List of current Gr.1/Gr.3/Gr.4 cars and their possible replacements in GT7/8

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Here is my list of current Gr.1/Gr.3/Gr.4 cars and their possible replacements in GT7 (old Gr.3 and Gr.4 are not listed)

some brands doesn't get any updates as their future replacements are unknown

- this is just for fun and it is not guaranteed that we get it
(green means that we already got it)
Alfa Romeo:
Gr.3 - 4C Gr.3 > Giulia GTAm Gr.3 or Giulia DTM
Gr.4 - 4C Gr.4 > Giulia GTAm Gr.4

Aston Martin:
Gr.3 - V12 Vantage GT3 > Vantage AMR GT3/GTE
Gr.4 - Vantage Gr.4 > Vantage AMR GT4

Audi:
Gr.3 - R8 LMS Evo > R8 LMS Evo II
Gr.4 - TT Cup > R8 LMS GT4 or RS3 LMS

BMW:
Gr.3 - M6 GT3 > M8 GTE - M4 GT3
Gr.4 - M4 Gr.4 > M4 GT4 or M2 CS Racing

Chevrolet:
Gr.3 - Corvette C7 Gr.3 > Corvette C8.R or C8 Z06 GT3.R
Gr.4 - Corvette C7 Gr.4 > Corvette C8 GT4.R or Camaro GT4.R

Citroën:
Gr.3 - GT Race Car Gr.3
Gr.4 - GT Race Car Gr.4

Dodge:
Gr.3 - Viper SRT GT3-R
Gr.4 - Viper Gr.4

Ferrari:
Gr.3 - 458 Italia GT3 > 488 GT3/GTE/Challenge Evo - 296 GT3
Gr.4 - 458 Italia Gr.4 > 488 Gr.4 - 296 Gr.4

Ford:
Gr.3 - Mustang Gr.3 / Ford GT Race Car > Mustang GT3 / '23 Ford GT Mk IV
Gr.4 - Mustang Gr.4 > Mustang GT4

Genesis:
Gr.3 - Genesis X GR3
Gr.4 - Genesis G70 GR4

Honda:
Gr.3 - NSX Gr.3 > NSX GT3 Evo / NSX GT3 Evo22
Gr.4 - NSX Gr.4 > Civic Type R (FL5) TCR

Hyundai:
Gr.3 - Genesis Gr.3
Gr.4 - Genesis Gr.4 > Elantra N TCR

Jaguar:
Gr.3 - F-type Gr.3 > G3 GT3
Gr.4 - F-type Gr.4 > F-Type SVR GT4 or G3 GT4

Lamborghini:
Gr.3 - Huracán GT3 > Huracán GT3 Evo2
Gr.4 - Huracán Gr.4 > Huracán STO Gr.4

Lexus:
Gr.3 - RC F GT3 > LC500h GT300 / Lexus GT3 concept
Gr.4 - RC F Gr.4

Mazda:
Gr.3 - RX-Vision GT3 Concept / Atenza Gr.3
Gr.4 - Atenza Gr.4 > Mazda3 Gr.4

McLaren:
Gr.3 - 650S GT3 > 720S GT3 / 720S GT3 Evo
Gr.4 - 650S Gr.4 > Artura GT4

Mercedes:
Gr.3 - AMG GT3 > AMG GT3 Evo '20
Gr.4 - SLS AMG Gr.4 > AMG GT4

Mitsubishi:
Gr.3 - Lancer Evolution Final Gr.3
Gr.4 - Lancer Evolution Final Gr.4

Nissan:
Gr.3 - GT-R NISMO GT3 '13 > GT-R NISMO GT3 '18
> Z GT300
Gr.4 - GT-R Gr.4 > Nissan Z GT4

Peugeot:
Gr.3 - RCZ Gr.3 > 5x8 Gr.3
Gr.4 - RCZ Gr.4 > 308 TCR Gr.4

Porsche:
Gr.3 - 911 RSR (991) > 911 GT3 R (992)
Gr.4 - Cayman GT4 Clubsport > Cayman GT4 RS

Renault Sport:
Gr.3 - R.S.01 GT3
Gr.4 - Mégane Trophy > Megane RS TCR

Subaru:
Gr.3 - WRX Gr.3 > BRZ GT300 '21
Gr.4 - WRX Gr.4 > WRX NBR Challenge ‘23

Suzuki:
Gr.3 - VGT Gr.3
Gr.4 - Swift Sport Gr.4

Toyota:
Gr.3 - GR Supra Racing Concept > GR Supra GT300 > GR GT3 Concept
Gr.4 - GR Supra Race Car > GR Supra GT4 / GR Supra GT4 Evo

Volkswagen:
Gr.3 - Beetle Gr.3 / GTI VGT Gr.3
Gr.4 - Scirocco Gr.4 > Golf GTI TCR
Alfa Romeo:
Gr.1 - Future Lmh ?

Aston Martin:
Gr.1 - Valkyrie Gr.1

Audi:
Gr.1 - R18 '16

BMW:
Gr.1 - M Hybrid V8

Bugatti:
Gr.1 - Bugatti Vision Gran Turismo Gr.1

Chevrolet/Cadillac:
Gr.1 - V-Series.R

Citroën:
Gr.1 - ???

Dodge:
Gr.1 - SRT Tomahawk Vision Gran Turismo Gr.1

Ferrari:
Gr.1 - 499P

Ford:
Gr.1 - ???

Genesis:
Gr.1 - Genesis X Gran Berlinetta Vision Gran Turismo Gr.1

Honda/Acura:
Gr.1 - ARX-06

Hyundai:
Gr.1 - N 2025 Vision Gran Turismo Gr.1

Jaguar:
Gr.1 - XJR-9 '88

Lamborghini:
Gr.1 - SC63

Lexus:
Gr.1 - ???

Mazda:
Gr.1 - LM55 Vision Gran Turismo Gr.1

McLaren:
Gr.1 - Ultimate Vision Gran Turismo Gr.1

Mercedes:
Gr.1 - Sauber Mercedes C9 '89

Mitsubishi:
Gr.1 - ???

Nissan:
Gr.1 - GT-R LM NISMO '15
> Ligier JS PX

Peugeot:
Gr.1 - L750R HYbrid Vision Gran Turismo Gr.1 > 9X8

Porsche:
Gr.1 - 919 Hybrid '16 > 963

Renault Sport/Alpine:
Gr.1 - A424

Subaru:
Gr.1 - ???

Suzuki:
Gr.1 - ???

Toyota:
Gr.1 - GR010 HYBRID '21

Volkswagen:
Gr.1 - ???
Let me know what do you think and if the choices are good or you got better candidates 😎

Last edited:
Some of these are going to be impossible as they fall under the SRO license (Which is held by Kunos and probably will be for a very long time)
But I definitely think we need some new cars
Also, It’s unlikely for there to be an 8C Gr.3 car as it’s way too old

Last edited:
Some of these are going to be impossible as they fall under the SRO license (Which is held by Kunos and probably will be for a very long time)
Oh i didn't know about that , thanks for letting me know - if you have more info i would like to read more about it

about the 8C you are right , so i be taking that off the list then

Last edited:
I wouldn’t necessarily replace them, but I would have more events where you’re only allowed to use a certain selection of cars within a group. For example, there have been Gr.1 races where players were only permitted to use the Group C racers within Gr.1.

I wouldn’t necessarily replace them, but I would have more events where you’re only allowed to use a certain selection of cars within a group. For example, there have been Gr.1 races where players were only permitted to use the Group C racers within Gr.1.
I agree , they could cherry picked them like they do formulas/hypercars or make sub categories in groups

Last edited:
Does that also include the c8r corvette? I hope not since its appearing in alot of games now from Automobilista 2, pcars 3, fm8 and mobile phone games, GT is the only odd ball out. :(

Does that also include the c8r corvette? I hope not since its appearing in alot of games now from Automobilista 2, pcars 3, fm8 and mobile phone games, GT is the only odd ball out. :(
I think the C8.R should be fine because the C8.R is part of IMSA which GT7 partnered - even if they couldn't use C8.R, then you got the GT3.R with that one there shouldn't be any road block

what i can see the GT4 class and TCR might be a bigger problem , if they were going to use the actual cars from those

Last edited:
They could probably use non-SRO spec cars (launch livery, N24, Super Taikyu, or Super GT's GT300) as source cars.

But these cars can also compete at non-SRO organised events , so i don't see how this can stop them?.

They could probably use non-SRO spec cars (launch livery, N24, Super Taikyu, or Super GT's GT300) as source cars.
That is true , i think mainly the licence is to able to use real event names , racing teams , drivers ,car liveries and possibly some special parts for those cars used only there? other than that car itself should be fine to use

Last edited:
There are many ways to go around the licensing of the GT3 naming.
Many GT3 cars, using full name are available in many games, including iRacing or Project Cars 3 (launched about 2 years after ACC).
Also, many GT3 cars in GT have the "GT3" in the name, including the updated Nissan GT-R, of the year 2018, when the licence with Kunos was already in place.
The agreement between SRO and Kunos is a lot wider, including the use of the championships run by SRO. For sure PD couldn't use, for the Spa 60 minutes event the name "Total Energies 24h Spa", or anything like that.
I believe the question is still the amount of man hours needed to "3d design" new cars.

Licensing doesn't work like this, they can't have a license for a random series that uses the cars and gain full exclusivity for the entire grid. That's like saying PD couldn't get Watkins Glen because it's used in the series that Kunos have licensed.

People can't license the series and its exact events out if Kunos have it but they can still use the cars and tracks within - they exist outside of the realm of that specific license and can be licensed individually, we can literally see this with the cars in other sims already. You'd never see anything anywhere otherwise.

I wish people would quit fear mongering stuff like this by spreading things they don't fully understand.

Last edited:
Here is my list of current Gr.3/Gr.4 cars and their possible replacements in GT7 (old Gr.3 and Gr.4 are not listed)

some brands doesn't get any updates as their future replacements are unknown

- this is just for fun and it is not guaranteed that we get it
(green means that we already got it)

Let me know what do you think and if the choices are good or you got better candidates 😎
Some great suggestions in there, along with some very obvious ones they really should try get into the game!

I'd love to see not replacements but additional cars. For example, BMW has four Gr.3 cars to choose from (M3, M6 x2, Z4) but only one Gr.4 car - add the M4 GT4! Adding all the newer versions of the GT3 cars would be nice, like they've done with the R8 (even though that's also now outdated!)

I'd personally love to see them create/add:

Gr.4

Alpine A110 GT4
BMW M4 GT4
Citroen DS TCR
Hyundai i30N TCR
Infiniti Q50 (BTCC TC), along with the road car...
KTM X-BOW R GT4
Mini Cooper JCW TCR
Peugeot 208 TCR
VW Golf TCR

Gr.3

Audi A4 DTM (Gr.3)
BMW M4 GT3
Ferrari 488 GT3 Evo
Holden Commodore ZB (V8 Supercars)
KTM X-BOW R GT3
Toyota Prius GT300

Gr.2:

Nissan Z GT500
Toyota GR Supra GT500

The question everyone wants to hear:

If during the interstice of GT6 and GT Sport, PD produced several fictional Gr.3 and Gr.4 cars, is it possible that PD presents a new wave of fictional cars based on current and modern models?

After all, it's not possible that PD was frozen during this period of GT Sport and GT7 and only concentrated, grosso modo, on some technical updates and readaptations of GT Sport content for GT7.

Last edited:
Corvette C8 gr4 ? why? Camaro GT4 would be a better fit as Group 4 Chevrolet entry?

Same with Mclaren
there is 570GT4
Well i went with the C8 just like C7 before and there is road car so called GT4.R so i thought why not , but your idea isn't bad either

as with Mclaren - 570S GT4 is getting old , older than 650S Gr.4 we got , so went it's planned replacement which is Artura , funny enough there is a real life video of it in GT7

Last edited:
Some great suggestions in there, along with some very obvious ones they really should try get into the game!

I'd love to see not replacements but additional cars. For example, BMW has four Gr.3 cars to choose from (M3, M6 x2, Z4) but only one Gr.4 car - add the M4 GT4! Adding all the newer versions of the GT3 cars would be nice, like they've done with the R8 (even though that's also now outdated!)

I'd personally love to see them create/add:

Gr.4

Alpine A110 GT4
BMW M4 GT4
Citroen DS TCR
Hyundai i30N TCR
Infiniti Q50 (BTCC TC), along with the road car...
KTM X-BOW R GT4
Mini Cooper JCW TCR
Peugeot 208 TCR
VW Golf TCR

Gr.3

Audi A4 DTM (Gr.3)
BMW M4 GT3
Ferrari 488 GT3 Evo
Holden Commodore ZB (V8 Supercars)
KTM X-BOW R GT3
Toyota Prius GT300

Gr.2:

Nissan Z GT500
Toyota GR Supra GT500
I call them technically replacements but they wont replace the old cars in the game obiously heh
I agree with your additionial choices , especially cars like Alpine and more KTM cars , with Gr.2 dont forget about NSX-GT Type S GT500 :P

Last edited:
Well i went with the C8 just like C7 before and there is road car so called GT4.R so i thought why not , but your idea isn't bad either

as with Mclaren - 570S GT4 is getting old , older than 650S Gr.4 we got , so went it's planned replacement which is Artura , funny enough there is a real life video of it in GT7
very much a thumbs up to the Artura pick

this IMSA livery is also very nice

Last edited:
The question everyone wants to hear:

If during the interstice of GT6 and GT Sport, PD produced several fictional Gr.3 and Gr.4 cars, is it possible that PD presents a new wave of fictional cars based on current and modern models?

After all, it's not possible that PD was frozen during this period of GT Sport and GT7 and only concentrated, grosso modo, on some technical updates and readaptations of GT Sport content for GT7.
It is possible but we got no idea what is their workflow and what they been doing , i trully hope we get something in the future

It would be a dream if they added new GT3, GT4 or TCR cars.

Another option would be to create fictional versions of some cars that are already present like the Alfa Giulia Gr.4, Nissan Z Gr.4, BMW M2 Gr.4, Corvette C8 Gr.3, Alpine A110 Gr.4...

Also IMO they should create a Gr.5 for Touring cars leaving Gr.4 for GT4.
In custom race I usually do races with this combination of cars:

Genesis G70, Atenza, Evo X, WRX

Mégane, Swift, Scirocco

This, all day. PD make the FF only races. Just make RWD only Gr.4 races. Or make classes, like Super Taikyu. PD clump all drivetrains in Gr.4, it mimics that race series. Yet, in the GT Sport car video, they(Tom) mentions Gr.4 is based on the real GT4 production cars. That real series is only RWD.

Audi:
Gr.3 - R8 LMS Evo > R8 LMS Evo II
Gr.4 - TT Cup > R8 LMS GT4 or RS3 LMS

I'd like to highlight the fact that technically, the R8 LMS Evo from 2019 can be turned into the Evo II from 2022. So to a degree, we already have it since that only difference between the two visually is just the rear wing.

I'd like to highlight the fact that technically, the R8 LMS Evo from 2019 can be turned into the Evo II from 2022. So to a degree, we already have it since that only difference between the two visually is just the rear wing.
That is true , this could be kinda done with the AMG evo too ,but require more work than Audi as they got new front and rear

Last edited:
https://www.media.subaru-global.com/en/news/3256 - found Subaru's Gr.4 replacement
Subaru-WRX-NBR.jpg

Last edited:
Corvette C8 gr4 ? why? Camaro GT4 would be a better fit as Group 4 Chevrolet entry?

Same with Mclaren
there is 570 GT4
Would love a rendered Camaro and Challenger for the Mustang rivalry in GR.4 (practical I guess for PD though right?). Probably only see a C8 if lucky.

Last edited:
Only thing about the C7 GR.4, the C6 GT4 was racing before the Camaro GT4.R. GT5 Prologue had an RM version similar to the real GT4 car. We also then got the C6 RM that was like the C.6R.

I guess PD aligned the GR 4 C7 with the still recent C7, during GT Sport development. However, we see multiple models in both classes. I would have preferred the Camaro, but here we are.

Could still get one. We have the old ass TT Cup car.

Latest Posts

Back