Live Stream: LEGO Speed Champions Arrives in Forza Horizon 4

Well a lot of Forza Veterans are pissed off with this expansion. Go head over to Forza Central see why a lot of people are pissed off.

"Forza Veterans" lol.

I took a look. It's the exact same lame arguments being made here. Just "car guys" who are upset that childish LEGOs found their way into their super-cereal racing game.

EDIT: I think my favourite posts, are the ones that are all "I don't think I'm going to buy the next Horizon game any more" because of this LEGO thing, when you know full well that they absolutely will be, when the trailer for Horizon 5 comes out in two years and it looks amazing and takes place in Japan, or whatever.

It's also been amusing to see the broad internet consensus among the people mad about this expansion go from "This is an outrage! I will never play it!" to "The new racetrack is great! The new map isn't bad!" over the course of about a week.

I hope for the next game Playground make a Hello Kitty or Duplo expansion that only goes out to the super-serious Forza Veterans, just to watch the reaction.

Last edited:
Well a lot of Forza Veterans are pissed off with this expansion. Go head over to Forza Central see why a lot of people are pissed off.
That changes nothing about some of these overzealous overreactions.

If it's not your cup of tea, that's fine. I remember when the house building DLC came out for Skyrim... and I didn't care. It wasn't what I was looking for, so I didn't get it.

What I object to (or more specifically, find kinda hilarious), are the diatribes about how it's an affront to the series "realism" or "believability', and how "no one asked for this", and so on.

There's a reason the sales of this series have eclipsed the Motorsport series - it's aimed at a broader cross-section of players, than "car guys' who just want more straight-laced motorsport content. Outside of the hardcore racing game community, the reaction to the trailer for this expansion was almost universally delight at how silly and fun it looked, and people saying things like "huh, I'm actually interested in a Forza game for the first time ever".

If you just want race cars on race tracks, there's an entire other branch of Forza tailored to you.

If it's not your cup of tea, that's fine. I remember when the house building DLC came out for Skyrim... and I didn't care. It wasn't what I was looking for, so I didn't get it.

What I object to (or more specifically, find kinda hilarious), are the diatribes about how it's an affront to the series "realism" or "believability', and how "no one asked for this", and so on.

There's a reason the sales of this series have eclipsed the Motorsport series - it's aimed at a broader cross-section of players, than "car guys' who just want more straight-laced motorsport content. Outside of the hardcore racing game community, the reaction to the trailer for this expansion was almost universally delight at how silly and fun it looked, and people saying things like "huh, I'm actually interested in a Forza game for the first time ever".

If you just want race cars on race tracks, there's an entire other branch of Forza tailored to you.

Why does Forza Motorsport series still have to cater to casual and kiddies when they have Forza Horizon??

100% sure this lego stuff will make its way into Forza Motorsport 8 or maybe 7. I hope not.

If Forza want to go this route rather leaving old fans in the dust I think we have no problem moving on when there is numerous other racing games.

By the way I want the PGR series back.

100% sure this lego stuff will make its way into Forza Motorsport 8 or maybe 7. I hope not.

To steal a line from @SlipZtrEm - you finished with that time machine? I wanna check next week's lottery numbers.

If Forza want to go this route rather leaving old fans in the dust I think we have no problem moving on when there is numerous other racing games.

I'm sure you say that, but as pointed up thread, people will crawl back when Horizon 5 takes place in Japan.

Why does Forza Motorsport series still have to cater to casual and kiddies when they have Forza Horizon??

Because you cannot survive in a crowded market like the sim racing space by just being another hardcore sim racer? Besides, that casual nature is what differentiates Motorsport from the rest anyway.

Honestly, part of me feels like doing a dramatic reading of some of the ridiculous comments I’ve seen about this DLC. Utterly stunned. I hope its a huge success and we continue to get a wildcard expansion with each new release.

To steal a line from @SlipZtrEm - you finished with that time machine? I wanna check next week's lottery numbers.

I'm sure you say that, but as pointed up thread, people will crawl back when Horizon 5 takes place in Japan.

Because you cannot survive in a crowded market like the sim racing space by just being another hardcore sim racer? Besides, that casual nature is what differentiates Motorsport from the rest anyway.

I dont expect forza motorsport to be a hardcore racing sim.

But it should be a motorsport game along with focusing on racing. I miss the times of Forza 3 and 4.

Does forza 7 even need hot wheels?? Of course not why should the motorsport games even feature lego.

I'm confused, have they announced something to this effect?

They haven't. But apparently with the power of preminition, they are this close to doing so...

Honestly, part of me feels like doing a dramatic reading of some of the ridiculous comments I’ve seen about this DLC. Utterly stunned. I hope its a huge success and we continue to get a wildcard expansion with each new release.

God, please do it.

But it should be a motorsport game along with focusing on racing. I miss the times of Forza 3 and 4.

Those games still exist, you know, and you can play them still? Granted, they'd be on the 360 only, but it's not like the games have disappeared off the face of the Earth.

Back