Live Stream: FIA Gran Turismo Championships Nürburgring World Tour (Manufacturer Series)

It’s a shame they don’t share the replay angles that they have available - as I was told post race that I made no contact with the Mercedes but the angle makes it look like I did. in car I felt nothing whatsoever except for the Mercedes attempting to ram me off the road on the downhill section lol.

Epic group of races and racers, thrilling finish and obviously pleased with the result!

Yamanaka and Rick won the race for us though with their sublime stints before I just had to bring it home though

It’s a shame they don’t share the replay angles that they have available - as I was told post race that I made no contact with the Mercedes but the angle makes it look like I did. in car I felt nothing whatsoever except for the Mercedes attempting to ram me off the road on the downhill section lol.

Epic group of races and racers, thrilling finish and obviously pleased with the result!

Yamanaka and Rick won the race for us though with their sublime stints before I just had to bring it home though
Great job by you holding the lead. :scared:👍

It was a gutsy attempt to pass at the end by Mercedes. Probably the highlight of the race. It's a shame the race did not end with a hand shake. That could have been a great moment for competition and sportsmanship.

You did a brilliant job hanging on to that win and I didn't see anything wrong with how you did it.

Congrats.:cheers:

So Latkovski ruined the race of Lopez (fuel issue but had the podium in the bag), and gets a tiny time penalty that still keeps him in 2nd place? Lmao. Thats ridiculous. I think he shouldn't even be allowed on the podium.
In fact I think time penalties in general are stupid, because the faster you are, the less likely you are to pay for a mistake, so being faster indirectly means you have more right to be dirty without punishment, than the slower ones.
Should be a place penalties no matter if the drivers behind are 5, 10, 30, 60 seconds down.
That way people like the australian may learn to be cleaner.

That was the Nations Cup race: https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...ps-nürburgring-world-tour-nations-cup.388265/

I thoroughly enjoyed this event. I don't care that I only got to do 1 lap on hards in the final race and I'm sure Simon agrees with me on that. I got some time on the stream but I was concentrating so hard on not ruining Rick's race that I forgot to give a wave to the camera. It's a shame we couldn't do better for Aston Martin ruining the streak of podiums.

My Dutch teammate A. Schut did very well and he attended the first world tour event at Nurburgring last year. We were just talking back and forth on the tram radio so much which made it even more fun.

About the number of guys that were on their first world tour, another quick look at the competitor list shows that the vast majority attended at least 1 event last year. VW was the only team entirely made up of world tour virgins.

What does Chevrolet have to do to not get jobbed out at these events? Penalty at Monza for an incident where there was no contact, at least looking at the angle we the viewers got.

Bit of a late response, but Chevrolet pushed our Ford into the gravel on lap 1, which completely ruined our race. AFAIK they got one second for that?

To be fair, we had a silly track rejoin and we got fairly penalized for that, but even if we rejoined properly the race was already over for us.

Also, at Sardegna, I got penalized randomly post-race for some sort of contact with Chevrolet that was never actually explained to me, which is really confusing. I got blocked by the BMW under braking at turn 1 3 times, as well as getting run off the road by them, and there was never any action taken.

Also, on the last lap going into the hard right hander that ends the second sector, I got horribly dive bombed by the Porsche and had to take evasive action to avoid them. I went from 3rd to 6th from one bad move lol

It happens, but with those incidents avoided Ford may very well have been on the podium. You can say the same for Lexus and Jaguar.

I got last second subbed into Ford so I'm glad I gave it my best effort, I thought we'd be dead last with me onboard :lol: Adam Wilk is an amazing teammate by the way, did everything in his power to help me make sure I was comfortable doing what I wanted to do. He was basically willing to cut his practice time into halves for Races 2 & 3 to let me find my comfortable race, and gave me the full Sardegna session once he realized I got on well with it.

Back