Lobby Racing: Suggestions for Improvements

• Thread starter Guffaluff
  • 7 comments
Iceland
Iceland
Guffaluff
Hello all!

For the past months I've been pretty much out of Sport Mode. Reason being that I started a Icelandic GTS League that I have been enjoying more then the Sport Mode races, although they are quite enjoyable as well, and most of my time goes in practicing for thise races.

Obviously, since then, I've been spending a lot of time hosting and managing lobby races for the league. While the options and setup available is good, but could easily be great! :). So I just wanted to start this topic with my thoughts and wonderings on the subject. Here are changes I'd like to be implemented, in no particular order.

1) Better race format
This is something I don't really understand. It would save a lot of hassle to be able to setup a proper race weekend with timings. What I mean is that I'd like to be able to setup a complete race schedule with Practice, Qualifying and Race.

How it should be is that I start the lobby. It starts in "Practice" phase. I have set it for example so that Qualifying starts at 9PM and lasts for 15min, with extra time given for players to finish their current laps, just like in the FIA Live events. After that, the "Race" phase automaticly starts, with my predetermined setting, and on we go.

With the current setup, the host has to be on top of everything, monitoring the time and so forth, instead of just setting everything up in the start and having the game manage the rest for you. Also, it's way to easy to mess up your time using the current practice phase as qualifying. Going into the main lobby takes you off track and the time doesn't register. Actually just happened last night in our last race. One guy had a good lap, was 3rd, but was in pits spectating in the end and started last.

2) More filters for elegible cars
Current system is OK, but I feel like it should be possible to hand pick cars, and also set more then 1 category.

If I want to enforce a one-make race for example, or maybe just allow Japanese cars in N500 category, and so forth, you can see where I'm going with this.

As it is now, it's possible to do some crude filtering with weight and power options, but it's very limited.

3) BRING BACK SHUFFLE RACING
I never played GT6 online, but I heard about the shuffle racing lobbys, and I'd LOVE that feature! :)

4) Setup championships / Cups
Allow me to setup for example a 5 race sprint race cup, with scoring system. Or a longer running online championship. I understand this is possible in PCARS2, and I feel this should be a option in GTS, especially with how online focused it is.

5) Bigger Lobbies
I would like the max players in a lobby to be increased to 20, or maybe even 24. This could allow for proper multiclass racing, and just more packed grids.

Also, it would be really cool if a lobby was full, that it could still be possible to join in to spectate.

6) Improved false start penalties
I loved the implementation of false starts. But I feel the penalty for a false start is not properly done. Getting held up on the grid just creates chaos for those behind. I feel a false start penalty should be enforced and served in the pits in the following lap.

7) Distance Driven
For some reason, the distance you drive in Practice phase in lobbies doesn't add to the cars Distance Driven, although it it does count towards daily workout and the general game stats.

As a a stats nut, I would like this fixed! :D

This is it for now, would love to hear you guys's opinions :)

This is it for now, would love to hear you guys's opinions :)

Last edited:
I didn't read anything bar the shuffle racing.

I loved shuffle racing on GT6 as it was a great leveller. You had to adapt to each of the cars every race and it put you in 'worse' cars each time to try and balance things.

Likewise, dirty shuffle racing was a good laugh as well - for other reasons! lol

6) Improved false start penalties
I loved the implementation of false starts. But I feel the penalty for a false start is not properly done. Getting held up on the grid just creates chaos for those behind. I feel a false start penalty should be enforced and served in the pits in the following lap.

That wouldn't make any sense. False start and you're basically ruined with a drive through penalty? I get the issue with the false starts but that is not a good solution. People just have to get used to false starts and not expect the driver ahead to nail the lights out every time.

3 Things, mostly to help league racing:

1) Have a qualifying mode ffs

2) Be able to limit cars to one-make, other limitations possibly too

3) Be able to have Fixed Settings but still with adjustable power/weight so leagues can set their own BOP while still having fixed setups.

That wouldn't make any sense. False start and you're basically ruined with a drive through penalty? I get the issue with the false starts but that is not a good solution. People just have to get used to false starts and not expect the driver ahead to nail the lights out every time.

Or, to go the middle ground, if a player jumps the start, the penalty is served instantly as it is now, but the car ghosts.

Show the lobby settings like tire choices, fuel consumption, tire wear, etc right on the lobby list instead of having to view it manually. It’s probably a small thing to most players but it annoys the hell out of me.

Back