LMP1 and LMP2 Cars in GT6

• Thread starter Jaxtor09
  • 14 comments
Germany
Germany
I just want to race with some LMP cars in GT6, but I'm not quite sure which cars could race in LMP1 category and which cars could race in LMP2 category.

Is there any list or something here in the forum that I can use to get an overview?

All LMP cars that are post-2000 would be classed as LMP1. The only LMP2 car in the game is the Greaves Gibson added for GT Academy, but it's pretty fast for what it is. The two Deltawings could be classed as P2s, don't read into their high PP ratings. The Audi R10 and R18 are also considered fairly slow for P1s, so could be theoretically run well against P2s.

The '03 Pescarolo is a bit underrated compared to the others. With the right tune it can do pretty good with the others.

The GTR LM NISMO from GT Academy *might* fit better in a race full of LMP2 cars- in real life, that's where it was "competitive" this year. I don't have enough driving time on it to compare it prperly with the rest of the GT6 P1 cars, but it is notably slower in most people's hands afaik.

...But technically it is (was) a P1-class car.

hsv
The two Deltawings could be classed as P2s, don't read into their high PP ratings.
If we're gonna get technical, the Nissan DeltaWing is roughly a P2 and the Mazda is roughly a P1.

LMP2 cars include the Zytek Nissan, TS030, R18 and LM Nismo :) The Furai has an LMP2 chassis, but without kinetic energy recovery and is 200kg lighter.

Sorry should have said that they generally run at around the same pace, might need to limit the Nismo and TS030 for a fair race.

The GT-R LM, being the only current LMP1 car outclasses the R18 TDI and the TS030.

LMP2 cars include the Zytek Nissan, TS030, R18 and LM Nismo :) The Furai has an LMP2 chassis, but without kinetic energy recovery and is 200kg lighter.
Errr no.

Zytek is LMP2 correct.
TS030 is a LMP1-hybrid.
The R18 is a normal LMP1 (first hybrid Audi was 2012 e-tron quattro, 2011 was the "Ultra")
GTR is an LMP1-H with 2MJ ERS.
Furai has a Courage LC75 P2 Base but doesn't exist as a P2.

No LMP1 btw has KERS, as all cars currently have different methods of recovering power IRL this time.

hsv
All LMP cars that are post-2000 would be classed as LMP1. The only LMP2 car in the game is the Greaves Gibson added for GT Academy, but it's pretty fast for what it is. The two Deltawings could be classed as P2s, don't read into their high PP ratings. The Audi R10 and R18 are also considered fairly slow for P1s, so could be theoretically run well against P2s.
Wrong.

Bentley is LM GTP, and technically pre 2004 Pescarolo and Audi are LMP900.

Deltawing is not in any class, clues in Garage 56 title at Le Mans.

Before we confuse the guy just run any LMP from '11 onwards making sure to test them and create limits to equalise them.

As much as I despise the way that AJ runs the GTP Endurance Series, I have to give him and it's participants full credit for making a Balance of Performance table that seems to work extremely well. It might give the OP a good idea on how to tune certain cars to make them run realistic and balanced lap times for their category, as long as you're good at driving on the limit and squeezing the full potential out of the car;

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u...ULATIONS - 2015 GTPLANET ENDURANCE SERIES.pdf

In terms of real life LMP cars, the 2004 and 2005 versions of the Pescarolo C60, the 2005 version of the Audi R8, and the Audi R10 TDI, Peugeot 908 HDI, Audi R18 TDI, Toyota TS030 Hybrid, and Nissan GT-R LM Nismo were officially classed as LM P1 cars. Out of these, the Audi R10, Peugeot 908 and Nissan GT-R LM are your best bets when it comes to setting realistic LM P1 standard lap times in game, unless you're trying to replicate the uber quick lap times of 2015, in which case the Pescarolo C60 might be your best bet. I'm not so sure about the 05' Audi R8's performance level but it's probably a bit quicker than the Audi R10 and slower than the Pescarolo.

Meanwhile, the Audi R18 needs a bigger turbo to be able to compete at an LM P1 standard, whilst the Toyota TS030 unfortunately cannot be given a performance boost, and is slightly off the pace despite having very good handling and traction.

The Nissan Zytek Z11SN is the only 'true' LM P2 car in the game, but fortunately it does seem to run realistic lap times for it's class in stock trim. As you might have seen in the above BoP table, the Pescorolo's can be turned into pseudo LM P2 cars, and you could probably do the same with other LMP cars, especially the Audi R18 which is not that much faster than an LM P2 car in stock trim...

There are also many other Le Mans cars in the game that weren't officially LM P1 cars (the category in it's modern form didn't exist until 2004), spanning all the way back to the Group C era. Many of these cars can set LM P1 standard or better lap times in stock trim. LM P2 standard cars however are few and far between, unless you go out of your way to down tune a car to LM P2 standard.

Hope this helps you out.

I just decided to race in my LMP1 class with the Toyota TS30 Hybrid, Nissan GT-R LM Nismo, Bentley Speed 8, Audi R18 TDI and Peugeot 908. Toyota and Audi got an oil change to increase their performance. I've tested these cars on different tracks and they are nearly on the same pace. At Le Mans the Audi is nearly 15 seconds off of the Nissan and Bentley pace. At Grand Valley the Bentley is nearly 2 seconds faster than the Peugeot, but the other cars are all in 1 second behind the Peugeot.

For me it's fun to drive with these cars and compare them in Arcade Mode.

Back