Logitec G27 Wheel shakes!!! HELP!!!

• Thread starter alex v
  • 22 comments
SHURIK_GTLMsquad
xbox suck!!!
Hi guys! Im having this G27 shaking problem with the steering wheel. I bought my first set, and had this problem, thought it was a defect so they sent me another one, but now this new one does the same exact thing.

The faster you drive the more it shakes left to right like that. It's ridicules.

Anyone with the same problem??? what's going on with this G27 steering wheels???

here's the video below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=BXGNm0PuO2I

That is actually normal. All of the wheels do that.

There is not anything wrong with your wheel.

That is actually normal. All of the wheels do that.

There is not anything wrong with your wheel.

really???? That's normal??? how the heck to people race? sometimes it's impossible to steer out of the corner normally cause the wheels just want to throw you out the other way. It interferes with your driving.

Is this issue is just in Gran Turismo or in other racing games??? do you know????

Mine does the same thing there is nothing wrong with your wheel I got use to it but you should always hold on to the wheel when you go fast and now I got use to it I do not even notice it anymore.

Alright thanks guys! I'll try getting use to it!

But is this only in Gran turismo??? did anyone know if other racing games have this ????

alex v
really???? That's normal??? how the heck to people race? sometimes it's impossible to steer out of the corner normally cause the wheels just want to throw you out the other way. It interferes with your driving.

Is this issue is just in Gran Turismo or in other racing games??? do you know????

Yeah it is. It does that on every wheel I have owned (three DFGTs and currently a G27).

It takes a bit to get used to. I have had some cars not do it as violently too. Sometimes your suspension makes a difference, but it will still do that.

Yeah, it does it on RFactor, LFS for PC too. It is a normal thing. I feel bad you sent it in before knowing this. It takes a bit to get used to, eventually you don't notice it. Put your FFB at 10, you will get used to it pretty quick.

It is and issue is only with in Gran Turismo 5 it is a deadzone issue but hey get use to it. It is fine with me.

Perfectly normal in GT5. Just hold on to the wheel and don't let go. IMMORTALPILOT (and many others) use the G27. It's a good wheel.

I guess you're talking about force feedback? But can't you turn it off, if it's bothering too much? Correct me if i'm wrong.

I guess you're talking about force feedback? But can't you turn it off, if it's bothering too much? Correct me if i'm wrong.
I know you can change the levels on it, but I'm not sure if you can turn it all the way off.
And besides, the wheel will shake like that anyway. My Logitech GT Driving Force wheel does exactly the same thing.

Pinkintron
I know you can change the levels on it, but I'm not sure if you can turn it all the way off.
And besides, the wheel will shake like that anyway. My Logitech GT Driving Force wheel does exactly the same thing.

Oh, ok. That was new information for me too.

After the wheel "centers" itself simply unplug the power supply and leave the USB plugged in to turn all feedback off.

jgancherjr
After the wheel "centers" itself simply unplug the power supply and leave the USB plugged in to turn all feedback off.

Will it be "heavy" to turn it then? Like in real car with power steering.
Maybe a stupid question, but it just came to my mind.

NMKH91
Will it be "heavy" to turn it then? Like in real car with power steering.

No, it will become loose like it is while your system is turned off. It would be a complete waste to unplug it. Just my opinion.

It only happens when you let go of the wheel. Who lets go of the wheel of a racing car at speed? It's a non-issue.

This is not a "problem" its normal FFB effects. Heres a crazy idea how about you hold the wheel still with your hands ? could work. I have a G27 & have FFB on 10 on GT5 & its FFB effects are still as weak as a day old kitten, If you find this makes it impossible to drive then I hope you never try a codemasters games FFB on full or driving a real car as you will probably break an arm or wrist.

i think it is quite realistic as i have ever driven a honda crossroad with my family on a mini"road trip" and at 130kph the steering wheel of the car was wobbling too...haha....had to reduce the speed...

Latest Posts

Back