List Of Cars That Can Have Custom Gauges Installed

I mean use them as in actually look at them for the gauge purpose? They are so small I can't even see what is going on. I will instal them for cool purposes only really.
Ahh right. I usually just put them in for the same reason. :)
Though I should note that I stick proper gauges in the vehicle. I don't put a boost gauge in a car that I'll keep NA.
OP Updated with more cars as well as directions to find a specific car.

Last edited:
Boost gauge shows different boost levels of turbo up to 30psi. Using the Nismo GTR the HUD gauge hits full with all the turbos, but each turbo makes a different max PSI on the aftermarket gauge.

I've not tested because I'm still building up mileage, but I suspect the gauges might indicate oil and engine wear. Bad oil possibly will change the oil pressure & tempurature, and an engine in need of a rebuild might run hot.

The gauges are small, but I use them. Mainly the fuel, speedometer and the tachometer on cars that register kmh by default or cars where the fuel gauge doesn't work.

Yeah, they're eye candy, but also functional and useful. However I'm not sure if the water/oil temp and voltage gauges serve any function yet. The oil pressure gauge is cool, but probably doesn't provide much info that's useful.

It would be cool to know for example if and which cars get a gauge binnacle added also as opposed to them just being attached by a bracket.

Which can be mounted in places like the A pillar.

Even those that get them integrated with the standard gauges in the dashboard like the Shelby Cobra :)

Maybe the OP can bracket the cool little things like that next to the car name in the OP maybe :)

Last edited:
I mean use them as in actually look at them for the gauge purpose? They are so small I can't even see what is going on. I will instal them for cool purposes only really.
The Rev-Meter is useful for old cars without one though, especially when you drive without HUD.
I really like the little shiftlight.

Anyway, this came out of nowhere and is a pretty neat and unique feature.

Dodge-Car-Gauges-psd9236.png

I surely cannot tell you which car can have gauges, but I surely can tell you that the image above comes from a dodge Caliber. I have the same gauges ( despite the speedometer in KPH) in my car!

The best Mustang that would fit having these gauges can't have one. SAD!

(BTW, i mean the Grand Touring Garage Trans Cammer.)

Also, can we have a list of NOTABLE gauges (not like placed above the usual spot, i mean like a special arrangements list. EG: the Evoque has a basic layout, while the SRT Viper '13 places the dials in it's air conditioning slots.)

Also, can we have a list of NOTABLE gauges (not like placed above the usual spot, i mean like a special arrangements list. EG: the Evoque has a basic layout, while the SRT Viper '13 places the dials in it's air conditioning slots.)
I can make a list for that in a different thread if possible

Erm basically the thing I said on this exact page, Maybe you could read the thread thoroughly next time its not that difficult to do with only four pages.

Added to OP

I can make a list for that in a different thread if possible
Go ahead mate, heck, I could put it in the OP and give you full credit for it. :)

Can have:
Lotus Elise '96

Cannot have:
Art Morrison Corvette '60
Added to OP

The ones I found this time around:

capture_20140916_175547-jpg.225599

capture_20140916_180642-jpg.225600

capture_20140916_181444-jpg.225602

capture_20140916_182008-jpg.225603

capture_20140916_183244-jpg.225605

capture_20140916_184007-jpg.225606

Lotus Evora '09
Lotus Elise 111R '04
Mercedes SLR Mclaren '09
Volkswagen Golf VI R '10
Ranault Megane R.S. Trophy '11
Peugeot RCZ '10

Another car that cannot have it installed:

Aston Martin DB9 '06
I like the SLR gauges.

Last edited:
Cars that can now have gauges are:
  • BMW M4 Coupe, 2014
  • BMW M4 Coupe Frozen Black Metallic, 2014
  • BMW M4 M Performance Edition, 2014
  • Mercedes SL55 AMG (R230), 2002
  • Mitsubishi Evolution X GSR Premium Package, 2007
  • Nissan Skyline Coupe 370GT Type SP, 2007
  • Nissan Skyline Sedan 350GT Type SP, 2006
  • Suzuki Swift Sport, 2005
  • Suzuki Swift Sport, 2007
Cars that can't have gauges are:
  • Audi Auto Union V16 Type C Streamline, 1937
  • AEM S2000, ????
  • Chaparral 2J, 1970
  • Citroen GT by Citroen Road Car, 2008
  • Daihatsu OFC-1, 2007
  • Lexus IS F CCS-R, 2011

Last edited:
Cars that can now have gauges are:
  • BMW M4 Coupe, 2014
  • BMW M4 Coupe Frozen Black Metallic, 2014
  • BMW M4 M Performance Edition, 2014
  • Mitsubishi Evolution X GSR Premium Package, 2007
  • Nissan Skyline Coupe 370GT Type SP, 2007
  • Nissan Skyline Sedan 350GT Type SP, 2006
Cars that can't have gauges are:
  • Audi Auto Union V16 Type C Streamline, 1937
  • AEM S2000, ????
  • Chaparral 2J, 1970
  • Citroen GT by Citroen Road Car, 2008
  • Daihatsu OFC-1, 2007
  • Lexus IS F CCS-R, 2011
What not added to list yet???

Whats going on??

It would be cool a list with photos, the ones that are special like using vents are pretty cool, it would be nice to get a collection of photos displaying them.

Back