List of cars that can't be raced in Simulation mode.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why is the Auto Union Streamline on the list?

I used a stock Auto Union Streamline to easily defeat a Spoon S2000, Mazda BP Falken RX-7, AMUSE S2000, HPA Motorsports R32, and a TRIAL Celica SS-II in the five race Tuning Car Grand Prix championship series. In fact you can enter this car in any race as long as it meets the race requirements.

In addition, unlike all the cars that cannot be raced against other cars in simulation mode, you can use the Auto Union in any of the Family Car Cup races on ALL tracks as well.

Furthermore, you can also tune it up in the Audi shop and with sport tires can enter even more races, so I'm not sure why folks seem to think this car can't be raced.

I’m using the “Greatest Hits” version of GT4, could it be possible that PD made some changes to the game including this?

I saw on the thread near this that one guy can race the Auto Union in GT Mode races. What a lucky guy (I guess).

Damnit, D-N beat me.

Maybe, D-N, PD did make some minor changes. :confused:

i know I can't do anything with mine. it didn't even come up in the Arcade mode. found out it must have been deleted. it appears that the original has a bad case of glitch or something...i had huge gaps missing from my diary...and one of them was the Autounion.

Sniffs
i know I can't do anything with mine. it didn't even come up in the Arcade mode. found out it must have been deleted. it appears that the original has a bad case of glitch or something...i had huge gaps missing from my diary...and one of them was the Autounion.

weird...:ill:

It certainly now has me wondering what else may be different with the 'Greatest Hits' edition.

I went ahead and checked the other "special cars" and so far this is what the Greatest Hits edition allows/doesn't allow:

RACES: NO - OIL CHANGES: NO - ADD-ON TUNING OPTIONS: NO (except 'Rigidity')

1886 Mercedes-Benz Benz Patent Motor Wagen
1886 Mercedes-Benz Daimler Motor Carriage
1915 Ford Model T Tourer
2003 Jay Leno Tank Car (+ all tires except Dirt & Snow)
2004 Toyota Motor Triathlon Race Car (+ all tires)
2022 Nike One (+ all tires)

RACES: NO - OIL CHANGES: YES - ADD-ON TUNING OPTIONS: YES

2002 Caterham Seven Fire Blade
2002 Chrysler Prowler

RACES: YES - OIL CHANGES: NO - ADD-ON TUNING OPTIONS: YES

1963 Daihatsu Midget

RACES: YES - OIL CHANGES: NO - ADD-ON TUNING OPTIONS: NO

2004 Polyphony Digital Formula Gran Turismo

GT4_Rule
No oil change for the F1 car??? I guess it runs on one set of engine oil for its life then....
Must be that new exotic oil produced from the blubber of dead Energizer Bunnies. ;)

I remember all the fuss with GT3 over not being able to change oil in between races in a championship series, which caused your F1 car to lose quite a few HP after only a few of the races in the 10 race series.

Now that PD fixed that with GT4 allowing the player to change oil between races in a series you'd think there would be no reason for not allowing you to ever change the oil in the F1 cars.

Hey at least in GT3 you can save after doing the last race and get the prize car you want from the 4 choices ;)

I'm glad you can still do that in GT4 (well 2nd to last race that is), only now so that you can get the specific color version you want. :)

GT4_Rule
Err, you can still do that!!!!???? :eek: Dammit! Where's the save option?
Near where you go to change your oil between races in a series. ;)

With the Automatic Save feature turned off just exit after finishing the 2nd to last race, go to your garage and save, then go back and either finish the final race or if you have enough of a lead just DNF the race when it starts. If the car color is not what you wanted, restart the game and it will begin at the start of the final race once again. Keep doing this until you get the car you want. :)

Why is the Auto Union Streamline on the list?

I used a stock Auto Union Streamline to easily defeat a Spoon S2000, Mazda BP Falken RX-7, AMUSE S2000, HPA Motorsports R32, and a TRIAL Celica SS-II in the five race Tuning Car Grand Prix championship series. In fact you can enter this car in any race as long as it meets the race requirements.

In addition, unlike all the cars that cannot be raced against other cars in simulation mode, you can use the Auto Union in any of the Family Car Cup races on ALL tracks as well.

Furthermore, you can also tune it up in the Audi shop and with sport tires can enter even more races, so I'm not sure why folks seem to think this car can't be raced.

I’m using the “Greatest Hits” version of GT4, could it be possible that PD made some changes to the game including this?

i know I can't do anything with mine. it didn't even come up in the Arcade mode...

I have the PAL version of GT4 that came bundled with the PS2 in Australia. I can purchase a Stage 4 Turbo for the Auto Union Streamline and any tyres with the exception of Dirt and Snow. When trying to enter any of the racing areas or circuit areas (with the exception of 'World Circuits') I get a popup message stating the following...

Error

Auto Union V16 Type C Streamline '37
can only be run in Power & Speed,
Free Run on Nürburgring
and Photo Drive on Nürburgring.

Hope that clears something up for someone. Region specific versions or special editions or something, who knows.

/me goes on the hunt for "Greatest Hits" version.

//EDIT... Never mind. I just realized after reading another thread that you can actually BUY the Streamline as well. I haven't yet but i'm guessing THAT is the version you can race. I shall go put on my dunce hat now.

I had the same thought on the '37 Streamliner a while back, thinking it might be similar to the Ford GT stripes/no stripes thing. It wouldn't let me race either the prize car or the purchased one.

i could never guess why you cant race the caterham and the prowler

I wondered myself why some cars with open cockpits can be raced and some can't so I went snooping around in photo mode. I think it is more than just rendering the drivers, in my opinion what we are seeing is a small preview of the next GT. And like several people have said, the PS2 hardware probably can't handle several of these special ultra high detail cars at a time. Poke around for yourself and I bet you will find some stunning stuff. Here I am waiting for GTHD demo and now I think maybe I've been sitting on a PS2 preview this whole time HA!

Here are two shots that highlight the level of detail differences.

It's basically that they have more polygons than any of the other cars, including the open convertibles. It gets to the point where they have to cut down the number of opponent cars, until they hit zero. So you end up with these "time trial" cars.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back