List Of Duplicates In Forza 6!

Canada
Canada
Legionaire88
I have the ultimate edition, it has 487 cars total, the regular edition has 460. I am sure there is 487 cars because it says 487 cars available to rent on some of the multiplayer game modes.

I have gathered a list of all duplicates, I count a duplicate as a car of the same Manufacturer that looks the same as another car but with different colors. Most of the team Forza/Fast and Furious edition cars looked different than the regular ones so I did not count those. This now leaves only race cars being the true duplicates.

Chevrolet
IndyCar 3 same

Ferrari
Racing Italia 2 same
NINI Dirab Racubg F333 2 same
BART 512 race car 2 same

Ford
Falcon Race Car 2 same
Capri Turbo Race car 2 same

Formula E
10 same

Holden
4 Same

Honda
Indy Car 7 same
Racing Civic 2 same

Lamborghini
Gallardo Race Car 2 same

Mazda
Mazdaspeed race car 2 same

McLaren
GT3 Racecar 2 same

Mercades
AMG E63 V8 Race Car 2 same

Peugeot
Sport Total 908 2 same

Toyota
Avensis race car 3 same

Volvo
S60 Race car 2 same

Total:51

A low number considering Gran Turismo 6 has 100-150 duplicates or more. If you have the Premium edition, the real number of cars is 453.

If you are talking dupes than all of those team Forza cars should be counted as well. While I haven't looked closely at them I think they are simply the same car with some upgrades installed and a livery.

So 51 [not counting the team forza cars] out of <500 is a low number but 100-150 out of >1200 is a high number? I don't follow the logic there?

If you are talking dupes than all of those team Forza cars should be counted as well. While I haven't looked closely at them I think they are simply the same car with some upgrades installed and a livery.

So 51 [not counting the team forza cars] out of <500 is a low number but 100-150 out of >1200 is a high number? I don't follow the logic there?
I think there are more than 150 in GT6. Overall there is possibly 200-300+ I think duplicates out of 1200 on GT6 but am unsure.

Without duplicates GT6 has around 400-600 cars I think compared to Forza 6's 440 without duplicates.

I think there are more than 150 in GT6. Overall there is possibly 200-300+ I think duplicates out of 1200 on GT6 but am unsure.

Without duplicates GT6 has around 400-600 cars I think compared to Forza 6's 440 without duplicates.

So 1200+ - even 300 is still over 900 cars not 400-600. It seems like you are counting stuff as dupes in GT that is not actually a dupe and not counting stuff in Forza that is in some effort to say that Forza has more cars but that is simply not even close to true.

Forza has a good car list. GT has a very good car list. Both have some cars that could be considered dupes yet are different in some way even if only the paint or name but that does not matter. There are plenty of cars. I like that Forza has the old Muscle cars and GT has some really great cars that do not appear in anything else. Both are must have games for a fan of this type of game.

So 1200+ - even 300 is still over 900 cars not 400-600. It seems like you are counting stuff as dupes in GT that is not actually a dupe and not counting stuff in Forza that is in some effort to say that Forza has more cars but that is simply not even close to true.

Forza has a good car list. GT has a very good car list. Both have some cars that could be considered dupes yet are different in some way even if only the paint or name but that does not matter. There are plenty of cars. I like that Forza has the old Muscle cars and GT has some really great cars that do not appear in anything else. Both are must have games for a fan of this type of game.
I'm now doing a count of all dupes in FM6 and GT6 via spreadsheet. I'm done up to the Chevrolet NASCAR's and there's already over 50 duplicates for GT6. Will post it here when I'm done for both games.

Well as far as I am concerned it doesn't matter. Those Nascars for example are not really dupes as much as you might think, the performance is slightly different from one to the next and it would be pretty boring if every one was driving a Nascar with the same livery so the variety is good.

I'm not even sure why I see people on this forum keep bring up this "dupe" topic, would you be happier if there were just 1 of each and the total number of cars was lower? What if the only Chevy would be Johnson and you really like Gordon or whatever. Yes having more than one of what is basically the same car makes it easier to get the car count up there but who cares? I would rather have more choice than less even if some of those choices are the exact same car with a different paint job.

Anyway to each his own, I do not see it as an issue in either game.

Interesting topic for sure.

I also don't care much for duplicate cars and hope this does not continue with Forza just to bump car count, but I am pretty dang sure there are well over 200-300 duplicate cars in GT6. Dupes kinda make a little sense in GT because it does not have a vinyl editor. It makes little sense having dupes in Forza IMO.

Last edited:
Well as far as I am concerned it doesn't matter. Those Nascars for example are not really dupes as much as you might think, the performance is slightly different from one to the next and it would be pretty boring if every one was driving a Nascar with the same livery so the variety is good.

I'm not even sure why I see people on this forum keep bring up this "dupe" topic, would you be happier if there were just 1 of each and the total number of cars was lower? What if the only Chevy would be Johnson and you really like Gordon or whatever. Yes having more than one of what is basically the same car makes it easier to get the car count up there but who cares? I would rather have more choice than less even if some of those choices are the exact same car with a different paint job.

Adding to this, I'm not that bothered by the dupes being introduced this iteration, especially because it's not like they would need so much development time considering they are just changing a livery, so concerns of wasted time wouldn't be that much of a problem. The fact that they have kept it around race cars is alright with me too, it's the road cars that I would be worried about. I don't mind small generational changes for dupes, the First and Second gen S2000 for example, but when it starts leading into the double digits of one generation of car where the only differences are cosemetic, that's when it does become one. Not because of time waste, but because that is just too much car padding for me to handle.

Well consider this. Forza has the 1970 Cougar Eliminator which is cool but I would much rather have the 69 which is almost identical yet IMO the better looking car I would be thrilled to see it added to the game even though the 70 is already there. The fact that I used to own a 69 plays into that a bit. I also had 2 Novas 4 Firebirds 3 Mustangs and an ElCamino but all were just a little removed from the ones that are in the game. If any of these were added I would be a happy camper even though there is somethign close to all of them there already.

Well consider this. Forza has the 1970 Cougar Eliminator which is cool but I would much rather have the 69 which is almost identical yet IMO the better looking car I would be thrilled to see it added to the game even though the 70 is already there. The fact that I used to own a 69 plays into that a bit. I also had 2 Novas 4 Firebirds 3 Mustangs and an ElCamino but all were just a little removed from the ones that are in the game. If any of these were added I would be a happy camper even though there is somethign close to all of them there already.
I don't even like Muscle cars, but I just love the look of the Cougar Eliminators. It is probably the only Muscle car that I would sit down with and actually take the time to make a good tuned vehicle. That and the GTO Judge.

The Judge is indeed a sweet ride, and the Cougar has had a spot in my heart for a very long time. I was 16 when I got my first 69 Cougar and what a car. It looked great, handled better than anything I had driven before and was very fast.

Firstly, I think my thread largely covers this, or is very much capable of it. :D

If it doesn't matter, you wouldn't be rallying so hard for a more critical approach to FM's car list (or a more lax one with GT's). :P

It would be boring, I agree. A livery editor would fix that.

I think people take issue with the dupes because it vastly inflates the car count, and a lot of people trot it out as some sort of hammer. "1200 cars" sounds far more impressive with no other details than "800 or so, with hundreds of duplicates". The game has the EG Civic, in '91, '92, '93, and '95 flavour. That's padding. It has two Suzuki Swifts, identical in all ways bar turn signals on the side mirrors. It has fifteen 1.6L-engined NA MX-5's. Or sixteen pre-facelift FD RX-7's (numbers all from here). That sort of padding is what people tend to complain about.

The padding in FM6 bothers me too, but as it's largely the race cars, I imagine there are reasons for that, or at least, more so than duplicating road cars.

I will agree with you on one thing though: I'd take another year of the Cougar. As much as I enjoy the Eliminator, I've got a soft-spot for the '68 all because of From Dusk Till Dawn. :P

Well I would not say I was rallying hard at all, just basically tired of seeing posts basically putting down GT due to perceived dupes. I've been seeing these for years and it gets annoying. as for those Civics 91,92,93 are three different and unique cars. They are not dupes, they may be very very close but they aren't dupes. If the game only had say the 92 then those people out there who used to have a 91 or a 93 would be wishing that the one they had was there. GT has tried to get as many of them as possible and that is a good thing.

As for padding, even without all of the cars that are from the same gen/model and very close to each other GT still would have more cars than any other game so the fact that the count is higher is kind of moot anyway.

Anyway I have said more than enough on the dupe topic so I will move on.

I also like the 68 Cougar, I have driven the wheels off it in GT 4-6. Would be nice to have one of those in Forza as well.

Well I would not say I was rallying hard at all, just basically tired of seeing posts basically putting down GT due to perceived dupes. I've been seeing these for years and it gets annoying. as for those Civics 91,92,93 are three different and unique cars. They are not dupes, they may be very very close but they aren't dupes. If the game only had say the 92 then those people out there who used to have a 91 or a 93 would be wishing that the one they had was there. GT has tried to get as many of them as possible and that is a good thing.
No, that is infact the same car. I don't believe there was anything mechanical, or even cosmetically different between the three years that are offered. If there is no difference whatsoever, then one year would suffice. It's an odd thing to get upset that your exact year car didn't come in the game, when there is literally nothing different then the numbered year at the end. That instance just seems a little excessive.

I had an 07 Civic SI in real life, it would make no difference that the 06 was used in FM rather then the 07, as there was not a single change until 2010.

These cars aren't actually duplicates. Regarding the race cars, they're different teams. Sure, if the bodies are the same for each race series, all we need are the liveries. Yet, we don't have all the teams in V8s, GT3 and BTCC. Now, if we had the MX-5, S2000, GT-R thing happening, then yes, F6 is duping.

These cars aren't actually duplicates. Regarding the race cars, they're different teams. Sure, if the bodies are the same for each race series, all we need are the liveries. Yet, we don't have all the teams in V8s, GT3 and BTCC. Now, if we had the MX-5, S2000, GT-R thing happening, then yes, F6 is duping.
^^^ Different liveries =/= duplicates

I don't think so. For me a livery would make or brake me buying a car.

If this was the only Z4 livery, I wouldn't buy it in game:
forza_motorsport_6___bmw_z4_gte___spa_by_maxoulepilote-d99wdbg.jpg

But because this livery is in, I would:
Forza6.jpg

I feel that's not the case in this game. This is not about 3 models of the same car for different Continent content. Surely not about a hi-res cars versus completed inside outside rendering of the same car/same year/same model.

I can easily say NASCAR in GT6 are dupes but, they are completely different liveries for each of those cars. In regards to F6, I can play this game of F6 duplicates for the sake of this thread.

I feel that's not the case in this game. This is not about 3 models of the same car for different Continent content. Surely not about a hi-res cars versus completed inside outside rendering of the same car/same year/same model.

I can easily say NASCAR in GT6 are dupes but, they are completely different liveries for each of those cars. In regards to F6, I can play this game of F6 duplicates for the sake of this thread.

These are duplicates almost certainly dictated by licensing of individual teams. Duplicating so you can have a JDM, USDM and Euro Roadster/Miata/MX5 is a sin.

Not sure how my comment was understood but I was agreeing with you, I said different liveries do not equal (shouldn't count as) duplicates. They are completely different cars run by different teams as you say, and if these games were a bit more accurate they might even have performance or setup differences.

Not sure how my comment was understood but I was agreeing with you, I said different liveries do not equal (shouldn't count as) duplicates. They are completely different cars run by different teams as you say, and if these games were a bit more accurate they might even have performance or setup differences.

Realistically yes, but this is a game and it's not realistic.

In theory, according to the V8 Rules the only difference between the cars is the engine and the bodywork. In theory the Engines should all be built to the same specification and the bodywork is subject to parity test to bring it into line. So in theory they're essentially the same.

Which is the route Forza has taken for simplicities sake, to the the point where every single V8 supercar in the game is exactly the same bar what body is on the car. So essentially when it comes to forza, all 10 v8 supercars are mechanical dupes. And there is literally no difference between the different Fords, Holdens and Mercs in the game. Aside from livery they are exactly the same car. They are dupicates

Don't really see too much of an issue with it since they seem to be there to justify the few racing series in the game that surround them (like the Formula E & V8 Supercars). However, they'd be really great if we could generate our own races in Free Play & choose to have these cars as opponents.

But, that's for another issue.

Realistically yes, but this is a game and it's not realistic.

In theory, according to the V8 Rules the only difference between the cars is the engine and the bodywork. In theory the Engines should all be built to the same specification and the bodywork is subject to parity test to bring it into line. So in theory they're essentially the same.

Which is the route Forza has taken for simplicities sake, to the the point where every single V8 supercar in the game is exactly the same bar what body is on the car. So essentially when it comes to forza, all 10 v8 supercars are mechanical dupes. And there is literally no difference between the different Fords, Holdens and Mercs in the game. Aside from livery they are exactly the same car. They are dupicates
No, your thinking of NASCAR
Holden use a 5 Litre Chevrolet engine
Ford use their own ford engine
Correct me if I'm wrong but Nissans engine is an upgraded and tuned engine from a Nissan patrol 4x4
Volvo use their own engine , which believe it or not is a Volvo engine!
And I have no idea about Erebus

So, sorry your wrong and the more v8s there is, the better!

No, your thinking of NASCAR
Holden use a 5 Litre Chevrolet engine
Ford use their own ford engine
Correct me if I'm wrong but Nissans engine is an upgraded and tuned engine from a Nissan patrol 4x4
Volvo use their own engine , which believe it or not is a Volvo engine!
And I have no idea about Erebus

So, sorry your wrong and the more v8s there is, the better!

Yeah it's a race spec engine of what you get in a Nissan Titan. And just destroked to meet regs. Erebus use an actual Merc V8 the M159 seen in their AMG supercars. Volvo's 5.0 is just reworked version based on the Yamaha one they were using for the XC90/S80. So yeah in some respects it isn't their engine, but the ones you see in the race cars are built by Volvo and Polestar thus their engine just not original design.

As for the Performance of them in respect to Forza, why should they all have vast variation, in reality they all put out the same torque and power figures (despite what Nissan will have you believe), some of them are just using different cranks, flat vs cross. So what disappointing to me is the sound aspect between a Holden and Volvo for example. Other than using the same sounds, I don't see anything duplicated about the cars and more than I do with NASCAR in GT.

They're spec series thus they should perform in identical ways and in real world they do so the gaming world isn't that far off which is good. None of the cars posted are duplicates.

As many others like @glassjaw and @05XR8 have said. Though since (if I remember right) FM uses these as part of the car list, and it inflates the number @SlipZtrEm points out, then it could be said they are duplicates in that regard.

Last edited:
To me, even Forza 5 had an insane number of cars. Did anyone actually play 50% of the cars in FM5? I guess I have low standards. Hell I remember loving sega rally, that only had 3 cars.

To me, even Forza 5 had an insane number of cars. Did anyone actually play 50% of the cars in FM5? I guess I have low standards. Hell I remember loving sega rally, that only had 3 cars.
By my count, I've driven about a third of them. Not bad considering I only got the system in May.

Latest Posts

Back