Live stream Brands Hatch race - the sound!

France
Paris
WOW- i'm REALLY shocked at the sound of the cars in that race. I'm quite lost for words.
I'm very underwhelmed by what i've seen of the racing and i can hardly tell the difference between this and GT6. Next up is the Green Hell race. Fingers crossed these cars sound better. I'm not holding my breath though.

Sinking feeling in my stomach....:(

yep, i cant understand why they wont even talk about it. i feel this is just sony pushing pd to release something before gt7 just to move the ps4 and vr. its looks like gt6 with a livery editor and awesome photomode

Well, the sound on the Ring is certainly better than the Brands Hatch race.
One thing i noticed on the Ring starting grid was that there are still some shocking graphical touches. The Subaru at the back of the grid had some REALLY poor edging on the windows and some liveries. This really does look like a GT6 port. Clearly you can see some of the PS4's graphical power on things like the trees.

Screen Shot 2016-05-19 at 21.54.55.png

The low poly count on the wheel arch - seriously?

Screen Shot 2016-05-19 at 21.55.36.png

and the rear window on the Subaru - i really hope this is just due to the 720p youtube compression. The front red stripe edging looks poor too.

Last edited by a moderator:
Heckuva racing going on for 2nd at the Nords:bowdown:. Just saw an instant replay of a crash...awesome!

GTS redesigned from scratch? it is not.

it is a spinoff port, data compression algorithm transfer from PS3 ==> PS4, added livery editor because there is more room to do so in video buffer.

the rest is all the same, which isn't a bad thing, for some.

If this game is shipping with those awful sounds, I most certainly will not be buying it.

:yuck:

View attachment 547803

View attachment 547805

and the rear window on the Subaru - i really hope this is just due to the 720p youtube compression. The front red stripe edging looks poor too.
LOD bugs, nothing to discuss actually. Things like that happen in unfinished games.
The audio on the other hand gives me nightmares, god damn it Polyphony...

What really pleases me about the sounds is the Turbo wastegate noises and the exhaust notes from diesel cars. They're really impressive. All in all, i'm really impressed about the new sounds. My only gripe is maybe have a little tweaks to tires and gearbox. Other than that i'm really excited for GTSport!!

Overall, I'm fine with the sounds, they're not bad. But some of them sound great. Team VVV did a direct feed with the Aston Martin on that oval track and it sounded very meaty. If any of you have problems with that, then I guess you have problems. ;)

Overall, I'm fine with the sounds, they're not bad. But some of them sound great. Team VVV did a direct feed with the Aston Martin on that oval track and it sounded very meaty. If any of you have problems with that, then I guess you have problems. ;)
You really need to stop telling people they have 'problems' or are 'strange humans' because they share a different opinion to you, it's extremely rude. And no, adding a winking face doesn't change that.

Last edited:

For Spectator Mode I think they reduce image quality a lot to keep those 60FPS so you can watch the race as smooth as if you are playing it.
Those polys there can be seen in GT6 as well even in photomode because sometimes "adaptive tessellation" takes some seconds to load so you can see it all detailed. (the car models)

If they are using the same "tech" (which means they are using the same engine...it clearly is the same engine) what you are looking there is that.

In those live or off-screen footage from actual live races (not from spectator mode) the game does look way better from the right perspective (first person while playing).

The only thing worrying here is the poor anti-aliasing (even in menus while looking at the cars), LOD distance plus some textures and details from the tracks (like grass and such). But they are working in that.

Then for me the sounds are the main problem of GT series overall. Let's see the finished product...in reviews.

You really need to stop telling people they have 'problems' or are 'strange humans' because they share a different opinion to you, it's extremely rude. And no, adding a winking face doesn't change that.
You seem to have no trouble sharing counter opinions, Mr Minimod. ;)

I think there's also the fact that complaining someone into doing what you want is usually always counterproductive. Ask any couple. And here, most criticism isn't exactly as erudite as Griffith500's by a good country mile. But... what do I know? I suppose that works well at the PCARS forums.

The thing is that if you really think PD aren't accomplishing anything in this game, I simply can't agree to that. Sorry. But really, I should just ignore all sound subject threads, because a number of people won't be happy no matter how things change. Ear damage or epic fail.

You seem to have no trouble sharing counter opinions, Mr Minimod.

Saying you're happy with the sounds is an opinion. Telling other people they have problems or are strange because they don't share your thoughts is not an opinion, it's just rude.

The thing is that if you really think PD aren't accomplishing anything in this game, I simply can't agree to that.

Who said that?

I think there's also the fact that complaining someone into doing what you want is usually always counterproductive.

Who is doing that? This is a forum for discussion and opinions, not everything is directed at PD. If someone wants to say the sounds suck that's their opinion that they're free to post. But you've never been able to accept that, it clearly grates on you that people are being critical since you continue with the indirect jabs in your posts. "I'm loving X, it's great......those moaners don't know what they're missing".

But... what do I know? I suppose that works well at the PCARS forums.

The hell does the pCARS forum have to do with anything?

because a number of people won't be happy no matter how things change

Meanwhile certain people will apparently be happy with everything and then spend most of their time on the board indirectly picking at other people because they dare to think differently.

Last edited:
Samus, I'm sorry, but I simply don't understand your point.

You guys certainly have trouble understanding my position on this matter. No, I decidedly do not say that the sounds in Gran Turismo are, my favorite pet phrase, paaarfect. What game is? In my estimation, the best example overall is RaceRoom, but it could perhaps stand a touch here and there too. I have agreed on a number of occasions that in many areas, I want to see GT7 improve in many areas, including sound, and now in Sport.

So let's be clear here. Evidently it's perfectly within a certain group's right on GT Planet to insist that the car sounds are bad, even when this isn't true, and a number of cars are up to other games' standards. Irrelevant, the sounds in Gran Turismo are bad. Meanwhile, other games are defended pretty heavily if you say boo about them. This is the weirdest fansite I ever saw...

GT Planet, The Real Argument Arena. ;)

Samus, I'm sorry, but I simply don't understand your point.

You guys certainly have trouble understanding my position on this matter. No, I decidedly do not say that the sounds in Gran Turismo are, my favorite pet phrase, paaarfect. What game is? In my estimation, the best example overall is RaceRoom, but it could perhaps stand a touch here and there too. I have agreed on a number of occasions that in many areas, I want to see GT7 improve in many areas, including sound, and now in Sport.

So let's be clear here. Evidently it's perfectly within a certain group's right on GT Planet to insist that the car sounds are bad, even when this isn't true, and a number of cars are up to other games' standards. Irrelevant, the sounds in Gran Turismo are bad. Meanwhile, other games are defended pretty heavily if you say boo about them. This is the weirdest fansite I ever saw...

GT Planet, The Real Argument Arena. ;)
Please list the cars that are up to other games standards.

Back