Live Stream: Sony PlayStation 5 Games Showcase

Gran Turismo not even mentionned. Congrats Polyphony Digital. Project Management seems to continue to be at its bests.

Sony doesn't have any trust anymore.

That makes no sense. Horizon Forbidden Lands wasn't mentioned either.

I'm already sold on Demon's Souls and Spider-Man MM.

Definitely getting it on the 19th (if I can get hold of one). Tomorrow I'm placing a pre-order at Saturn.

No GT7 but there wasn't much re-capping of the previous event. Must admit there isn't much that takes me interest but they appear to have a pretty strong line of games coming.

One assumes they'll release more about the PSN+ Collection and pre order dates in a blog post or similar.

I must be getting old. The new HP game seems kinda cool. Demon's Souls it's forever in our hearts.

Aaannd... that's about it. Absolutely zero interest in the rest.

I still don't see a reason to buy a new console. Unless Team Ninja decides to port Nioh 2 :D

If it's somehow possible to get digital copies of the current disc PS4 games we own then I'd definitely go for the digital PS5. But I don't think that's going to happen. :rolleyes: So regular PS5 it'll be then. Still not bad at €499, expected it to be more really, before all of the leaks. :P Can't wait for November 19th! Some pretty cool games that they've showed already. But most of them were in the last showcase, this one wasn't that interesting in my opinion.

The PS5 event was a lot more better than MS' so called "July Event" IMHO. Good job Sony! 👍

Even without GT7, which I knew wasn't going to be at the event, the hype was real!! I will be getting both the Series X, AND the PS5 this year (I hope!) :D

Interested in FF XVI. Overall, games look good. Graphics jump seems about on par with ps3 to 4, but I'm sure things will get better as developers spend more time on the console.

I will try to get it when it's released. And will also be getting a RTX 3060 for the PC when that comes out.

I read a story that Sony was paying extra for air freight so we wouldn't have a shortage.

There's never been a Gran Turismo title available at launch for any of the Playstations before, I don't see why people were expecting that to change...

100$ more than the XSS is kind of expensive, too.

PS5 will be available to pre-order at select locations starting as early as tomorrow.

No information on which locations

Haven't watched the event. Did they say anything about backwards compatibility or PSVR2 ?
They actually showed a list of PS4 games chosen for the PS Plus Collection; whether that's the final list or if they'll keep adding more to it as time goes on no-one knows yet. Honestly surprised that WipEout Omega Collection wasn't one of them given that it was a previous PS+ title and that the PS5's racing game line-up is looking a little sparse right now.

Not too interested in the games they showed off today, so this wasn’t very exciting. Price was pretty much exactly what I thought. Looks like I’ll be going for the digital edition as I hoped. The difference in price is large enough and most the PS4 disk games that I have are part of that new games bundle included with PS plus.

There's never been a Gran Turismo title available at launch for any of the Playstations before, I don't see why people were expecting that to change...

Yeah GT won't be here for a while, wouldn't expect any different unless there is some sort of Prologue release.

As for the PS5 they are going to have a hard time going against the Series S, many will just see 'a next gen console for £100 less' and be sold.

I'm not sure those two are really comparable though. The disc-less version of the PS5 is the same spec (edit: I think) as the disc version whereas the same can't be said for the XSX and XSS. Perhaps the rumoured XSV will be more comparable.

For me personally, a combination of the PS5 disc version and the XSS would be ideal.

Last edited:
PS5 Digital and Xbox Series X All Access it is! I can't wait for early November. Providing I can get them pre-ordered and available in stock somewhere, that is....

Because the past is not the future and because gt7 is a GTS continuation with also easy port to ps5.

Thought my ps2 came with GT3 in Murica.

Edit: ya got me there, I didn't get a ps2 at launch but not long after.

Also remember that XSS will need Seagate Memory Unit and they are 100$ or more. I think we were told the XSS is shipping with 500gb or 512gb. Which isn't much these days

If you ran a standard PS4 game like Horizon Zero Dawn on the PS5,would it perform at the higher res and performance like on the Pro?

If you ran a standard PS4 game like Horizon Zero Dawn on the PS5,would it perform at the higher res and performance like on the Pro?

I don't think this sort of information on backwards compatibility has been confirmed yet.

Back