Livery Editor Tutorial Videos - by Blue Chicken Designs

• Thread starter atteiros
  • 32 comments
Hi guys! I started creating simple Livery Editing tips videos on youtube for some friends. You can find it here:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIqI85_54rz7mGhpUTZvWKA

Hope some of you guys find them useful. I have been creating liveries for other games like Live for Speed and rFactor so I was pleasantly surprised to find out GT finally incorporated a livery editor.

I'll be posting some of our livery pics here. You can also search for the ones I share online with the search key blue chicken.

Tips:
Understanding Work Areas
How to Use Skew
Kill Switches, Extinguisher switches, Clip Arrows and Tow Arrows
How to Match Colors with Logos
Create a Tear Away Effect
Create a Tear Away Effect - 2
Decal Creation and Upload
Creating an SVG file using Inkscape
Projection Areas and how to fix Glitches
Understanding the Color Picker tool
Projection Method: Align with Camera (or how to project a decal at the bottom of the rear wing)
More Align with Camera Tips

Choosing Sponsors and Decal PlacementNEW!!!

Livery Design Basics Part 1 - Follow the Car's Natural Lines
Livery Design Basics Part 2 - Using Shapes as a Contrasting Element
Livery Design Basics Part 3 - Using Texture as a Contrasting Element

Helmet Liveries - BasicsNEW!!!
Helmet Liveries - Align with Camera NEW!!!

Creation - arranged from basic to complex (Quick runs of Livery Creation with some thoughts and notes):
Create a Basic Livery in 15 minutes
Create a Striped livery in 15 minutes
Minimal Decals Challenge
Jupiter Fictional Livery
Advan Based Livery
Advan Based Livery - 2
Using a Splash on Chrome Effect
Using a Fade or Gradient
Ink Spill style Livery using Lucas Ordonez' HAYATE logo.

Last edited:
Fictional Harman Logistics team used in the tutorial link below:

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1510834585080.jpg
    FB_IMG_1510834585080.jpg
    34.4 KB · Views: 18
Decal Upload Run through is up. I don't have any SVG tutorials, so this is more of a how to upload and use the decal in game. If you need in depth tutorials there are a lot of great inkscape creation videos from better sources than me.

Last edited:
Hi,

Sorry it took a while to reply. I can do a quick video, but I am really not sure what to do with it as well. Is it supposed to on the grill as an outline?
The stock liveries on both cars have it but every time I try to use it it looks like crap compared to the standard car‘s :lol:

New Tutorial Video is up! I'm starting a new series which talks more about designing a livery. These are just basic ones. I know I don't make very technical designs, but these can help you conceptualize and create a livery in less than 15 minutes.

Thanks for that 👍

For the plate on the DB11 I'd use L1 and the left stick to move the cross tho ;)

I've watched all of your help videos and I must say great job. I'm fairly new to creating livery for GT Sport and need lots of help.
I was wonder if I sent you a couple of vector logos I've downloaded and imported in to Inkscape would you be able to show me
how to convert them into SVG files (using Inkscape) so I can then upload them into GT Sport. One of the other problems I'm having is that the files are to big. I keep getting an error message say file is to big. How do I make the file smaller using Inkscape?

garystevens64

Attachments

• Blue Chicken.zip
    20.3 KB · Views: 8
Last edited by a moderator:
Back