[List] N/A 9,000rpm+ cars?

  • Thread starter Thread starter asdfg11
  • 56 comments
  • 11,458 views
Thanks guys I think I got all of your submissions dumped into my list on post #2. If you get a chance id love to know the exact (well.. exact ish) RPMS, and also any more submissions are more than welcome!
 
Do any of the (older) nissan skylines fit into this list? The 7 or so I checked out are all pre turboed.
 
If anyone could check the 787B and Nomad Diablo, I think they could make it. At least the 787B is N/A in the default tune.
Yup, 787B is N/A default. Redline 9000rpm, rev limiter 10000
 
Added! Also cleaned up the list. Dont be shy with any more info.

Cheers
 
Added! Also cleaned up the list. Dont be shy with any more info.

Cheers
Some kind of order to the list would be nice. Listing by RPM value for example.

RX8 '07 hits the rev limiter at 9500. Surely that should be the value used and not the 9000 redline?
 
Thank you for correcting the RX-8. I agree limiter values would be of greater use but I still appreciate the time off who ever submited it. It is possible that they may have been using auto transmission?

I take it you didnt see the list before today.. if your commenting on order lol. But yes once I get more data I will see how it goes. Edit..cleaned it up roughly by RPM. But as stated it is a rough guide.
 
Last edited:
ALFA ROMEO 155 2.5 V6 TI (‘93)
CADILLAC Cien Concept ('02)
CATERHAM Seven Fire Blade ('02)
FERRARI 458 Italia ('09)
FERRARI F10 ('10)
FERRARI F430 ('06)
FERRARI F2007
FERRARI SP1 ('08)
GILLET Vertigo Race Car ('04)
GRAN TURISMO Formula Gran Turismo
HONDA INTEGRA TYPE R (DC5) ('03)
HONDA LIFE STEP VAN ('72)
HONDA LOCTITE MUGEN NSX (JGTC) ('01)
HONDA Mobil 1 NSX (JGTC) ('01)
HONDA NSX-R Prototype LM Race Car
HONDA NSX-R Prototype LM Road Car
HONDA S800 RSC Race Car ('68)
HONDA S2000 LM Race Car ('01)
HONDA TAKATA DOME NSX (JGTC) ('03)
MAZDA 787B Race Car ('91)
MAZDA Atenza Touring Car
MAZDA Furai Concept ('08)
MERCEDES-BENZ 190 E 2.5 - 16 Evolution II Touring Car ('92)
PEUGEOT 905 Race Car ('92)
SPOON CIVIC TYPE R (EK) ('00)
SPOON INTEGRA TYPE R (DC2) ('99)
SPOON S2000 ('00)
SPOON S2000 Race Car ('00)
SUZUKI GSX-R/4 Concept ('01)
TOYOTA ALTEEZA Touring Car
TOYOTA SPRINTER TRUENO GT-APEX (AE86 SS Version) ('00)
All NASCAR Stock Cars


The problem with this list is that it was created with figures where the cars make peak power.
Some cars rev past redline and where they make peak power.
This does meet your requirements though.
9000+ rpms
Naturally aspirated.
Apologies on not including the RPM figures.
I don't have it recorded in my spreadsheet that way.

One other note. I have every car but haven't broken in and/or rebuilt every car.
Some cars will make power in different areas when you do that.

So don't consider this an exhaustive list.
 
Track_Veteran, thank you for the information.

If I understand what you are saying was this data somehow pulled out of GT5 directly? Where it has peak RPM recorded.. (Or did someone create by hand? ) Either way awesome! Are you able to share this spreadsheet? Do you happen to have Supercharger data too?
 
Track_Veteran, thank you for the information.

If I understand what you are saying was this data somehow pulled out of GT5 directly? Where it has peak RPM recorded.. (Or did someone create by hand? ) Either way awesome! Are you able to share this spreadsheet? Do you happen to have Supercharger data too?

No problem. Your welcome.

No, it wasn't ripped from the game data.
It was manually recorded from the in-game menu (garage) and entered into a spreadsheet.
It's something I've been working on since the game's launch.
I've been able to spend time on it here and there but I'd rather not share yet because it's incomplete.

This was derived from the horsepower figues. For instance let's pick a random car. (one of my favorites)
The PEUGEOT 905 Race Car ('92) makes HP - 839 @ 11000 and TQ - 414 @ 7500 after a rebuild.
Check out the tuning menu now.
The dynograph goes to 12,500 rpms BUT makes less HP after 11,000rpms.
The horsepower peaks at 11,000rpms. This peak is what was recorded for each car.

I would imagine that every car will hit the rpm limiter at that max rpm shown in the dynograph.
The Peugeot 905 does but I haven't tested it for every car.
Also, this relates to how acceleration drops off at redline for some cars.
Many times, your rate of acceleration is greater by shifting earlier than redline for cars with a HP drop off such as this.
This car is a bad example though for reasons that will sidetrack this thread even worse. :)

So I guess it might be better to look at all the 7000rpm+ cars' dynographs and see how many go to an rpm higher than 9000.
That might get the cars you are really looking for.
If I understand you correctly, you want to know which cars are are RPM LIMITED to 9000+.

The supercharger info I have is - which cars come equipped with one when bought.
 
It's something I've been working on since the game's launch.
That is some serious dedication sir, hats off to you.

I'd rather not share yet because it's incomplete.
I fully understand!

If I understand you correctly, you want to know which cars are are RPM LIMITED to 9000+.

Correct, you understand me better than I understand myself it seems :)

Update: I merged in all of your information. Thanks again!
 
Last edited:
The X2010 is twin-turbo so it does not qualify, although it rev-limits at like 15,200 or something.
 
Good catch, corrected thanks. Also added the 10,400rpm Mazda Autozam AZ-1 '92
 
the Calibra Super Touring car redlines/limits at 12k rpms.
 
And the 155 2.5 Ti and the 190E DTM. And no one mentioned the Lamborghini's, particularly the LP-560 and the SV, both of which can rev to 9 grand.

The 787B almost reaches 10k.
 
The X2010 is twin-turbo so it does not qualify, although it rev-limits at like 15,200 or something.

Any car that idles at 4,000 rpm should never count
 
DC2 Integra Type R (Honda, not Spoon) revs to 9000. Not to 9500.
 
The Mazda Autozam is a turbo - the power tails off horrendously towards the redline/rev-limiter.
 
Thanks will try to update when I get near a computer :)
 
Nevermind didn't see it on the list till now. sorry..
 
Honda Beat is missing, revs well past 9000 in stock form and is NA.

Also pretty much every NSX will do OVER 9000 once tuned.
 
THe honda S500 - S600 - S800 get very high rpm.. Ill tell you in the Afternoon, but I'm pretty sure they get em pretty high.
Spoon S2000 is the same as the S2000 LM Race Car.
 
Doesn't the McLaren F1 race car go above 9krpm?
 
My fully-tuined M5 (Bimmer) gets that big ass 5 liter V10 engine to 9900 RPM.
Ain't that amazing?
 
9600 rpm, Mitsubitshi FTO version GP R. (Road car) N/A high output V6.
 
Back