GTP_WRS-Online Event 7: Crampons not needed

• Thread starter PASM
  • 62 comments
Confirming the Wednesday slot for EU. @PASM will add you on PSN shortly.

Will be switching colours from what my colours were in the TT to the colours I have registered, although the "grey" I registered will be a darker colour, hopefully none of my number options have been taken?

(#17 or #56)

Last edited:
Confirming the Wednesday slot for EU. @PASM will add you on PSN shortly.

Will be switching colours from what my colours were in the TT to the colours I have registered, although the "grey" I registered will be a darker colour, hopefully none of my number options have been taken?

(#17 or #56)
Cool. You don't have to add me to race, but you can of course. Color and number is just to inform others. We don't require them to be unique, though it would be nice if everyone respects others numbers and choose one that isn't taken. You can check them in the registration table.
wrs-oe-driver-registration-png.691268

Had a crash near the end of the race and Speedy got past me. Was showing him as 12th when he went past me, then changed to 6th as he crossed the line. Seen this before in another race when the timing was messing up due to pitstops.

Second best to racing - watching Pekka’s live stream! Well done guys. Great watch Pekka. 👍

Replay of my race. It went great, except for overrunning the entry to the pits :)

Would you like me to open the room? I’m a but worried about my internet connection for hosting

Got DC'd from PD severs and game is frozen.Now my internet is out. Could be because of the snow and ice i guess.

@oldguy58 (aka Gnome_V8), we might be able to fix that "stuck on grid" bug with router settings. Things were a little disorganized tonight, with the visibility issues. Thank you for understanding, and I hope you try again. 👍

NA Quali:

Gran Turismo®SPORT_20180117191632.png

NA Race:

Gran Turismo®SPORT_20180117202412.png

NA Fastest Laps:

Gran Turismo®SPORT_20180117233444.png

Enjoyed my debut WRS race last night. I'm more of a racer than a time trialist in that I generally prefer to see my competition on the track with me. I'll have to change my approach to time trialing as after the race I decided out of curiosity to do the time trial again and I improved my time by over 4 tenths! As Mr. Honda said "Racing improves the breed"

@oldguy58 (aka Gnome_V8), we might be able to fix that "stuck on grid" bug with router settings. Things were a little disorganized tonight, with the visibility issues. Thank you for understanding, and I hope you try again. 👍

NA Quali:

View attachment 707228

NA Race:

View attachment 707226

NA Fastest Laps:

View attachment 707227
No big deal, 🤬 happens. Oddly enough on my screen I also had madmax and nail stuck on the grid as well. But looking at the results they ran just fine. Oh well.
:confused:

No big deal, 🤬 happens. Oddly enough on my screen I also had madmax and nail stuck on the grid as well. But looking at the results they ran just fine. Oh well.
:confused:
Did you clear your Cache when you exited?

Some of the guys think that helps with the stuck on grid thing. And, as Lucas said. Router settings could help.

EDK
Did you clear your Cache when you exited?

Some of the guys think that helps with the stuck on grid thing. And, as Lucas said. Router settings could help.
That's something that we used to have to do on GT6 & ps3. When I switched to PS4 I looked around for something similar and never found anything. When I asked the question in a couple of communities I was basically laughed at and told this is a PS4, there is no cache.
:confused::confused::confused:

This is the 1st time l've had a lobby issue in GTS unlike another title I won't mention. Was looking forward to the race. Maybe next time.

That's something that we used to have to do on GT6 & ps3. When I switched to PS4 I looked around for something similar and never found anything. When I asked the question in a couple of communities I was basically laughed at and told this is a PS4, there is no cache.
:confused::confused::confused:

This is the 1st time l've had a lobby issue in GTS unlike another title I won't mention. Was looking forward to the race. Maybe next time.
I can't recall top of mind where the setting is, as I've only had to do it once or twice.

But it's there, for sure, in game in some of the settings screens.

Maybe @Gravitron or @MadMax have the detail more top of mind than I do.

@oldguy58 in GTS, Options-> Network and I believe the only option in there is to clear cache. We haven't really had the game long enough to know if it's needed before every online race (as we got into the habit of doing for GT6). In my opinion, a better way to go is giving your PS4 a dedicated IP address and then changing your router settings to put that IP address in the DMZ. We've also seen @roamer2629 have this issue a lot, but I believe he got a newer router and did the DMZ trick and hasn't had the problem since.

EDIT: there's also some router port forwarding that you can setup that is supposed to help Link, but I don't know of any WRS'ers (besides maybe @JamCar0ne ?) who have tried setting that up.

@oldguy58 in GTS, Options-> Network and I believe the only option in there is to clear cache. We haven't really had the game long enough to know if it's needed before every online race (as we got into the habit of doing for GT6). In my opinion, a better way to go is giving your PS4 a dedicated IP address and then changing your router settings to put that IP address in the DMZ. We've also seen @roamer2629 have this issue a lot, but I believe he got a newer router and did the DMZ trick and hasn't had the problem since.

EDIT: there's also some router port forwarding that you can setup that is supposed to help Link, but I don't know of any WRS'ers (besides maybe @JamCar0ne ?) who have tried setting that up.
Yeah, wired the ps4, set a static IP, DMZ. Problems gone.

Thanks for all the pointers guys. I think I've got it, you plug the framitz into the whatzit, turn the crank 3 times and do the hokie pokie twice and I should be good to go.:lol:

I know where to go in the PS4 to do custom network settings but don't know what numbers etc...to use. I'm already wired to the modem. Do I need to gain access to modem to program as well?
Looks like I've got some homework to do, want to try to get this done this weekend.
Found the cache thanks to @Gravitron. It is game specific now, that's why I couldn't find it in PS4 menus early on. GTS. wasn't out yet. PS3 it was part of the system not the software.
:cheers:

Back