list the cars you guys HATE trying to tune

  • Thread starter Thread starter mistapanther
  • 39 comments
  • 3,335 views
Motor City Hami
Ohhhh. Two cars that I like. Maybe this thread should turn into a heal/hurt type of thread?

Heeeell nooo.

There's not to much I hate trying to tune, but there are some cars that get tunes that aren't required in my eyes (FTO STC, Giulia TZ2 and that like).

To be fair though I'm not good at tuning for stuff like drag and drift cause I just don't do that stuff.
 
So far:
Citroen GT Concept, the thing won't turn.
Jag E-Type, understeer into a corner, horrific oversteer on corner exit

It's a big car so you'll need to make it a low-rider with heavy-duty spring rates to stabilize the weight across the wheelbase. The weight from the overhangs can create a nasty push/pull effect during weight transfer, dial it out and corner on the static camber. I went a bit harder on compression to keep it stable and then not as much extension; keeping the rebound low can help reduce rapid weight transfer problems with cars like the E-Type. Just don't take it to Nurburgring!:crazy:

Suspension helps, but a properly tuned LSD can actually take this car from zero to hero! I'd buy the LSD before ever touching the suspension, I put an LSD on a stock one while taking laps on Eiger Short. I lost 2 seconds off my time and it handled better than my stock '69 Corvette!👍

I'm nearly 100% rally at this point, but I've got one bad apple for each. On a road course, my arch-nemesis has been and forever will be that spawn of satan known as the Lancia Stratos Rally Car! In the dirt it's brilliant, a fully modified road version gives me no problems on dirt or tarmac, but there's just something very odd about the way the rally car handles that never clicked with me and nothing I did ever worked.

Now rally is a different story, in the dirt my number one most hated 4-wheeled foe has to be the Volvo S60! I drove it once and it was so horrific I never even tried to tune it. I've tuned a Lexus SC430 and Chrysler 300C for dirt, so just imagine how bad that Volvo must be for me to just give up before even buying parts!
 
Last edited:
Veyron , althought I made a good tune for it (I think) , I think PD made the veyron without handling , he doesn't turn , soo maybe the veyron is badly done , for what I see on TV veyron handles like a dream (and drifts :dopey:).
 
Pescarolo Courage c60
I've given up on that car.
 
Veyron , althought I made a good tune for it (I think) , I think PD made the veyron without handling , he doesn't turn , soo maybe the veyron is badly done , for what I see on TV veyron handles like a dream (and drifts :dopey:).

I think what the problem is, they not only didn't skipped over the fact that the veyron has amazing, and very wide/grippy tires (to me the veyron only feels right on sports medium/soft, and almost every other supercar feels right on comfort soft), and they also did a poor job simulating the Veyrons crazy advanced 4WD system that helps it put more power down where it's needed, and make it handle much better than it rightfully should.

They were able to properly simulate the similar 4WD systems that the GT-R has, enabling that car to handle amazingly despite the weight, just like in real life, but I don't think they put the same effort in for the Veyron.

maybe it's because they ported it from GT PSP or something. I'm starting to think that in some cases, the standards aren't as high quality of a simulation as the premiums, this being one of them, but I agree. The veyron should handle much better than it does.

What i've done to tune it, probably sounds crazy but it worked for me. Tune the rear toe angle to -.20 to -.50 (usually rear toe is ALWAYS positive). Of course, also tune the front toe to at least -.20, but the rear as well.

That's the only thing that has really made a difference in the veyron's manuverability that I've tried.

A lot of it is just getting used to the speed. It's not a race car, but it has the acceleration of an open wheeled car so naturally, you're going to need to brake earlier than normal. If you brake on time, really the veyron has no more trouble turning than even an SLS, or a 599.
 
All the GTR'S til the R35. If I tune them I make them worse!!!!! I don't know why, I have to drive them stock or use one of the garages in here tunes.
 
1970 Plymouth Superbird! This car has caused me so much aggravation! With a good set up this car could be a real beast.
 
The GT500 Lexus Denso Dunlop SC430. Nothing makes sense in the damn car and I just can't make it go any faster.

Also, the ferrari F10 beause it has no relation to real single seater mechanics and it's just senseless.
 
Pescarolo Courage c60, Shelby GT350R ’65.

Also the cuda 440 six pack and the old GTO (ponitac or plymoth or something).
 
Agree with the Shelby GT350R, but I expected that to be a handful. I didn't expect the '07 Mustang to give me a bigger headache. I want to tune one for my wife but it is just aggravating me at this point. :yuck:

Makes me want to find the guy at PD that programmed it and throw my shoe at the back of his head in a juvenile display of contempt. :banghead:
 
Back