you'll notice, they'll play the same songs each day or even within the same few hours.

Every morning on the way to school, i have to go through a constant finger workout in order to find some fresh music.

And don't call anything crap just because you don't like it.
 
Originally posted by Giancarlo
Not really. Listen to your local radio station. If you'll notice, they'll play the same songs each day or even within the same few hours.

Every morning on the way to school, i have to go through a constant finger workout in order to find some fresh music.

And don't call anything crap just because you don't like it.

lol.....

I didn't call it crap, because I don't like it... in fact, I did see promise in a few of their older songs, but they have not done anything unique, or with any kind of complexity since then..... The lyrics are obvious and contrite, and the music is overused looping beats, on top of simplistic guitar riffs...... There just isn't anything terribly interesting about it.....


;)
 
Stop comparing Linkin Park to Metallica. It's not uncommon for trance DJs always re-use beats. Same with looping.

Silvias are slow.

lol.....

;)
 
Back