Linkin ParkMusic 

  • Thread starter Thread starter Burnout
  • 40 comments
  • 1,685 views
Originally posted by Giancarlo
Stop comparing Linkin Park to Metallica. It's not uncommon for trance DJs always re-use beats. Same with looping.

Silvias are slow.

lol.....

;)

Comparing with Metallica? lol..... What are you smoking?...

Good trance DJ's use a wide variety of sounds, and tend to have a lot of complexity in their sets..... Linkin Park does not share this trait......

Silvias are slow huh?....

I won't even say anything about that, because it's obviously an unresearched, immature dig, just to get me riled.....

Good day sir.....


;)
 
lp does not, in any way compare to any trance dj or anything from the genre. please dont put trance and lp in the same catagory, lp sucks.
 
lp....eh. I liked Hybrid Theory, but when Reanimation came out, I knew they were going to suck after that.
 
Originally posted by silviadrifter
Silvias are slow huh?....

I won't even say anything about that, because it's obviously an unresearched, immature dig, just to get me riled.....

Trance often has a beat playing for a good 30 seconds.

Hehe, eh...nevermind.

I still say Silvias suck, though. Show me some fast ones, please. I'll show you a Mustang boosting 400hp (with a supercharger) to the wheels, with drag slicks in the back, pushing 13s on the quarter.

Sorry to drag off with the topic.
 
Originally posted by Giancarlo
Trance often has a beat playing for a good 30 seconds.

Hehe, eh...nevermind.

I still say Silvias suck, though. Show me some fast ones, please. I'll show you a Mustang boosting 400hp (with a supercharger) to the wheels, with drag slicks in the back, pushing 13s on the quarter.

Sorry to drag off with the topic.

lol.... try and take that Mustang around a few corners...... Highly unbalanced machine, especially with the setup you mentioned. Drag racing is a valid sport, and showcases many fantastic drivers. However, that is not the best way to set up a well balanced vehicle, that can take corners, as well as accelerate quickly in the straits......

Also, there are Silvias with over 600hp.... In fact I have a friend who has a 650hp S14 that would eat that Mustang for breakfast.....

Furthermore, trance should not have been compared to Linkin Park, in the first place. They are two completely different sounds and styles... If anything, Linkin Park gets their sound more from the Hip Hop, Tribal, and various Drum and Bass genres. With a mix of Metal thrown in.... It's not a bad concept. In fact it is a good concept, but they just fall short.....



;)
 
Originally posted by silviadrifter
lol.... try and take that Mustang around a few corners...... Highly unbalanced machine, especially with the setup you mentioned. Drag racing is a valid sport, and showcases many fantastic drivers. However, that is not the best way to set up a well balanced vehicle, that can take corners, as well as accelerate quickly in the straits......

Also, there are Silvias with over 600hp.... In fact I have a friend who has a 650hp S14 that would eat that Mustang for breakfast.....

Furthermore, trance should not have been compared to Linkin Park, in the first place. They are two completely different sounds and styles... If anything, Linkin Park gets their sound more from the Hip Hop, Tribal, and various Drum and Bass genres. With a mix of Metal thrown in.... It's not a bad concept. In fact it is a good concept, but they just fall short.....

I didn't notice any problems in corners, probably because it's lowered. And it goes from 0-60 in about 3 1/2 seconds, so acceleration's good. It's not necessarily a drag racing car, it just has the tires for really good grip.

Got any pictures of these Silvias or your friend's S14 in action? Sounds interesting. What setup does he have (heh, think you should PM me this time...)?

I confused Trance with Drum and Bass. Sorry. But they're pretty much the same to me..

And if you're thinking i'm an opinionated a-hole, i'm not. I just don't think that saying "It's ****" is the best way to disagree with somebody.
 
Originally posted by Giancarlo
I didn't notice any problems in corners, probably because it's lowered. And it goes from 0-60 in about 3 1/2 seconds, so acceleration's good. It's not necessarily a drag racing car, it just has the tires for really good grip.

Got any pictures of these Silvias or your friend's S14 in action? Sounds interesting. What setup does he have (heh, think you should PM me this time...)?

I confused Trance with Drum and Bass. Sorry. But they're pretty much the same to me..

And if you're thinking i'm an opinionated a-hole, i'm not. I just don't think that saying "It's ****" is the best way to disagree with somebody.

Well, I do have many pictures of powerful Silvias, but that won't prove their power..... My friend with the S14 is a member of these forums, but I'm not sure if he wants me telling anyone about his car, so I won't divulge his name...

About the Mustang... Even if it was tuned perfectly for the street, it's just not a very balanced vehicle to start with. Most heavy American cars are not well balanced and/or good in the corners. They are made for long American open roads, and are great drag vehicles. I just prefer a more well balanced vehicle.....

Also, I agree that saying it's **** isn't the best way to disagree, but that's the first thing that comes to mind when I think about LP...... That is why I have ellaborated, so as to better explain my reasoning.....


;)
 
Originally posted by silviadrifter
...American cars are not well balanced and/or good in the corners. They are made for long American open roads, and are great drag vehicles. I just prefer a more well balanced vehicle.....

Also, I agree that saying it's **** isn't the best way to disagree, but that's the first thing that comes to mind when I think about LP......

Sounds reasonable.
 
Im not going to blame the whole band, but in a way they do the same thing on every song, and for the real musicans out there, they know that at some point thats just too boring
Its always the guitar 3 notes or maybe even 4 slowly after each other, one guy raps , the other does the refraints. Its pretty much on every song just a different notes.
I like it when they play some songs, the mixture of the electronic with the rocky style is good, but its just to simple and nothing compared to SOAD or Offspring, although I nkow they head towards a bit of a different style of music....

In my oppinion, they should get going with something new and not always the same crap. Its really getting laim!
 
Originally posted by regulate
lp does not, in any way compare to any trance dj or anything from the genre. please dont put trance and lp in the same catagory, lp sucks.

yep dont compare them, thats two totally different categories, and those trancers much better than LP. Trance is very simple, I know I make Electronic music myself and work with synthesiserz etc. But trance is very simple music, so dont compare it to rock.

Trance these day sux anyways...better of with some Prodigy (Hahn is a big prodigy fan), or chemical brothers or moby....
 
I first got introduced to Prodigy and Chemical Brothers in Wipeout 2097.

I'd like to see Linkin Park do something different with their next album, a bit of variety certainly wouldn't go astray.
 
Back