List of current Gr.1/Gr.3/Gr.4 cars and their possible replacements in GT7/8

Well, for a full 20-car grid of RWD Gr.4 cars, I’d just need the GT4 Alpine and GT4 Z. The Z would seem a more likely addition, being PD updated the GT-R GT3(from a nearly ten year old model to a five year old model).
1681017713136.jpeg

I am really suprised that they got that Alpine just they didn't do the Gr.4 version , which is very odd
they got the custom parts just the interior would need changes

Racing versions of the new Z will come eventually - the Gr.2 and Gr.4 (same as with the A110 , parts are there)

for now you can at least fake those Gr.4 versions if you want them now

Last edited:
I am really suprised that they got that Alpine just they didn't do the Gr.4 version , which is very odd
they got the custom parts just the interior would need changes

Racing versions of the new Z will come eventually - the Gr.2 and Gr.4 (same as with the A110 , parts are there)

for now you can at least fake those Gr.4 versions if you want them now
There’s quite a few cars PD have but for some reason don’t have the racing version. Camaro gt4, xbow gt4, alpine gt4, z gt4 and gt500 and the recently added c8. I don’t know anything about the licensing process but surely it wouldn’t be that expensive to add the racing counterparts to cars already in the game?

There’s quite a few cars PD have but for some reason don’t have the racing version. Camaro gt4, xbow gt4, alpine gt4, z gt4 and gt500 and the recently added c8. I don’t know anything about the licensing process but surely it wouldn’t be that expensive to add the racing counterparts to cars already in the game?
i think its their process of making those cars , as you know they taking a long time to make one car also some cars take priority over others - so god knows how they decide which car will have a racing version

Last edited:
Regarding the Gr.3 category, the GTE cars will be obsolete at the end of the year, some already are, as is the case of the BMW M8 GTE and the FORD GT GTLM. Next up will be the Ferrari 488 GTE, Chevrolet Corvette C8.R GTLM and the AM Vantage GTE.

As a result, it is likely to be easier for the PD to add them as the cost of licensing should be significantly reduced due to low demand and reduced commercial appeal.

It would be very interesting to add these four cars to the two that already exist in the game, in order to complete the WEC-IMSA-GTE car roster.

As for the Gr.4, I don't know how the licensing of TCR cars works. The fact is that it would be awesome if all or some of those were added to this category.

Last edited:
I would like to see the Dodge Challenger Touring Car come back as a GR.4 car. This 300hp Viper thing is bs. View attachment 1246670

Or a TC Neon SRT-4
View attachment 1246671
I also don't like the idea of putting the same car as Gr.3 (GT3) and Gr.4 (GT4). It's a lack of creativity or austerity taken to the last level.

Instead of Viper Gr.4, it should be Charger or Challenger.

Instead of the Corvette Gr.4, it should be Camaro.

Instead of McLaren 650S it should be 570S.

Also, what we are urgently in need of are new brands, like Bentley. Incidentally, I don't even know why Bentley hasn't appeared in GT yet, since it is a subsidiary brand of Volkswagen, which in theory has a good relationship with PD.

I wanted to see not only the new GT3 and GT4 cars, but also racing cars from the past to make up these categories. The BPR Global Series Era GT1 cars of the 94-96 years and the FIA GT1 of the 2000s would fit perfectly in the Gr.3 category. The cast is vast and has classic cars that in a AAA game could not be missing.

Last edited:
I also don't like the idea of putting the same car as Gr.3 (GT3) and Gr.4 (GT4). It's a lack of creativity or austerity taken to the last level.

Instead of Viper Gr.4, it should be Charger or Challenger.

Instead of the Corvette Gr.4, it should be Camaro.

Instead of McLaren 650S it should be 570S.

Also, what we are urgently in need of are new brands, like Bentley. Incidentally, I don't even know why Bentley hasn't appeared in GT yet, since it is a subsidiary brand of Volkswagen, which in theory has a good relationship with PD.

I wanted to see not only the new GT3 and GT4 cars, but also racing cars from the past to make up these categories. The BPR Global Series Era GT1 cars of the 94-96 years and the FIA GT1 of the 2000s would fit perfectly in the Gr.3 category. The cast is vast and has classic cars that in a AAA game could not be missing.
images (36).jpeg

Bentley. Just as old as the rest of the non VGT cars in the game.

images (37).jpeg

^ shot from GT6 of Panoz GTR-1.
They even made a hybrid v
02937afdd9e4.jpg

"Sparky"

I can go on but choose to stop to keep the thread open.

View attachment 1246814
Bentley. Just as old as the rest of the non VGT cars in the game.

View attachment 1246815
^ shot from GT6 of Panoz GTR-1.
They even made a hybrid v
View attachment 1246816
"Sparky"

I can go on but choose to stop to keep the thread open.
Esperante would fit like a glove in the Gr.2 category. It raced in the second generation of GT1 racing cars, in the 97-99 season.

Man, PD has a huge chance to make Gran Turismo games unbeatable if it fills the Gr.1 and Gr.2 categories with more cars. I won't go on too long because this topic is dedicated to Gr.3 and Gr.4, but I think this car along with its corresponding competitors will still appear in GT7 or GT8.

I do find it odd, PD left with the Silvia GR.4, but not the Z GT4 concept in Super Taikyu, that I'm sure they knew about . I mean, they added the road car under the table. So easy for them to make. The parts are there for the race car.

Is there a list of which gr3 and gr4 cars in the game are modeled after real race cars and which are PD's own creations? For example, the Mustang gr4 is close to the real life version, but it's still PD's own look a like race car (probably made up specs?), unlike Nissan GTR's at gr3 which are modelled after real thing.

Is there a list of which gr3 and gr4 cars in the game are modeled after real race cars and which are PD's own creations? For example, the Mustang gr4 is close to the real life version, but it's still PD's own look a like race car (probably made up specs?), unlike Nissan GTR's at gr3 which are modelled after real thing.
closest thing is this - https://gran-turismo.fandom.com/wiki/Category:Gr.3 click and check each car to get the info
95% of the cars are based on real racing cars

Regarding PD’s “real” race cars, if you want to see something really cool, I was watching this race yesterday. At 5:30, you’ll see a couple RCZs on the grid.

There were a couple that raced in the Bathurst 12H ten years ago.

Some of these are going to be impossible as they fall under the SRO license (Which is held by Kunos and probably will be for a very long time)
But I definitely think we need some new cars
Also, It’s unlikely for there to be an 8C Gr.3 car as it’s way too old
This(licenses) is the modern desease and plague of modern society/industrie/business, i mean, the overall hunger for money just ruins the game industry and developers freedom to develope in this case racing games, and the best example was the 24 of Lemans Virtual Event which was such a garbage but in some way a eye-openning to be the best example, companys that have no experience in the game industry to try to allienate this innovative market to fit the RL real world monetization and feed RL companys/tvs/brands/pilots all involved to suck people and people money to exclusive content...

Its very sad that PD and Sony or any other gaming company have to pay for licenses, games are free advertising platforms for cars/tracks/events, it should be forbidden to use such burocracys to feed rich people and to limit people and developers to have acess to things that will be virtual...

I mean why in the hell cant PD or any other company have freedom..., this modern democracy or whatever people call it its just nonsense.
If gaming companys have to pay something put in a way that every gaming company have acess and freedom to develope their games in a equal manner, fixed prices no exclusive contracts, same price with a ceiling so its possible to every company use which cars/tracks they want...

Its really sad that people enjoy a game and cant have acess the content cause of all that/this stupidity...

Last edited:
This(licenses) is the modern desease and plague of modern society/industrie/business, i mean, the overall hunger for money just ruins the game industry and developers freedom to develope in this case racing games, and the best example was the 24 of Lemans Virtual Event which was such a garbage but in some way a eye-openning to be the best example, companys that have no experience in the game industry to try to allienate this innovative market to fit the RL real world monetization and feed RL companys/tvs/brands/pilots all involved to suck people and people money to exclusive content...

Its very sad that PD and Sony or any other gaming company have to pay for licenses, games are free advertising platforms for cars/tracks/events, it should be forbidden to use such burocracys to feed rich people and to limit people and developers to have acess to things that will be virtual...

I mean why in the hell cant PD or any other company have freedom..., this modern democracy or whatever people call it its just nonsense.
If gaming companys have to pay something put in a way that every gaming company have acess and freedom to develope their games in a equal manner, fixed prices no exclusive contracts, same price with a ceiling so its possible to every company use which cars/tracks they want...

Its really sad that people enjoy a game and cant have acess the content cause of all that/this stupidity...
You should know that modern GT3/GT4 cars are not tied to SRO license - and they can always get different source for these cars, such as from VLN/N24, Super Taikyu, GT300, or IMSA GTD.

If someone from PD reads this, with just one from this list I would already be happy.

But considering that legends like the NSX JGTC, R390 GT1 and Toyota GT-One are not present, I don't know what to expect regarding racing cars.

Here we go:

Abarth 500 Gr.4
Acura Integra Type-S Gr.4
Acura TLX Type-S Gr.3
Alfa Romeo Giulia Gr.4
Alfa Romeo Giulia Gr.3
Alpine A110 GT4
Alpine A110 Gr.3
Aston Martin Vantage GT4
Aston Martin Vantage GT3
Audi RS3 LMS TCR
Bentley Continental Gr.4
Bentley Continental GT3
BMW M4 GT4 (G82)
BMW M3 GT3 (G82)
Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing Gr.4
Cadillac ATS-VR GT3
Chevrolet Camaro GT4.R
Chevrolet Corvette C8.R
Cupra León Competición TCR
Cupra León Gr.3
DS3 Gr.4
Ferrari 296 GT3
Ford Mustang GT4
Ford Focus RS Gr.4
Honda Civic TCR (FL5)
Hyundai Elantra N TCR
Infiniti Q50 Gr.4
Infiniti Q60 Gr.3
Kia Stinger Gr.4
Kia Stinger Gr.3
KTM X-Bow GT4
Lotus Emira GT4
Lotus Emira Gr.3
Maserati MC20 Gr.4
Maserati MC20 Gr.3
McLaren Artura GT4
McLaren 720s GT3
Mercedes-AMG GT GT4
MINI Cooper S Gr.4
Nissan Z GT4
Peugeot 207 GTi Gr.4
Peugeot 308 TCR
Skoda Octavia RS Gr.4
Skoda Octavia RS Gr.3
Toyota GR Yaris Gr.4
Toyota GR Corolla TCR
Volvo S60 Gr.4
Volvo S60 Gr.3
VW Polo GTi Gr.4
VW Golf GTi TCR
VW Arteon R Gr.3

I would love to have those latest GT3 cars but people seems to forget that GT game isn't focused on GT3 cars only like ACC plus they got official license so they have to have those latest cars and actual tracks

but GT7 isn't all about that , you got road cars , historic cars , legendary cars etc and you can't please everybody with the new car choices and tracks

so we can't expect every new GT3 car to be in GT7 , most likely GT8 will get most them

Last edited:
3 brand new cars and a track would be nice, but would you be willing to pay PD for them? That ACC DLC isn't free.
I’ve paid for my ACC DLC(initially PS4 Slim and I upgraded to PS5). With GT7, at the moment, we’ve not paid for DLC(unless the extra I paid for the 25th Anniversary Digital counts). It’s all up to PD in modelling the latest GT3 cars and including a track.
The latest cars and newest tracks to the franchise, have been included together. without paying extra. It can be done.

nice , now i still want to see it in GT7 even the non evo version

funny how the new Ferrari 296 GT3 is like Ferrari made their 720s with V6 engine

i wonder which one of these will be in the game first 🤔

Last edited:
This is good. At least I can start ticking off some up to date cars for my Super Taikyu grid. Any other GT3 series, the cars are all new. Going to be a good minute, if more newer GT3 cars are on the way:

Aston Martin
McLaren
Porsche
Ferrari
BMW

Not to mention the Corvette and Mustang GT3 debut next year.

This is good. At least I can start ticking off some up to date cars for my Super Taikyu grid. Any other GT3 series, the cars are all new. Going to be a good minute, if more newer GT3 cars are on the way:

Aston Martin
McLaren
Porsche
Ferrari
BMW

Not to mention the Corvette and Mustang GT3 debut next year.
They still seem to be a few years behind so i’d say the bmw m4, Ferrari 296 and latest 911 are unlikely. Still hopeful we’ll get the c8r, 720, 488 and the vantage. Which I would be more than happy with

They still seem to be a few years behind so i’d say the bmw m4, Ferrari 296 and latest 911 are unlikely. Still hopeful we’ll get the c8r, 720, 488 and the vantage. Which I would be more than happy with
M4 is possible with PD modelling the 2021 GT300 BR-Z. Plus, we did just get 2023 Super Formula cars. However, still no Super GT GT500 cars. I’ve got no idea how PD operate.
Don't forget about Huracan Evo too
For sure and any GT4 cars. Without those GT SPort 10+ car updates, I realistically can’t see much in the way of steady GT3 & GT4 cars being added. Like I said, if they are coming, it’s going to be a while.

Back