List of Games with Game Saves that are Locked to the Original PSN ID

I think MidnightClub:LA is too - because I can't seem to get a "borrowed" game-save to work. Is there a way you can check to see if a gamesave is from the same region as your game?

Midnight club LA works.

what I do is use the game to create a game save then I copy a game save file from your source wherever you find one from and overwrite the existing file--seems work better that way.

Digital-Nitrate,

How did you make out with Warhawk?

My original 60Gb unit had some weird displaying issues, mostly with menu icons, friend's list avatars, game icons and text messages. All the images are stretched diagonaly and distorted. The HDD had to be "restored" before sending in for repair.

I bought a new 80Gb unit recently and tried to copy my racing game saves to the new unit. I discovered that none of the Need for Speed series, nor MotoGP08 were able to copy (locked). This was particularily frustrating since I had completed 84% of Undercover and liked to use my garage cars in online play.

My question to this community is whether you think we could use our combined influence in anyway to let game developers know that we may be reluctant to purchase their game up front, knowing that we can't legitemately transfer a game save should we need to. 💡

I discovered that none of the Need for Speed series, nor MotoGP08 were able to copy (locked). This was particularily frustrating since I had completed 84% of Undercover and liked to use my garage cars in online play.
Most EA games (If not all) have locked gamesaves. It's been a subject of complaints all over 'the internets'. Sadly, EA doens't care, so I really doubt that anything can be done about it.

Add Resident Evil 5 to the list of locked saves. Such a shame.

I don't understand why they would lock a console game. Makes no sense.

Maybe, they think people won't purchase a game; only borrow it, if they can get away with downloading a game save with everything unlocked. How many games will that be? Not much to make a difference.

However, how many people wont purchase a game if they know they can NEVER download a game save to obtain an unlockable they can't get on their own? Again, probably not enough to matter. So, why do it, then? Why lock a game save to a console?

Stupid.

Hello Digital-Nitrate, are you have a North American Account, and if you do, do you have GTHD on you download list? Will you allow me to use your account (if it is a NA Account) just to download that?

The Demon's Souls game save file is copy protected. You can't copy it to a USB flash drive, for example, or even to another user account on your own PS3.

From what I've read, one can apparently copy the game save by performing a full system backup, but it will still be locked to the original PS3 that it was created on. You can not even restore it to another system, even if said other system has the same PSN ID on it.

This was obviously done to prevent possible online 'cheating', but I still think that this is a really stupid thing that the developers have chosen to do.

Back