Livery Color Issue

• Thread starter Talon16
  • 8 comments
United States
United States
Here's one you can help me solve. I had this livery on my GTR. Love it. As you can see, it's a matte blue. However, I noticed one day randomly my GTR was matte black. It changed itself, and it doesn't matter how many times I try to reapply it, it comes in black. WTH? I can't get the car to come back in that matte blue to save my life. If I go to the livery editor I can pick that blue color, but I can't make it matte (solid, metallic, and pearl are the only options) so it comes in all shiny (looks more like the stripes on the rear fender).

I bought the livery so I should have that color available, but it's not. Almost like they removed it completely from the game.

Original Livery:
2d16b77a173670d16b6696f89ebaa1e5_thumb_l_x2.jpg

Originally applied:
25e9d8947e92bedcbf495d23a37f2925_photo.webp

What it looks like now. You can tell how different the color is than the a-pillars.

Attachments

• Gran Turismo® 7_20220429171220.png
    Gran Turismo® 7_20220429171220.png
    93.8 KB · Views: 79
Last edited:
If I understood correctly, I "imported" the livery from GT Sport and now you are having trouble with colors?

If so, was the color in GT Sport standard (HSV code) or special color bought with mileage exchange?

Is the trouble that GT7 special colors aren't a match, at least at designation, with the ones in GT Sport?

Have you tried to find a special color close to the one you choose in GT Sport and apply it?

If I understood correctly, I "imported" the livery from GT Sport and now you are having trouble with colors?

If so, was the color in GT Sport standard (HSV code) or special color bought with mileage exchange?

Is the trouble that GT7 special colors aren't a match, at least at designation, with the ones in GT Sport?

Have you tried to find a special color close to the one you choose in GT Sport and apply it?
It wasn't imported from GT-Sport. Found it on the GT7 livery search.

The matte blue was there and fine for a while. As you can see, I used it during a Daily race. Then, one day, it just turned into matte black. I've spent way too much time re-searching for that exact color in matte but can't find it. I should own it since I bought the livery, but I went though all the paint chips anyway.

I can find that "color" and apply it within the editor, but it only comes in shiny and no longer matte. Now, it looks like the GT500 than the Gr3 one above.

If I try to reapply the original livery, the preview shows matte blue but then comes in as matte black.

If anyone is bored, give it a shot. Do a search in GT7 livery search, under the Nissan GTR Gr3 car for "Helm" and apply it (you don't need to buy it to see it on the car as a preview).

It wasn't imported from GT-Sport. Found it on the GT7 livery search.

The matte blue was there and fine for a while. As you can see, I used it during a Daily race. Then, one day, it just turned into matte black. I've spent way too much time re-searching for that exact color in matte but can't find it. I should own it since I bought the livery, but I went though all the paint chips anyway.

I can find that "color" and apply it within the editor, but it only comes in shiny and no longer matte. Now, it looks like the GT500 than the Gr3 one above.

If I try to reapply the original livery, the preview shows matte blue but then comes in as matte black.

If anyone is bored, give it a shot. Do a search in GT7 livery search, under the Nissan GTR Gr3 car for "Helm" and apply it (you don't need to buy it to see it on the car as a preview).

You don't buy liveries in GT7, you pay to apply it on your car. Your credits don't go to the its creator.
Is the same way you pay to apply your own livery imported from GT Sport and even risk it doesn't work well or having decals missing.

Is it a manufacturer's original paint or one of GT's special colors?
I don't know; I've not been able to re-find it as it was. There is a matte colored blue in the Aston Martin manufacture's paint, so I bought that but it wasn't the same (of course we can't see it on the actual car before buying it).

You don't buy liveries in GT7, you pay to apply it on your car. Your credits don't go to the its creator.
Is the same way you pay to apply your own livery imported from GT Sport and even risk it doesn't work well or having decals missing.
Yes, I know. "Buying" the livery means I bought all the paint required for it. Like I mentioned, I can go into the editor and see that color - or something close to it - but I can no longer apply it as matte, rather it's glossy only.

Still, if I apply the livery itself, it comes in as black like pictured above. So, the above is almost moot as it just doesn't translate as-is.

Back