Lobby start bug

Has this ever happened to you?

• Yay

• Nay

Results are only viewable after voting.
Slovakia
Slovakia
dawko-san
Hello. I am starting this thread because I think it really needs more attention. I believe everyone who was in a GTS' lobby experienced this. A race is about to start when suddenly you cannot move. Everyone else starts just fine, but some people don't.
This is when grid start is selected.

The other option is that you do start, but cannot actually drive, the car is stuck in auto-drive. This is when rolling start is selected.

It's not triggered by sitting in pits, nor by driving a car or connection quality. I for example have an excellent connection but it happens to me all the time in a lobby (the more people in lobby the bigger chance that the bug occurs). It usually happens when some people cannot see other people (yes, problem which has been with us since GT5 and GT6). However, the people with these connection miss-matches usually have a solid connection.
It does not matter if lobby is tied to the owner or not. I don't think clearing cache helps with this but you can try.

I witnessed a race of 3 people including me and my 2 friends which could not see each other and 1 of them could not start. Me and the other friend could and did though. But when I saw them practicing on track, they weren't lagging or anything.

This bug ruins lobby races and I don't get it how is it not fixed already. I wonder how Alonso and his new e-sports team (or others) want to run their championships with this happening. Then again, maybe that's what needs to happen.

Sports mode races are completely unaffected by this.

Example:

In this video you can see the Corvette is stuck in auto-drive and in front of it there is an Italia, completely stuck in place. Take a look at the video and you can see other players kind of "go through" it. What the player with Corvette sees is other players demolishing the Italia, but what is really happening is the other players don't actually see the Italia and so they just go through it no problem. That's why on the video they crash into it, but continue normally, like they never crashed and they didn't.

Last edited:
That’s definitely strange. To be honest I luckily haven’t encountered this bug, but I have to admit I usually don’t run lobbies with more than 6-8 people. It’s some weird bug, but who knows if PD is ever going to sort out some of their other bugs/glitches which effect Sports Mode like randomly disconnects, pit glitches wall riding etc. But I agree if happens during a Championship Season it must be fixed. Otherwise there’s no point in doing any.

Yes we had in the first EGT3M Round at Nürburg the Problem at the start on the Mainrace that some cars Stopped and were not moving at all after the Autopilot started.

In Round 2 We had at Suzuka the Problem that 2 Cars always stayed in Autopilot after start. After 2 Restarts I reopened a new Lobby and then it worked.

This Bug is in the Game since Day 1 and it is like it was on day 1. No changes at all..maybe PD do not know about that Bug??

I've had an issue a few times.
Generally people being stuck in autodrive when the race begins.

This is an almost full lobby with people from Europe and Aus.

I see you mention it is "unaffected" in Sport mode.
Which, I guess, stands to reason.
In Sport mode, the race is run with the server being the host, in an open lobby it's the lobby owner who hosts the race.
So incompatibility with others in the lobby is not without question.

Still, it's annoying when it happens.

People talk of netcode, which is well beyond my understanding.
So perhaps it can be improved, but I've no clue.

I had this bug during a practice race for a league I'm competing in. The race had to be restarted, which really sucked because I qualified second. Tried the race a second time from the back, and another player suffered the bug and AGAIN there was a restart. After that, we were able to get the race started without any issues. What's worse is that the bug was present in GT6...:scared: On the topic of lobbies, I've had many issues with them in this game. I've had menu music playing whilst on track, issues with the exterior camera, and not being able to see friend's lobbies.

I think the Not being able to move thing' usually will happen to you sooner or later in any online game you play.

Ive seen that a few times in different games. Happens all time in GTAv, usually when doing co op missions with more than 4 players,

It always only happens just as the "event" is triggered when the server takes everyone from the lobby and tries to place them into the start of a race/mission/deathmatch... from time to time, you always see others standing frozen, or you're froze and others are moving... Something happens in that moment when you transition from the lobby into the event.(You're there, but not really there)

We had this last night with a new guy to WRS, and here's some networking suggestions I gave to help:

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...ampons-not-needed.373288/page-2#post-12158425

First time it happened, we restarted the race, but it happened to him again, so we had to go on without him. :(

Not really conclusive that this actually fixes it, but it has worked for a few friends.

Is there any chance you could somehow forward this thread to PD/SONY?

Also, I had tried the suggestion you gave some time ago but I had encountered the bug anyway.

edit: op updated.

Last edited:
I have only managed one lobby race where this didn't happen so I have given up.

Another bug I have seen is where some cars pulled away before the countdown has started and the rest of us were just stuck in grid positions and the countdown never started.

Yup... Happened to me too all together with old known issues ported from GT6 as drivers in the lobby that don't see them them on track or incompatibility with host issue while trying to enter a lobby...

If in 4 years since GT6 was launched they didn't fix those problems... I just don't expect to see them fixed now and the new one as the "auto drive issue" also...

Will keep stuck on Sport mode and for personalised online i go play other sims :)

I don't think this is a bug. PD has programmed the game to do this when certain conditions are met. It would be nice of them to let us know what these conditions are so they can be addressed.

From my own experiences with this issue, I believe it is caused from connectivity issues between players. However, the stuck player is not necessarily the cause of the problem, even though the blame is always placed upon the stuck player.

I am writing this quite angry so I do apologise BUT the Rolling start bug is STILL happening and it's effecting my experience so much.

I was a C driver for a few day after working so hard to get out of D to then be put all the way back down because I refused to race when I start on pole but end up in 7th because of the bug.

Do they even listen to their community? The Penalty system is still broken and things like this just make me wish GT6 was on PS4.

Please Polyphony fix your God damned game because it isn't a bad game... it's just broken.

Not seen the auto drive issue, but then again I never use rolling starts as I loathe them for being so incredibly dull & boring. However, & have run a few lobbies in GT Sport recently & have seen this issue of at least one person per race being stuck on the grid. Add in the people not seeing each other bug from GT5/GT6, & it makes me not want to buy PS Plus. I'm currently using the 14-day free trial, but I don't think it's worth buying the full version just for GT Sport's broken user-created lobbies.

:(

Back